Best Prestige class for Sentinel?

What would you consider to be the best prestige class for a Jedi Sentinel?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What would you consider to be the best prestige class for a Jedi Sentinel?

• Jedi Master/Sith Lord
    • Jedi Weapons Master/Sith Marauder
    • Jedi Watchman/Sith Assasin

It's my favourite base class, but I think it goes well with anything. The watchman/assasin is a bit blah because the extra damage just tends to result in serious overkill 90% of the time.

Weapon Master/Maurader is my personal choice but only because it fits my up close and personal with force powers for support style of play.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Personally I always start as a Counselor. With their added force bonuses to resist their powers, and all their many force powers, I crush anything I fought with. (note: sion got spanked at the end and so did kreia, they were far too easy for me, ) Which would mean I'd like the Lords' prestiges, even though I have yet to actually play them. (details in the kotor2 review I posted)

I've never tried weapon master before.

Maybe I'll save and try both watchman and weaponsmaster.

What is the special force powers for Weapons Master?

Not really special force powers, but rather the increased combat abilities.

You take less damage, and the % goes up as you get higher in level, all the way to 15% damage reduction.

You do more damage with melee weapons or bare hands.

You have the options of taking Jedi Weapons Master-specific feats, such as superior weapon focus for your lightsaber, as well as three extra feats dealing with superior two weapon fighting.

You can also get the Juyo lightsaber form (Form VII) that is unavailable to the other two light side prestige classes. This form gives you an extra attack, and really improves your critical threat.

Using Juyo form, in combination with master flurry, master speed, and two weapons (or a double bladed lightsaber), you'll get six melee attacks / round, and with the added critical threat, you'll be opening up many cans of whoop-a** on anyone. I pity the sad little Sith Lord that has to go against you...

I have completed the game with:

Sentinel --> Watchman

Sentinel --> Sith Marauder

It was easier with the second build although that could've been due more to experience of the game and going DS. I know I found KOTOR to be much easier if I went DS since you could just kill and pillage willy-nilly and end up getting more credits and items for less work. But anyways, this time through I'm going Sentinel --> Sith Lord. Sentinel is (obviously) my favorite starting class. It's nicely balanced and ready to go into either the Weapons Master/Marauder by concentrating more on the melee side of things or into the Master/Lord side of things by concentrating more on the powers side of things but without it being unbalanced at the beginning when you're just getting started.

I was going sentinal/watchman my first playthrough and got the handmaiden bug where I couldn't turn her into a Jedi. I started over and played as a counsler/Jedi Master which was really easy as I could force spam anyone to death. Even though I was lightside I took the kill force power and used it on sion. Poor guy couldn't even get a swing in on me. It was pretty sad. Anyway I plan to go Sentinal/Weapon Master on my next run through for the skills/feats combo. I would like to try a guardian, but they have such poor skills and I don't think I will ever need a feat every level.

I've used Guardian/Weaponmaster once and Sentinel/Watchman twice. The first was a tank, but stats increase slower and are weighted toward one thing. He couldn't talk anyone into ANYTHING.

I got a lot more conversation choices with the second due to higher INT and CHA, etc. I didn't think I'd use the extra stealth abilities at all, but they come in quite handy at Trayus; last time through I didn't use one grenade. Just cloak, open the door, count the Sith, Force Lightning or Wave the crowds and bash three or less. They killed my Weaponmaster dead; but the Watchman came out of most of those fights without a scratch.

Has anyone tried the Sentinel/Jedi Master combination? I've been thinking about trying that just for an experiment.

I've used Guardian/Weaponmaster once and Sentinel/Watchman twice. The first was a tank, but stats increase slower and are weighted toward one thing. He couldn't talk anyone into ANYTHING.

I got a lot more conversation choices with the second due to higher INT and CHA, etc. I didn't think I'd use the extra stealth abilities at all, but they come in quite handy at Trayus; last time through I didn't use one grenade. Just cloak, open the door, count the Sith, Force Lightning or Wave the crowds and bash three or less. They killed my Weaponmaster dead; but the Watchman came out of most of those fights without a scratch.

Has anyone tried the Sentinel/Jedi Master combination? I've been thinking about trying that just for an experiment.

Must have been a terrible weapon master. My current build is steamrolling through everything. Pah, bring on the endless waves of dark jedi!

Must have been a terrible weapon master. My current build is steamrolling through everything. Pah, bring on the endless waves of dark jedi!

Actually, it was 1st playthrough and I just accepted the game's choices for leveling up. He was most likely overconfident because he had mowed through everything else up to that point. :"> And it didn't help when some doors opened by themselves and let in more of the dudes. It was like 1st and goal at the Superbowl. Toast. He had roadrunner syndrome in the last fight with Kreia and her lighsabers, too ... kinda reminded me of Revan's fight with Malak... except Malak was a bit tougher to kill.

• 17 years later...