New Dr Who looks bloody awful.

Saw the preview today and if they ever want that thing to take off they need to kill Billie Piper ASAP, or even replace her with a wooden stump , it probably has more acting ability anyway.

And whoever wrote the dialogue for the advert......

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

yeah along with the new Hitchhiker's guide film! I think they are running out of people to annoy..

The new HHGTG looks great!

Have a link ? First I've heard of it.

Dr. Who is being done by BBC Wales, which just happens to be around where I live.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

call me a cranky **** .. but I don't like the idea of TV version of HHG .. I mean the BBC version was atrocious, so a Hollywood treat could only be classified as blasphemy .. I thought it was great at first too .. but after reading more about it I'm getting a bad feeling about where it's headed!

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm just a HHGTG fanboy .. with a predetermined idea of how things should be! on one level I think it's absolutely fantastic that they make the film, so more people will realize (and hopefully read) this great piece literature! ;)

but on the other hand I had my own images .. and they are no where near what've seen so far .. which makes me sad .. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

I hate how they made Marvin ..  :)

Come on the new Marvin is much better than the TV series version.

oh absolutely no doubt about it!!! *shudders at the thought of BBC-Marvin*

but still .. that little choppy thing?? looks more like a mascot from I.Robot ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm just a HHGTG fanboy .. with a predetermined idea of how things should be! on one level I think it's absolutely fantastic that they make the film, so more people will realize (and hopefully read) this great piece literature!  ;)

but on the other hand I had my own images .. and they are no where near what've seen so far .. which makes me sad ..  :)

Ah I watched the TV show then read the book afterwards so I probably just transfered the images to the book as I read it.

478327[/snapback]

Saw the preview today and if they ever want that thing to take off they need to kill Billie Piper ASAP, or even replace her with a wooden stump , it probably has more acting ability anyway.

And whoever wrote the dialogue for the advert......

Funnily enough, you're the first person I know of - and I know a lot of die hard Doctor Who Fans - who don't like the look of the new program.

The first episode was "leaked" on the internet a couple of weeks back, and I haven't heard anyone say anything too negative about it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Anyone got a link to the Dr Who leak?

It won't be shown on TV in Germany so I'd like to check it out before I fork out for the season one DVD boxed set when it is inevitably released.

yeah along with the new Hitchhiker's guide film! I think they are running out of people to annoy..

The new HHGTG looks great!

Even though it's clearly stated on several occasions that Zaphod Beeblebrox's heads are side-by-side! :shifty:

douglas adams made changes to every version of HHGTG so it is not impossible that he changed Zaphod's head configuration in the script he wrote which is being used for the movie

Dammit.  Hey, save the show as a .WMV file and e-mail it to me, SP.  PLEASE!

I dont think I have the setup to do that. It's highly likely someone will, or that it will even be available on the BBC website. Quite a few programs are like Top Gear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/?ok

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

478327[/snapback]

i saw an ad for the new doctor who today...it was the first time i ever saw it and instantly i said to my sister ''is this a new Dr. Who or something?'' and i guessed right! i was so chuffed :D

anyway i saw an original doctor who earlier this week because there was nothing else on....i didnt like it at all....i just dont see how they could be afraid of those robotic daleks or w/e they called.

plus the daleks had the MOST ANNOYING VOICES EVER!!!!!

doctor who was before my time so no i will most certainly will not be watching this new series. i would rather watch a seasons worth of the power rangers than watch that crap.