Sin City

random evil guy

I've been looking forward to this for some time...I think it has the potiential to be a fantastic film! :huh:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They really better not **** this up, but I don't see how with Miller actually being there.

I wonder if Rourke's involvement has to do with his work in Bar Fly, thas a movie with a really interesting back story

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Rodriguez suggested Rourke, but Miller wasn't sure. So Rodriguez arranged a meeting between the three, and apparently after the meeting and Rourke had left, Miller said "He's Marv."

Or something to that effect, I'm paraphrasing from what Rodriguez said from memory about Mickey Rourke's involvment...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This movie looks sweet. It's going to be interesting to see how close they've gone with Millers excellent material.

Apparently they're using copies of the comics as storyboards. Thats how close.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wow! I did not know of this. I looked at the thread title and thought ... ?? Kind of familiar... Sin City? This is about a movie? And then it clicked...

Frank Miller!!

Thanks for sharing. It looks very good!

Man ... I really hope they pull this of.

I am considiering to go to this movie. I rarely go to movies and I haven't read the comic book. I do like the style of how they present the movie however and I am curious how Elijah Wood does in this. The only movies I seen that actor in he was playing characters that were either fighting alien invaders or had a nasty rash due to a ring of some sort.

I am considiering to go to this movie.  I rarely go to movies and I haven't read the comic book.  I do like the style of how they present the movie however and I am curious how Elijah Wood does in this.  The only movies I seen that actor in he was playing characters that were either fighting alien invaders or had a nasty rash due to a ring of some sort.

The character he portrays in this movie is one hell of a nasty and creepy guy. It's goning to be interesting to see how Wood tackles this one..

The trailers look good; that one black cop with the uzi looks badass. Del Toro looks like he does a good job as a low life.

Unfortunately I have never seen a Rodriguez movie that I liked. Depp was the only good part of Once Upon a Time in Mexico...the rest of the movie was boring as hell.

Edit: Might be good though...the music in the background is cool as hell :wub:

Considering checking it out, as well...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Definitely looking forward to seeing this movie... Frank Miller's works in the past have been just pure genius (he "humanized" most of the superheroes we know today and made them popular). The trailer was nice, but a little disappointing as it was just random crumbs and pieces of action...

hmm been checking the internet for the work of Miller .. could someone please post what he's made? that would be great, just to be sure I didn't miss something! I would like to read some of his work before I see the movie! thanks in advance!

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

hmm been checking the internet for the work of Miller .. could someone please post what he's made? that would be great, just to be sure I didn't miss something! I would like to read some of his work before I see the movie! thanks in advance!

- Rosbjerg

Apart from Sin City, among Miller's best known works are the Spiderman, Daredevil, and Batman comics. Miller greatly improved the character of Batman, giving him a darker, deeper backstory and more human qualities. He also created Ronin, an obscure sci-fi story about a samuari who travels to the future (if my memory is correct). Not sure about this, but I think Miller also worked on the RoboCop movies (which I was an avid fan of when I was younger - I watched most of them, believe it or not)...

Hope that helps... ;)

My favorite work of Miller's is 300, the story of the Spartans. Man the comic book kicks ass

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.