Getting Level 50

I spend a lot off time killing Hssiss's on Korriban and finally reached level 50. Then went to battle with my companions and with Darth Revan and now that I got all this I went to Dantooine for the End game, done the Ravager and I am now in the Trayus Academy, what surprised me is that I found almost the same items that I will find when level 36 or so. Only, this time for every action you get to browse through so many force powers to get the one you want. Can anyone who has also done this please tell me why to do this again.

I would certainly like to hear your opinions.

Master Vandar lives!

you're better off cheating! nothin new, the random item thingy is broken or dumb and the enemies, well they're dumb easy and modified to your level... as far as I know, you wasted a small portion of your life you're never gonna get back... so you might as well sue LA for that..

The fun of the bad guys having more HP's when your items do not improve?

Did someone tell you it was worth it, or something?

Some people just like to max levels/anything on principle, tho. You might even say, some are obsessed with it. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What? There's no purpose? :-

I thought that the ladies should be impressed at my sexeh lvl 50 character.

I've been betrayed!

;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, plus it's slow going and you could easily beat the game at level 36 anyway.

I cheated once to get to 50, but realised that it took out all the fun out of the game if you are mass slaughtering twenty dark jedi apprentices with a lightsaber that you shouldn't even have.

:huh:

Guest Damar Stiehl

As a Consular/Weaponsmaster, I made it a point to get to level 36. Level 18 is the last time the Consular gets 2 powers (IIRC). Level 15 is the last level for bonus Weaponsmaster feats. And at level 36 you get the "even" stat point.

As a Consular/Weaponsmaster, I made it a point to get to level 36. Level 18 is the last time the Consular gets 2 powers (IIRC). Level 15 is the last level for bonus Weaponsmaster feats. And at level 36 you get the "even" stat point.

Level 36 without cheating? I didn't know that this was possible.

For Guardian/Weapon Master good crossover points are after taking an odd level where you get a feat, so that you get one more feat as would otherwise be the case. Doing this at level 19 also gives you one more DB. But all this is pointless, since the game is pretty much over when you reach level 15 or so. Until then there are at least some situations where you could get hurt.

Also, the prestige class feat series seem to be designed to take a lot of feats for giving little to nothing in return - basically to act as a 'sink' for the extra feats that players get because Obsidian stretched 15..20 levels worth of game over 30 character levels but couldn't be arsed to actually design a sane progression for levels past 20. Come to think of it, they couldn't be arsed to design a sensible progression for levels 1..20 either.

Guest Damar Stiehl

There's only one way to get a high level: beat the Hississ in the Korriban tomb. A lot. Until your nose bleeds.

The Weaponsmaster feats IMO are great... I don't consider them feat sinks. I just wish that the Superior Weapon Focus: Lightsabre gave you a damage bonus as well as a to-hit bonus, because to-hit is already insanely high at those levels.

I have never beaten this game on any level higher than 26. And I've gotta tell ya, at about lvl 25, you can kill a roomful of Dark Jedi and Sith troopers with literally nothing more than a raise of your hand.

So, seriously...with a game this easy, what's the point of getting even more powerful?? Do you just want to be utterly bored playing it or something?

Plus, I think that after lvl 25 the game scales to your level anyway, doesn't it? Isn't being at lvl 50 no different than being at lvl 25?

I think the only perk you get at being at lvl 50 is finding that modified Jal Shuey armor, aka Darth Malak's fiber armor. :huh:

But good luck finding that with the RLG.

There's only one way to get a high level: beat the Hississ in the Korriban tomb. A lot. Until your nose bleeds.

Oh, I see. ;)

The Weaponsmaster feats IMO are great... I don't consider them feat sinks.

Compare the feat/bonus ratio of the basic dual-wielding feats with that of the prestige series ... The basic series progresses by 4 points per feat (0/4 or 2/2), the prestige series progresses by 1 point per feat. The Superior Weapon Focus series is similar to the basic Weapon Focus in that you get exactly +1 to attack, but while the +1 from basic Weapon Focus can be useful early in the game there is little need for additional attack boni at high levels. For one thing, you get insane BAB simply from being high level. For another, you get so many items, boni, upgrades and whatever that the small boni from your natural attributes and your feats don't matter anymore. Besides, you'll miss on a roll of 1 in any case, even if your attack bonus is 10...20 points above the enemy's defense rating.

At high levels the game is about dishing out damage faster than the enemy because everybody always hits pretty much everybody else, except if you have a high defense (DEX-/WIS-based) build. I am excluding grunts here but they don't matter anyway.

Guest Damar Stiehl

Yes, but with Superior Dual Wielding you actually get BONUSES for wielding two weapons at once.

Small bonuses, but still. Da powah!!

Or do the mine exploit until you go blind from staring at 15 mines stacked on top of each other.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Or do the mine exploit until you go blind from staring at 15 mines stacked on top of each other.

Here is the reason you WANT level 50:

Beancounter's Hardcore mod, using his "Insane" settings, then setting the game's AI to hard-mode ;)

Try playing with that and telling me you don't need level 50 :lol: I bet you can't handle Mira/'Hanharr's escape against all those totally killer Ubese with those settings ;) I get raped in two hits if I am not EXTREMEMLY careful ;) Wookie Rage anyone? ;)

In order to really stand a chance of beating those sort-of settings, you need at least level 30, and it would not hurt to download these mods:

1. Prestige Padawans Mod (Once your Jedi reach a certain alignment point, they will become their prestige class...Heh...3 full-fledged Sith Assasins...PWNED! ;))

2. Prestige Robes&Items package (Don't even try to argue with me. These iteams are really needed if you are using the hardest difficulty you can use ;))

3. Version 1.3 of the Envida's Complete Mods (This REALLY helps you early-on in the game...You'll need it if you use the hardest settings ;))

4. Beginning Items Mod (All these components and chems come in handy as well, and it gives you a *REASON* to pump points into TA and also to pump up your CON, combine this with Envidia's mods to make all implants buildable, and you'll see the reason why I heavily suggest having at least 16 CON when you start ;))

I usually start out as a Guardian, because if you build your Force right, you won't need a Consular's extras to be death incarnate ;) You also really need all of those extra Feats too...They are a total nessesity for using the hardest settings.

Try using the hardcore mods and some supporting mods...I myself am currently using about 20 mods, most are re-skins and remodels though. I also had to use the new Force Crush sounds that were made a while ago....Hehehe....CRUNCH!! ;)

I don't like beancounter's mod. It's not as much a difficulty mod as it is an insane enemy buffout. It unbalances the game even more. I mean, +30 to will saves just for the sake of it?

But then again, I'm not a fan of powergaming and ph4t l00t either, so that mod isn't for me.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.