New Dr Who looks bloody awful.

Christopher Eccleston's a good actor, I just hope this new series isn't too crappy. The advert isn't very reassuring but Eccleston has said the writer of the show is one of the best in the business so I'll reserve judgement till I see it. Btw you guys know Douglas Adams wrote the screenplay for the Hitchhikers film before he died?

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Christopher Eccleston's a good actor, I just hope this new series isn't too crappy.  The advert isn't very reassuring but Eccleston has said the writer of the show is one of the best in the business so I'll reserve judgement till I see it.  Btw you guys know Douglas Adams wrote the screenplay for the Hitchhikers film before he died?

He is, but not in that role. I was watching where he was explaining about himself and it just made me cringe. Dr Who is all about nostalgia and thats something that the new series dosnt have. Can you really see teens staying in to watch Dr Who on Saturday nights rather than going out and getting rat arsed? (w00t)

I knew Adams was writing it. But I had no idea if it was completed or they completed it from his notes.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Douglas Adams wrote 2 of my favorite Doctor Who episodes ever. The Pirate Planet, the second stop in the Key to Time series, and Shada, which was an unfinished episode but I was able to get a copy of the material that was finished with Tom Baker narrating the unfinished bits. I am expecting some changes. I am expecting the new series to have as much in common with the Original Doctor Who as the new Battlestar Galactica has with the original.

I'm so looking forward to the new Doctor Who, and have been for ages. The wait is killing me.. April 5th seems so far away.

I haven't seen the new show yet; the version leaked isn't the final version, it's a pre-release screener, and I want to see it properly.

The new show is being held in high, high esteem by Dr. Who fans, fans from the very first series through to the last one. The new series is pulling all sorts of stuff from the previous shows, and is being done as a proper Dr. Who, it's not a re-imagining, revamping or remaking at all.

As for Hitchhikers, I'm looking forward to that as well. Initially I had reservations but I'm pretty won over now.

newlogo.gif

yeah along with the new Hitchhiker's guide film! I think they are running out of people to annoy..

douglas adams made changes to every version of HHGTG so it is not impossible that he changed Zaphod's head configuration in the script he wrote which is being used for the movie

I just ran across a funny quote from him ..

"It's important to annoy the fans" (in relations to all the changes from the various versions of the radioplay and the books) ..

so since it's kinda in the spirit of ol' mr. Adams I can forgive them ..

Fortune favors the bald.

i saw an ad for the new doctor who today...it was the first time i ever saw it and instantly i said to my sister ''is this a new Dr. Who or something?'' and i guessed right! i was so chuffed :D

anyway i saw an original doctor who earlier this week because there was nothing else on....i didnt like it at all....i just dont see how they could be afraid of those robotic daleks or w/e they called.

plus the daleks had the MOST ANNOYING VOICES EVER!!!!!

doctor who was before my time so no i will most certainly will not be watching this new series. i would rather watch a seasons worth of the power rangers than watch that crap.

Daleks are not robots. They're the mutated remenants of the Kaled race, grown lovingly in vats by Davros. >_< </nerd mode off>

Isn't Mark Gatiss listed as a writer for this series? Whilst I liked the League of Gentlemen, I hope there are no amputee joke shop owners in this new series.

i saw an ad for the new doctor who today...it was the first time i ever saw it and instantly i said to my sister ''is this a new Dr. Who or something?'' and i guessed right! i was so chuffed :D

anyway i saw an original doctor who earlier this week because there was nothing else on....i didnt like it at all....i just dont see how they could be afraid of those robotic daleks or w/e they called.

plus the daleks had the MOST ANNOYING VOICES EVER!!!!!

doctor who was before my time so no i will most certainly will not be watching this new series. i would rather watch a seasons worth of the power rangers than watch that crap.

Daleks are not robots. They're the mutated remenants of the Kaled race, grown lovingly in vats by Davros. :) </nerd mode off>

Isn't Mark Gatiss listed as a writer for this series? Whilst I liked the League of Gentlemen, I hope there are no amputee joke shop owners in this new series.

thankyou :( i always wondered where they came from and why they are so psychotic.

and yes i saw the leak also. i thought it was good for the british. and i really think they portrayed the london atmosphere quiet well.

i couldnt help but wipe away a tear at the end :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
For anyone living in Canada, Dr.Who airs tonight on the CBC.  Putting your tax dollars to work , baby!!

I saw it and I loved it. :thumbsup: The Doctor himself is fun, and the series looks like it's going to have just the right amount of cheese (dang it, I don't want flawless special effects and realistic stories in Dr. Who).

The new Doctor Who is absolutely brilliant. Eccleston has the role down perfectly (it is a damn shame he only signed for one series) and the writing is excellent. Davies really has managed to tap the old series and mix it with a more modern sensibility.

There is no doubt that it's Doctor Who, it's not re-imagined or any of that, it is the Doctor.

newlogo.gif

I feel sorry for you too Atomic Space Vixen. Canada is a sad, cold place, devoid of color or contrast. Hold on tight with both hands to your Dr. Who. Let it be a light to call the meek home to stare endlessly into the box that distracts them from their toil and drudgery. May god bless you all :'(

:)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh, I'm sorry I have offended you, that was not my intent. I often have trouble speaking with Canadians because I have trouble with the vernacular, .......aye

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh, I'm sorry I have offended you, that was not my intent. I often have trouble speaking with Canadians because I have trouble with the vernacular, .......aye

It's "eh", y'all.

Oh great now I can't get Bob and Doug Mackenzie out of my head, thanks...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

• 2 weeks later...