koriban cave question

hey i have a question about the cave on koriban as a LS character, maxed LS actually ;p ... is there any way to get through the first vision (malak recruiting for the mandalorian war) WITHOUT getting DS points? I worked hard to get ultra light for the extra con points that i really really need :lol: and no matter what i chose to say or do in the first part of that cave I gain dark points (also this is the last planet i came to of the ones you can fly to after telos so i'm worried i can't earn my light points back). Also a lot of times it will say "the last blow didn't kill you, but.." and then it says i died and need to load a game. I'm pretty confused about that whole scenario and honestly if there's no way to go through it without losing LS points i'm not sure it's worth the bother... anyway if anyone knows what i'm supposed to be saying/doing so as not to be evil for no apparant reason or get killed when supposedly i didnt get killed, do let me know, or if you just always lose LS points there, let me know that too heh...

There are definitely ways of engaging in that confrontation with Malak and not earning DS points. All you need to do is select the options that show that you regret the choices that you made during the Mandalorian wars and that you see the Jedi Council's wisdom was "correct". Repent for your past actions, and do not join Malak when he asks you to. You shouldn't get any DS points for doing this. If you do, perhaps you're suffering from a bug in the game.

I have no trouble not getting any DSP in that vision. No idea what you're saying to him to trigger it.

Just say all the stuff that is neutral or lighter. ie "I didn't follow you then I won't now" and all that.

And there will be more LSP oppurtunities down the road - not tons more, but they'll be there. There's still a ways to go before the actual end of the game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I dont I got neither LS or DS points when i went into the grey mode.

Me:

I was wrong for disobeying the coucel and the war was evil and I wish it never happen, but the war was needed if the Republic to survive.

hmm odd when i first went in i did exactly what you two said about saying i regret having gone with them and i won't join them now etc. then i died horribly and had to reload went back in said the same stuff again and got dark side points....

Am I not supposed to be fighting the other jedi? or only Malak or something?

The next time I went in i went for the neutral sounding answers and got dark points again. The third time I went for the all out evil answers and got dark points again :p so i'm kinda getting frustrated... Maybe I'll try it again from a somewhat earlier save and not the one right outside the cave... I know I can probably earn my light points back but I'm kind of anal about my allignment since I've been max light for about 2 planets now and it's really annoying to suddenly be knocked down off the pedestal even though you're not aware of saying anything remotely evil heh especially when you've been gaining light points that dont go anywhere due to being max light already for a while :lol:

You don't need to say that the council was right, that you made a mistake to join the war etc to avoid Darkside points. My Exile stood by her convictions that she did what was necessary for the greater good and would have joined in the war again if she could do it all over, and never got a single darkside point. I guess as long as your reasons and intentions for doing it was good, you aren't getting a darkside shift.

You will however get a massive darkside shift if you are "killed" by any of the illusions in the tomb. The point of the "test" appears to be able to get through the tomb without being defeated.

As for the "Malak" fight, if you have Force Wave, Force Storm or another area of effect power, use it as the battle starts. All the illusions except Malak seems to fade away as soon as they take any damage at all.

Malak's the only one you have to 'kill' - the others fade when he falls. Concentrate on him, ignore the others.

Make your first action an energy shield or speed, if you have them, then try to move so you can reach Malak (since he tends to hang back for a few seconds).

If you're Light you may not wish to use Force powers if you don't have to, since you can't regen your force points (well, hardly)..

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If you're Light you may not wish to use Force powers if you don't have to, since you can't regen your force points (well, hardly)..

There's no point in holding back on force power usage when you fight any of the groups/situations with illusions though, since your FP pool is completely refilled after you have defeated them. ;) (Though Malak, the Mandalorians and Kreia have ridiculously high saving throws, making force powers not overly effective against them.)

Fighting the regular monsters it's easy for a lightsider without Drain Force to run out though...

since your FP pool is completely refilled after you have defeated them.

I didn't notice this to occur in my game, and I did use the speed. But my force points didn't regen at all, anywhere, in there. (and I didn't have Drain Force at the time)

aha then i think i know why i'm getting the dark points no matter what i do, i have been dying to the phantom jedi becaus ei didnt realize i could take them out with an area damage thing one time i did manage to take them out an focused on malak but that was the one time i used evil answers also explaining the dark points there. Gonna restart in a minute and see if i cna use force wave to knock the others out of it and beat up malak... hope it works this time :rolleyes:

My Exile stood by her convictions that she did what was necessary for the greater good and would have joined in the war again if she could do it all over, and never got a single darkside point. I guess as long as your reasons and intentions for doing it was good, you aren't getting a darkside shift.

That's what I did, too, and I got no darkside points. No way was I going to drop my conviction that the Council was wrong. That just seemed to invalidate all the deaths of the people who fought and died for the Republic.

On a side note, it was really nice seeing Bastila again. :p

Odd that at that point, the Exile knows Bastila. But when T3-M4 plays the holovid for him, he asks, "friend of yours?". Granted, the Exile may know 'of' Bastila and just curious if she and T3 were 'friends'. But the wording and mood just tends towards a bit of inconsistency. *shrug*

ok finally got past that spot without dark points... force wave didnt make any of the other jedi vanish, nor did the grenade i chucked at them and i ende dup dying again... but second time i redid it (sticking with my convictions as well) i force waved them then hit each of them once with my lightsaber they all poofed except bastila and malak. took bastila out and then had to heal up a bit and kill malak. No dark points FINALLY!! Also my force points did regenerate to 100% after malak vanished as was said earlier, they did not when i went through it getting dark points.

Thanks to everyone for the help :p

oh and as for the thing with T3, i don't think the question "friend of yours" is meant as in "you knwo who that is because i dont" but as in "you know who that is? i didnt know you knew bastila" if that makes sense.... As in I think you know bastila but you want to know what connection T3 has to bastila. after all T3 hasn't ever told you that he ran around with Revan and bastila... Or it could be a blooper :p but i'm thinking it was just a statement which was unclear as to it's actual intention.

On a side note, it was really nice seeing Bastila again. :wub:

Odd that at that point, the Exile knows Bastila.  But when T3-M4 plays the holovid for him, he asks, "friend of yours?".  Granted, the Exile may know 'of' Bastila and just curious if she and T3 were 'friends'.  But the wording and mood just tends towards a bit of inconsistency. *shrug*

Bastila's presence in the Cave illusion makes no sense from a story perspective. In the first game she told you that she was just an apprentice at the time the war began and that her battle meditation had not yet manifested itself. If Bastila was 18 in the first game as was claimed (don't know if its true), then she would have been 13 by the time the Mandalorian Wars began. A little young to be recruited to join in a war, in my opinion. And she certainly does not look that young in the cave scene...

Then again, the timeline in KOTOR is fairly messed up, perhaps this is just another example of this. :p

Bastila's presence in the Cave illusion makes no sense from a story perspective. In the first game she told you that she was just an apprentice at the time the war began and that her battle meditation had not yet manifested itself. If Bastila was 18 in the first game as was claimed (don't know if its true), then she would have been 13 by the time the Mandalorian Wars began. A little young to be recruited to join in a war, in my opinion. And she certainly does not look that young in the cave scene...

Then again, the timeline in KOTOR is fairly messed up, perhaps this is just another example of this. :wub:

I think Bastila was in her early twenties in the first game, not 18.

Although, when you say to the illusion that Bastila did not join, Malak said something like : of course, not in the beginning, but in the end, she joined us.

With this line, I understood that the whole illusion weas symbolic of the choice to follow Revan at one point or follow the jedi consil, it was not an illusion that illustrates an existing scene, more sme summarize of a period of engagement.

I figured I got them because I called him 'pompus', but it was worth it!

No, that's not the triggering statement either. I called him 'pompous' at least once, and didn't get DS. I couldn't resist either. But Kreia's answer to that was no different than to the other choices I made. :wub: