Question regarding Disciple

All the loose ends have been cleared up for me, either from forum topics, missing content, or just playing the game way too many times and reading all dialog possible. What I still haven't figured out:

Why is the Disciple considered a betrayer?

Who exactly is he betraying?

What is he a desciple of?

Well, I'm sorry to say that I never have actually completed any of my female files (one can only do Peragus so many times over, unlike any other world imo). But I do know from looking around some, the Desciple is searching for the Jedi, is a spy for the Republic, and was (at one point in his life) trained by the Jedi. I think it may have been the Exile, but I'm not positive (who trained him).

And before the end, Desciple sees the Echoes and realizes that if they continue at the current rate, all life in the universe will be wiped out by Kreia's plan... That's all I know. Sorry I couldn't be of any better aid.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Why is the Disciple considered a betrayer?

Who exactly is he betraying?

What is he a desciple of?

He was considered a betrayer? Refresh my memory, please. :">

He is a disciple of the Jedi/Republic, I believe, and later yours.

My guesses/thoughts on the Betrayer thing:

1) The Jedi, since he quit them after the Exile decided to go to war - making the title more of a philosphical thing.

2) Of the Exile - there's some dialogue bits in the folders that indicate he's caught sending messages to the Rebublic while on the EbonHawk - I don't know if you get these or not, ever - maybe they've been cut, like so many others were. In that case, 'betrayer' might be a reference to something he was supposed to do in the game that isn't there anymore - and Kreia knows the future, so calls him that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

He was considered a betrayer? Refresh my memory, please.

Kreia calls him that during one of the cutscenes where she's running around tormenting Disciple on the ship.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, he does call Carth if you're Male...

Kreia doesn't know the future for sure. She may know the near future, but noone is SW knows the future for sure...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Of the Exile - there's some dialogue bits in the folders that indicate he's caught sending messages to the Rebublic while on the EbonHawk - I don't know if you get these or not, ever - maybe they've been cut, like so many others were.

Aaah! Those darn cut bits.

Of the Exile - there's some dialogue bits in the folders that indicate he's caught sending messages to the Rebublic while on the EbonHawk - I don't know if you get these or not, ever - maybe they've been cut, like so many others were.

Aaah! Those darn cut bits.

Well, there is one in, where Atton finds out and he explains that he sends them to prevent the Republic Agents searching for him because he didn't call in.

When???

Yes, she can't read the whole future...if at all...more likely she's just reading his mind (or spirit, or whatever) and knows what his true motivations/intentions are or something, and in her eyes, it equals betrayer...for whatever reason.

Well, there is one in, where Atton finds out and he explains that he sends them to prevent the Republic Agents searching for him because he didn't call in.

Hmm...I had full influence with both Atton and the Disciple and never got those...ARGH

? Disciple can't be in your party if you're male.

Hmm...I had full influence with both Atton and the Disciple and never got those...ARGH

I only got this one because I entered/exited the ship on my last planet before Dantooine 2 untill the movies were depleted...

Perhaps Disciple does something when he goes back to Khoona on Dantoonie, during your defense/non-defense of the place, if you're male?

And I never got that scene w/Atton reporting etc. either. Maybe you need to have low influence w/Disciple & high w/Atton to get it. (and I always enter/reenter to trigger scenes...)

Oh, and its your first time after seeing Disciple when you report that Vrook wasn't in the enclave. Not during the battle.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

There are two cutscenes on the Ebon Hawk regarding the Disciple contacting the Republic. They are still in the game.

The first one is when T3 encounters him in the Communications room using the comm system, they talk for a bit and T3 displays a hologram of Carth to the Disciple.

The second one, which is a continuation of the first, is where the Disciple is in the Cargo Hold and Atton comes in, confronting him about the transmission to Telos that Atton had intercepted.

In order for the first cutscene to trigger, you must have found three of the Jedi Masters (Vash, Vrook, Kavar, Zes-Kai-Ell) and Atton and Disciple must have had both their Argue/Fight cutscenes. (Those two cutscenes only trigger if Atton has less influence than Disciple, 15+ and 30+ less respectively.)

The second cutscene where Atton confronts Disciple about the transmission only triggers once the first one with T3 vs. Disciple has been played.

In order for the first cutscene to trigger, you must have found three of the Jedi Masters (Vash, Vrook, Kavar, Zes-Kai-Ell) and Atton and Disciple must have had both their Argue/Fight cutscenes. (Those two cutscenes only trigger if Atton has less influence than Disciple, 15+ and 30+ less respectively.)

The second cutscene where Atton confronts Disciple about the transmission only triggers once the first one with T3 vs. Disciple has been played.

This sort of thing makes me wonder ... how many times would you have to play the game to see all the cutscenes?

Kreia calls him that during one of the cutscenes where she's running around tormenting Disciple on the ship.

I LOVE it when she does that. When Di is "working" in the medlab, Kreia runs past really fast and he turns round like he doesn't think people can run on board a ship. I was rolling on the floor laughing for some reason... at his own stupididty or my own stupidity... I'm guessing its the latter though. ^_^

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

@ stoffe -mkb-

Thanks a lot for info that led to me getting to see more of the cutscenes!

Amazing how little things like that can make the game feel a little more sensible....not a lot...but a little.

---------

@ AlanC9 - maybe more times than one would play, if a player tends to stick to one kind of behaviour regarding NPC's. Not sure I would have seen those on my own.

I really need to get this for the PC so I can externally manipulate the influence.  For some reason I simply can't bear going through the game for long with more influence with Disciple than with Atton.

Just do Dantooine last. It worked like a charm for me. :shifty:

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read