The Mandalore Poll

What do you think of Mandalore after playing the game?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Mandalore after playing the game?

• The pinnacle of manly
    • Sexiest man in any video game
    • I want to make Mandalorian babies with him!
    • WHY isn't he a romance option?
    • Bah, he's not as manly as Atton/Carth/Bao-Dur/etc.
    • He can charge up my entry ramp anytime.......
    • *STILL fixated on Visas Marr/Mira/Handmaiden's "entry ramps"*
    • Take off his helmet! I wanna see that face.........
    • OMG IT'S MANDALORE!!!!!!!!!!
    • If he never takes off that armor, he must have severe B.O.

Come to think of it some of his fire had been extinguished in K1, if you had completed his side quest. After the conflict with Jagi, he got all weepy and self-reflective.

That's true, but I just finished another DS K1 ending this morning and when speaking to him onboard the Star Forge, he revealed that he wasn't done fighting yet and that he was with me until the end. I suppose he got over the Jagi confrontation pretty fast.

I could never get that to trigger. Can you fill me in on what exactly happened?

I could never get that to trigger.  Can you fill me in on what exactly happened?

You mean the whole Jagi encounter? Well after talking to Canderous extensively about the Mandalorian wars and his experiences, taking him into any number of star ports will trigger one of his men from the wars to approach him with a challenge to the death. It has to do with a strategic decision that Canderous made that cost the lives of some of his troops, I believe. The man, Jagi, tells Canderous to meet him in the Dune Sea on Tatooine. Go there, meet up with Jagi, and there's a conversation between Canderous and him. You can Force Persuade Jagi not to fight Canderous, or you can simply urge Canderous to deliver the final blow. Either way, Canderous is very affected by the exchange and begins to question his battle ethic. Like I said earlier, however, this conflict seems resolved by the time you hit the Star Forge.

That's true, but I just finished another DS K1 ending this morning and when speaking to him onboard the Star Forge, he revealed that he wasn't done fighting yet and that he was with me until the end. I suppose he got over the Jagi confrontation pretty fast.

That's odd. I'm currently playing K1, just to pass the time while I wait for a K2 patch. Anyhoo, I just reached the unknown world and in the conversation I just had with Candy he says how he's tired of raping and pillages worlds. He'd stick around until I was done with him and then he'd go in search of his own way because the time of the Mandalorians was finished.

[off-topic]

I thought I had seen everything in K1 but it turns out there's still a few stones left unturned afterall.

[/off-topic]

Like having another old friend back. Except now, even though he talks big, I don't think Canderous really believes he'll ever be able to bring the Mandalorians back to their former glory. He's older and tired enough to realize that the war was a death blow. He is gathering the Mandalorians to fight the new war with Revan, which will most likely be their final stand.

A very strong and cool character, and I really like him. I was glad to find out how Revan made him Mandalore, but I wouldn't really expect anything else. He was and is very loyal.

I love his line, "What the hell is she DOING up there? We've got to get off this SHIP!" on the Ravager. Great delivery on the part of the VA, and timed just right to remind you of the suspense factor.

Never really thought about him vs. the droids, but he never did acknowledge them much. Guess he might think droids don't figure into the whole 'honor' equation, and as such aren't worth much to a Mandalorian.

Cool guy, I liked Canderous in the first game and also enjoy'ed him in the sequel. He's pretty good in fightin' and he's also a good friend. Mandalorians are crazy about honor, about losing against the better enemies, admitting, that you are very good (if you are), etc, etc. and that's likable.