Remember the Game developer choice awards?

Meshugger

...for new studio (Crytek won) and best writing. While Chris Avellone didn't win, i find that the winner was a bit odd: Half-Life 2. I must've have missed something, what was so good about the writing in Half-Life 2?

link.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

...for new studio (Crytek won) and best writing. While Chris Avellone didn't win, i find that the winner was a bit odd: Half-Life 2. I must've have missed something, what was so good about the writing in Half-Life 2?

Wasn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The ending to KOTOR 2 is more than rushed... it's slightly non-existent. I've literally just finished it with darkside mastery and all I got was someone falling down a hole, and then a dodgy piece of red somethingorother in the middle of space - Half Life 2's ending was annoying in that it didn't explain anything where as KOTOR2's ending just didn't happen!

These awards are like the Oscars -> 0 relevance but it's fun to see how developers reward themselves; at least Gamespot has decent ratings with a +/- 0.5 error margin most of the times but at GDC awards Thief 4 wasn't even nominated for audio and it has imo the best sound of 2004.

Not the end of the world.

well crap. Does that mean I have to return these tin foiled hats and rat-poisoned kool aid fun packs now?

Either that or sell them on E-Bay, btw I like the Gandalf reference

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ya just a taste is worse then none at all

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

sorry no reply about HL2 story, I got  severe motion sickness after 2 hrs of playing and had to be rushed to the hospital...

*laughs at you*

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta