FULL DISCLOSURE: Past, Present, and Future

Aegis, since I have no intention of having this go on forever, how about this.

I have already deleted half of my abrasive posts, simply because I do not like the way they reflect on me.

If you delete all of your abrasive posts, I will delete the other half of mine and this topic can go back to normal (post deletion will include this post of course).

That way it'll be like it never happened for the most part. And in the future, if we want to rumble we can create a new thread for it.

Let me know your answer when you see this.

what the hell? no offense, but why do you spam this board with what other people on other boards think of your posts? you're shy? it's an anonymous forum...

btw, it's revan...

REG, no offense, but learn to use a capitol letter.

The post you quoted was one of my original posts. I moved it to this one because people at the old one encouraged me to do so. And now, because you have used a quote that is non-conforming to the question you asked, I am confused by you. Therefor I cannot provide you with any answer. Please ask a clear question with a proper quote and I will give you the answer to the best of my abilities.

And yes. I know it's Revan, because someone pointed it out on the old board after that post. I left it like that of purpose. Because I am lazy.

what the hell? no offense, but why do you spam this board with what other people on other boards think of your posts? you're shy? it's an anonymous forum...

btw, it's revan...

REG, no offense, but learn to use a capitol letter.

The post you quoted was one of my original posts. I moved it to this one because people at the old one encouraged me to do so. And now, because you have used a quote that is non-conforming to the question you asked, I am confused by you. Therefor I cannot provide you with any answer. Please ask a clear question with a proper quote and I will give you the answer to the best of my abilities.

And yes. I know it's Revan, because someone pointed it out on the old board after that post. I left it like that of purpose. Because I am lazy.

well, i quoted a random post, because they all seemed alike to me(praising you...).

again:

"no offense, but why do you spam this board with what other people on other boards think of your posts? "

should be an easy question...

btw, i don't use capital letters. i'm lazy, shoot me...

Well, I can certainly understand the lazy part.

Now. As for the "Spamming". I explained what I was doing in the very first post in this thread. It's purpose. I have also modified all my previous posts so that the only parts containing unneeded information were condensed into a single post label very clearly as a "Thank you post that does not contain any valuable information in it" after some other people complained, and rightly so I suppose.

Perhaps you can take another look back to see if it meets with you requirments now about non-spamming, and then tell me if I was yet again incorrect about what you are talking about.

I would like an answer though, as this discussion has intreaged me a little.

I would say I am really creative.

Especially since I have been fleshing out ideas for...how many...7 games in 3 different game series for possible pitches to game designers.  I can give info on characters and plots because I have this info Date Stamped already. But I won't unles someone asks me for it.

The first series is best described as SquareEnix inspired RPG style, but following the myths of anchient Europe, including Quintessence, and a multi-dimensional universe to explain new chatacters and worlds with different rules of physics to them. I have the broad plot, character designs, combat and magic systems (including a bounty system) planned out for them already. This encompasses 2 games currently, and more when I get the planning for them done.

The second series is a little harder to describe. Imagine that all the occult things we watch in bad movies are real. Image that the goverments and churches know about it. Image the governments made political deals with them. And image that the churches are hunting them. And that the public knows nothing. And also, imagine that there is one man, the 7th generation multiple with a 7 percent chance of exhibiting the powers of an archangel. Imagine that the church's hunting groups found him, raised and trained him. And image that every time he uses his powers he feels an equivalent amount of mental and physical pain, including wounds appearing on his body that coincide with turture methods (used by the church in the inquisition no less). That is the setting I have come up with for three games, each with their own hook. 3rd person fast paced action combat (sword and gun in conjuction) utilizing a combat system that allows fast grappling, using corpses and furniture as mobile shields, puzzle solving, instant power changing to fit different situations, and a penalty system for overusing your powers. (And before anyone says anything, I have never played a Devil May Cry game, so I have no clue if this is anything like one. This idea was influenced more by the Anime Hellsing than anything else, and that only in artistic vision)

The third series is a little wierder (and that is saying something). Image Feudal Era Japan. Now, image that the people who inhabit this place, are all of an alien species. Five or more to be exact, each with their own god/dess that is responsible for their creation. Now image that there is a Pantheon Of Balance that keeps the planes of Heaven, Earth, and Hell in equal power (this of course is not revieled until late third game). Now, imagine that the main character is a hard core Samurai General who's master, the Emporer just died. Masterless, he becomes a Ronin. And as a Ronin, he is flawlessly used in a plan to install the Emporer's son as the new Emporer while killing off all that could defy his NEXT plan. The emergence of the peoples of Hell to settle the world they once lived on before being banished with their god.

