Sin City

random evil guy

I will ALWAYS visualize elijah as frodo. It'll be very difficult to visualize him as anything else ;)

Especially as Kevin. Kevin! Of all the villains... Kevin! I'll admit, when I saw the reflection from his glasses in the trailers I was pumped. But E. Wood as Kevin?

I know he looks similar, but I havent felt this odd since Exorcist II.

Call me by my dream name.

ahh the mark hamil syndrome...

I guess Hamils typecast as the farmboy or goody two-shoes. But I don't recall Mark Hamil starring in any movies as a psychotic time-traveling crossdressing lesbian from the lost continent of Atlantis... which is what Kevin would be symbolically when compared with Frodo. The closest Hamil has been to an evil bastard is the Trixter and the voice of the Joker. Try to think of Hamil as the Hannibal Lecter that is portrayed in the novels. If you've read Sin City, well you probably understand. If not, hopefully they will keep certain things complete for the movie so afterwards, you will understand.

Speaking of keeping things complete, I must have watched the trailer at least ten times and I swear that the only thing I can truly say that is different is that Nancy Callahan is not showing her breast. Everything, the shots, the dialogue, pretty much every damned thing, is dead-on lifted from the comic.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

I've only read about ten pages of Sin City(Can't remember the album's name), but I'll definetly go watch this. Love the style and the way they've sort of merged the comics and the movie together. Reminds me of **** Tracy, and that's positive, when it comes to visuals. :shifty:

EDIT: Hahahaaa! Filter strikes again.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm ashamed to say that the art has kept me away from most of Miller's stuff. He's a really lousy artist.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I haven't read the comic, but this looks incredible!! The trailer is great, the cast is incredible and it's directed by both Rodriguez and Tarantino! I'm already feeling guilty for not having read Sin City.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm ashamed to say that the art has kept me away from most of Miller's stuff. He's a really lousy artist.

I wouldnt say that, I think Sin City's got just the style it should have. Its very impressive that he does it all by himself too.

p.s

jessica alba so ugleh

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I just came back from the movie. It was different, to say the least. It seemed a little long, but entertaining nonetheless. The black and white thing worked out really cool, because they made the blood look flourescent. A decent flick, but maybe a renter.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just saw it. Having not read Miller's work, I didn't know what to expect. I was actually kinda dissapointed how it turned out. I don't mind garbage in a story that serves to tell the story, but it seemed like this had violence just for violence sake. It was Ok, i guess, but i don't think it was worth the 7.50 I paid to get in. If you liked the comics, you'll probably like the movie though, and it did get a lot of good ratings, so maybe I just missed the point *shrugs*.

Sin City was stylish, well acted, well written (as far as it could be taking the source material into account) and kept you on the edge of your seat.

The CGI was excellent. If there ever was a way to capture the feel of a noir comic to film this was it.

Masterpeice in every sense of the word.

As for the violence issue, the comics are violent because this world is. Its not violence for violents sake, it because thats the world these chars live in. And sometimes there is no rhyme or reason for violence it just happens. But in this films case while somewhat violent it wasnt done mostly with reason IMO.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I would like to add that this was Mickey Rourke's best role since Harley Davidson and the Marlborough Man.  :p

Haven't you ever seen Barfly?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Of the three main characters(I say main, but its a loose term. I really mean the three narrators), Rourke's Marv was definetely the best. Hartigan was... Hartigan, but I don't think Willis really drove it home. Clive Owen was... well, I didn't know what to expect with him, so I wasn't let down, but bored would fit it.

As for Jessica Alba being ugly... you guys drunk? I wouldn't say she is the hottest girl ever, but ugly? Talk about a skewd view.

i loved that shot of Marv running on the bridge in the rain. It looked like a panel from the comics. And how many bullets does it take to kill the guy?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I have to say, after seeing that I can never picture Elijah Wood as a hobbit again.

Overall I enjoyed it and thought it was quite well done in just about every respect. I'm in agreement with Rhomal here.

Feel free to steal this sig.

I saw Sin City on Friday night, and it's one of the best movies I've ever seen, and easily the best comics-to-film adaptation made. The movie had me in the first 30 seconds and didn't let go, I was utterly immersed in it and loving every second.

The dialogue, the visuals, the music, the acting, all were spectacular. I'd have to say Mickey Rourke and Clive Owen stole the show, those two were phenomenal. It's fortunate that Rodriguez was able to convince Miller to cast Rourke, as Miller was initially against the idea, but Rodriguez's experience with Rourke in Once Upon A Time In Mexico encouraged him to press the casting. Definately a smart move.

At any rate, this will be a see-again in the theatre and DVD purchase. The DVD comes with the theatrical version on one disc, but the second disc is a re-cut version, with cut material put back in and each story told on it's own, rather than merging them into one whole piece.

newlogo.gif