Atris' duels?

There are a lot of KotOR2 pics with Atris versus Darth Nihilus, even on the cover of the KotOR2 box, versus a Sith Assassin.

I've finished the game as a Jedi Sentinel(15)/Watchman(15) and the only times I've seen Atris fight were (1) versus Jedi Brianna in the Telos Academy hall and (2) versus the Exile in the same main hall and (2.5) a continuation in her Meditation Chamber.

Does Atris have any (more) duels/fights if the Exile is played as Dark Side?

(Does Atris have any (more) duels/fights which were cut from the final game release?) :ph34r:

Just a guess but I'd say that they had a fight for her against someone else and it was cut from the final print of the game. By the time they put out the game they typically already have covers printed and packages waiting for each cd to be written...so the cover was probably done before the game was even cut short. Yet another one of the little things we missed out on :p

It was just the way it turned out. I too thought it was silly that Atris seemed like this great light sided Jedi, with a voice of an angel, while Nihilus would be the main bad guy. But art can fool the greatest of minds. And yes, there was an Atris scene (s) cut from the original game. It was supposed to be that Atris might have been the Traya instead of Kreia. But they cut that out. Although they left the dialouge and models intact.

When Kreia was talking to Atris near the end I though 'oh my god, Atris is this Darth Traya person and she's going to be the end boss, nice!' then was dissapointed that I was wrong.

It's somewhat reasuring to find out that I could have been right if the game wasn't cut down. I mean, it made sense, she was obviously supposed to be a much bigger character than she ended up being.

I kept waiting for a scene where Atris would stop complaining about how "'the Exile betrayed her..." :rolleyes:, realize how much she felt/feels for him, that his actions then were 'right', or at least see what he is doing now to correct the situation and actually help.

A romance sub-plot with her doesn't sound like a bad idea anyway. :)

Kreia actually had to tell her bluntly.

Would have been really nice to see her in combat as a party member, or at least in a cutscene. Atris as a character, I found, interesting.

On another note, plot revealing Atris as Sith, or at least somewhat corrupted by the Dark Side was not really a big surprise (probably not intended anyway) since her manner of tone at the Exile's trial and her reasoning are unlike what one would hear/expect from one on the Jedi Council.

Yeah the whole point of 'darth traya' is that they are betrayers that were betrayed. Atris would have been perfect. She assumed the Exhile betrayed her when they went to war with Revan, so Atris betraying the Exhile would have made perfect sense. Bah

And of course she is wearing a white robe and her hair is white.

Yeah, and flesh not corrupted or decaying.

The "Darth Traya" version of Atris (that was left in game files but never used) showed a much different (yet just as as great looking) wardrobe. As for face....eh....well maybe she uses lots of face cream. :D

The "Darth Traya" version of Atris (that was left in game files but never used) showed a much different (yet just as as great looking) wardrobe. As for face....eh....well maybe she uses lots of face cream. :D

You mean this one? Wouldn't recognize that it was Atris just by looking at it. Looks a bit creepy in a way.

Darth Traya screenshot

The "Sith" in this game seems to prefer hoods with a flat top for some reason :shifty:

OMG you're right!! She looks like the evil Queen from Snow White. :shifty:;)

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

That's not Darth Traya. That's not Atris. That's...that's...that's THE EMPEROR'S great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandmother! :shifty:

She's got the whole angelic LS look, her face is plastered all over the promo's and well, seems they had a big change in plans.

"You're cut!" - Homer Simpson as Peewee Football Coach

I think Atris and Nihilus were going to be the big baddies as indicated by all the art stuff, but one possible reason for cutting (or redesigned very early in development as it seems) the Atris related bits were because it would've seemed too KotOR 1 - a Jedi who has feelings for you turns into a Baddie. (Bastila)

Don't get me wrong, I would've liked her to admitting she liked you even if it was repetitive.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

She's got the whole angelic LS look, her face is plastered all over the promo's and well, seems they had a big change in plans.

(snip)

I doubt it. What would the point be in giving away the story in the concept art? The concept art presents character concepts from the game, it isn't hand-drawn screenshots.

(Though on a tangent developer screenshots do have a tendency of showing situations that aren't in-game either. For example of the three screenshots at the back of the UK TSL box, two of them are of situations that can't happen in-game. A saber-wielding Exile on the Telos Plateau and a female Exile with the Handmaiden in the party :wub: )

I think Atris is used as a symbol of the Jedi in the concept art since the appearance of the Exile is not fixed, and her frosty, white appearance makes a nice contrast to the dark clothing of Nihilus and Sion.

Perhaps she was intended as a party member once, but I hardly think there was any big showdown between Atris and Nihilus. Any encounter between them would be over in seconds, with Nihilus leaving her a drained, lifeless corpse on the ground having fed on her power. She is a "normal" Jedi and would be able to resist Nihilus power no more than the hundreds of Jedi that gathered on Katarr. Only the Exile would stand a chance againt Nihilus since the Exile's the flipside of his coin.

I also think it would make little sense if Atris had been the original Darth Traya end boss. She's a jedi unable to confront her emotions about the Exile, which leaves her vulnerable to the dark side. That doesn't instantly make someone a Sith Lord, or a puppet master. When K told Atris that "There must always be a Darth Traya", I think she was actually refering to herself taking up that mantle again. But K wanted Atris to believe she was refering to her, to turn her against the Exile so that closure could be brought to that part of the Exile's past.

I kept waiting for a scene where Atris would stop complaining about how "'the Exile betrayed her..." :wub:, realize how much she felt/feels for him, that his actions then were 'right', or at least see what he is doing now to correct the situation and actually help.

A romance sub-plot with her doesn't sound like a bad idea anyway. :(

Kreia actually had to tell her bluntly.

Would have been really nice to see her in combat as a party member, or at least in a cutscene.  Atris as a character, I found, interesting.

On another note, plot revealing Atris as Sith, or at least somewhat corrupted by the Dark Side was not really a big surprise (probably not intended anyway) since her manner of tone at the Exile's trial and her reasoning are unlike what one would hear/expect from one on the Jedi Council.

My current Fanfic (I finally found a name I quite like) deals with this, but it is not a key part of the story. However, her troubles do involve her delving into Sith knowledge in anger, and... Oops, I almost told some of the story...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

It makes her being Darth Traya even more fitting.  Generally, white is associated with purity; that's one of the reaons why wedding dresses are always white.  You wouldn't expect someone as pure as Atris to betray you.

Atris? Pure? Allow me to steal a phrase from Atton and say "Pure my eye". Atris just so far from pure that even Hanharr is like an angel next to her.

She really looks stupid as Darth Traya. It's good they didnt put her in there, at lesat not like THAT...

Atris to Exile: So you have come. Now the appreantice must kill the master.

Exile: HAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

Atris: <_<

Perhaps she was intended as a party member once<snip>

I expect that she was, since she have a party portrait hidden in the game.

True, she has a portrait, but so does B4-D4 (The Czerka protocol droid) and 3C-FD (T3s sidekick in the Prologue) and Bao-Dur's Remote, but they didn't stay in your party for all that long. :lol:

It's hard to know for sure from a portrait if she was only supposed to join you briefly or if she was a permanent party member at some point during development.