I just uninstalled KotOR II from my PC

Despite my earlier remarks on the "The patch will never come out!" thread, I won't cast blame on any company responsible for this. Just wanted it to be let known that there SHOULD be some responsibility taken for this though. A customer shouldn't be asked to pay fifty bucks on the good faith that a solid piece of gaming software will be reliable... when the truth of the matter is it's the shakiest game ever to sit on my PC.

I enjoyed KotOR tremendously. I want to enjoy KotOR II even moreso. There is SERIOUS potential here for a kick-butt game... IF whoever behind the scenes is responsible for this sort of thing would be so kind as to FIX. THE. CODE.

So as of this morning, KotOR II is uninstalled from my computer, and won't come anywhere near it until a patch is released that I'm convinced will make this game something that it currently isn't at all...

...namely, "actually playable".

Before Hades_One and other forum trolls respond...

I think it is very telling when people like yourself feel that strongly about the game to where they do uninstall it and then go to the developers message board and publically tell them this.

(Again, this is not a flame. This is actually a compliment).

However, the act of not uninstalling it itself is not enough for them (OE or LA) to even care as they've already got your (our) money and that is all that matters.

To be fair, the patch IS coming. But it is not known when and maybe this is a good sign that they found more problems and are trying to correct them before they release it so it actually does improve performance for all chipsets and isn't just a piece meal patch that doesn't really do anything at all as is common for a lot of developers.

Not to sound overly hostile, but nobody cares.

Seriously. It's not relevant information to anyone, nor a paticularly good way of protesting. I mean, I'm not starting my second play-through until the patch is out and I didn't have any big problems. I'll probably take it down, so I can apply the patch on a clean install. So what? Next thing you know, the people who can't even get it to run will be declaring that they are keeping it in the box until the patch is out.

You need a bigger hard drive.

Not to sound overly hostile, but nobody cares.

Well, the hard drive is plenty big enough (200+ gig) but that they *don't* care that they've released something that doesn't work?

Maybe it's the sort of thing lost in this day and age, but a fella used to be bound by honor to tell his friends and neighbors about what DOESN'T work, before letting them go and waste their own money on it and finding out for themselves.

You act like its something new. But it's not. Happens on everyboard. If your unhappy with the game then return it to the store, no one is going to shoot you or anything.

Just uninstalling it, well who cares. LA already have your money and are laughing at your "gesture".

If your just uninstalling it till the patch arrives, well who cares even less... There has to be something seriously wrong if people just hang about waiting for a patch rather than playing or doing something else.

Given the inevitable crapiness of peoples systems and the extra work that goes into making patches. I'd probably count myself grateful that someone is even making a PC version, rather than just using the game to sell some extra Xboxes.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Nobody cares that you no longer have the game installed. It means nothing. Especially since you'll put it straight back on when the patch comes.

Everybody knows that the game is buggy and people are frustrated. Even if they managed to avoid every single article about this on major gaming sites, just the existing posts on this forum are enough to enlighten people. Furthermore, why would anyone who has not yet bought the game be in the tech help forum anyway?

And if it makes you feel any better, people still attempt to dissuade others from buying things, both because of valid concerns and (more importantly) petty personal grievances. Though if you want to keep up with the times, you'll have to exaggerate and lie so that nobody might dismiss your problems as tolerable or irrelevant.

You act like its something new. But it's not. Happens on everyboard. If your unhappy with the game then return it to the store, no one is going to shoot you or anything.

Though I doubt the game store will let him return a game he's played through because he was unwilling to wait for the patch. He might get some cash for it, but it would be the equivilant of selling them a used copy, not a return.

It's not like they can repackage and resell the game new at that stage.

Feel free to steal this sig.

Though I doubt the game store will let him return a game he's played through because he was unwilling to wait for the patch.  He might get some cash for it, but it would be the equivilant of selling them a used copy, not a return.

It's not like they can repackage and resell the game new at that stage.

I've never had a problem , even with PC world. I just show them a printed bug list and they happily refund my money.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I only have a problem with severe slowdowns in different areas.

Peragus Mining Tunnels

Malacor V 1st Area

Everywhere else is pretty much fine, unless it slows down from all the action.

My machine can run tons of lightsabers flying around the screen like crazy, but it can't manage to process a piece of rock on Peragus. lol

Despite my earlier remarks on the "The patch will never come out!" thread, I won't cast blame on any company responsible for this.  Just wanted it to be let known that there SHOULD be some responsibility taken for this though.  A customer shouldn't be asked to pay fifty bucks on the good faith that a solid piece of gaming software will be reliable... when the truth of the matter is it's the shakiest game ever to sit on my PC.

I enjoyed KotOR tremendously.  I want to enjoy KotOR II even moreso.  There is SERIOUS potential here for a kick-butt game... IF whoever behind the scenes is responsible for this sort of thing would be so kind as to FIX.  THE.  CODE.

So as of this morning, KotOR II is uninstalled from my computer, and won't come anywhere near it until a patch is released that I'm convinced will make this game something that it currently isn't at all...

...namely, "actually playable".

Time for me to sound off a little.

Having kept an eye on this board, I've observed there are 3 significant issues with this game.

1. Ati Cards. Are you running an ATI and complaining on Obsidian's forums? You're in the *WRONG* place. ATI's drivers have, consistently throughout the company's history, been bugridden and poorly written. Your problem is not the game, it is the videocard. You should be on ATI's forums complaining there, not making claims it's somehow Obsidian's fault that ATI's drivers are generally horrible. I'll also point out, on every forum with every game I've seen in the last 5 years, there's a half dozen threads about ATI cards and problems. Nary a thread on the same thing with NVidia. In addition to that, ATI has a long history of spending more time coding their drivers to cheat at the benchmarks than solving problems. If you're someone who doesn't know much about computers, I sympathize with you, you shouldn't have to deal with these problems. But if you're someone who knowingly bought ATI over NVidia, you bought yourself these problems, they are *nothing* new.

2. Sound. Some people buy from Dell, some people build systems. If you bought your computer and you got stuck with onboard Audio, I sympathize, you *shouldn't* be stuck with these problems. If you built it using Onboard Audio, you knew better than to do it. Either way, Obsidian isn't responsible for the generally poor quality of Onboard Audio drivers, and again this is the wrong forum for the problem. The people that you should be complaining to are the ones who sold you the computer.

3. Bugs. These I agree with. But the actual bugs present in the game do not destabilize the game, nor do they have a huge gameplay effect, except in some extreme cases where critical triggers don't occur. These are legitimate complaints. The "My game crashed!" or "I can't play with sound!" generally present themselves as Driver issues. Not bugs.

Be very blunt, if your computer is running an ATI card or is using Onboard Sound, you're in the wrong place with your complaints. Obsidian writes to DirectX spec, and if the drivers for your Hardware are so bugridden that they don't comply then you need to be complaining to them, not Obsidian.

You want someone to take responsibility, there it is. ATI. Intel. Asus. Abit. MSI, Gigabyte. Dell. Gateway. E-machines. Via. Those are the people who should be taking responsibility.

Not Obsidian because Hardware drivers don't meet MS's specs.

(Side Note: If you're one of the ones bit by the disappearing enemy bug, and a plot trigger failed because of it, disregard everything above, you've got a legitimate beef)