--Oh, and by the way, all the weapons and armors are high technology while eveything else is low tech. People still use plows and oxen, but spears unfold out of a cylinder and armor is stored in a light disk hidden under your clothing. And war machines are built into the bodies of giant beasts. I onlt have 2 games mapped out for this series so far. Oh, 3rd person combat adventure with instant weapon swapping for certain situations. Objective based missions with a randomizing element to them. Money and food requirments for surviving (meaning that in order to make ends meet between big jobs, you have to take minor jobs in local towns in exchange for food and board. A little bit of Seven Samurai influence there).

This is the kind of imagination that I have  :D

How old are you????

Heh.

I'm 22. I'm trying to finish collage and get a job before I start making pitches to software companies. Or, if something unprecidented happens and the Never-Gonna-Happen-Chance of someone reading this board thinks that my stuff is good enough, then I would go right for a job.

But basically, I just spent my years observing trends in gaming, listening to what the fans want, what types of games go under for what reasons, and basically create games that would entice me as a gamer. I place a lot of value on my own Gamer-Sense-Tingle when I think up an idea.

I've come up with some good ideas on doing fake info leaks to propaganda sites, exclusive interviews with people who actualy have the trust of the average gamer, and other ideas.

Basically, when I think of what kind of games I want to make, I think of what emotion or concept I would be a driving force behind it.

(Just so you know, I have named all these games but I do not wnt to reviel them here at the moment)

For the first RPG I decided upon 'Family' as the main concept, which leads to a war to join two different worlds together. In this game, both the Main character and the villain are really nice guys. They both want only what is best for the world and a complete family. But they think of both those things in a completely different way. Therefor there is a planet changing conflict between them.

The second RPG I have been developing is based on "Self-Loathing". The Main character was once the strongest man in the world, and still is. But one day he was caught of guard by pure cicumstance and the one thing in his life that made him a good man was lost to him. Suffering from wounds that should be fatal he and others who eventually feel similar losses work to kill the main enemy, not for justice, but for revenge. This concept really strikes my heart, because Ihave already plotted out about a dozen different scenes to show how deep a person can feel the loss of what they cherish most, and how that rings with them forever. But what I am most proud of, is the idea that, in hit dreams, the main character remembers what he had, and then when he wakes up he has to remember all over again that he has lost it forever.

For the monster hunter series I have decided on the emotions of Lonelyness, Responsibility, and Doubt, in that order.

Lonelyness, because he lost his only friend because of a mistake he made early on. As in, bloodily lost. He then closed himself off to keep it from happening again. But the night his friend died, he met 'the one' girl. True love found while he weeps on a bar stool with an untouched bottle of vodka in his hands. The rest of the game deals with Judgement Day, but more over with his coming to terms with himself and letting the woman he loves into his heart.

Responsibility, because he exists. When he has a terrible dream that he was the center piece of a cultist ritual to consume the blood of an angel and gain the powers of god through drinking it in a special form he wakes up with the ritual wounds on his body and the loss of almost all his powers. Content to live a normal, non-death immenent life with the woman he loves, he tries to retire. But his sense of guilt and personal responsibilty for the disaster being perpetrated by those who stole his power drives him to duty once again. In the end, he finds that it really is his role in life to protect, instead of to wish for peace.

Doubt, because he is not the only one. In the bible it says that angels mated with mankind and their offspring were special. Many people have the blood of the angels in them, and another one has the awakened power. But the pain associated with a power greater than he can shoulder has diven him to try and find an escape while preserving his life. If that can happen to one like him, would it happen to the main character? Has it already happened because he understand exactly what the second powerful being feels as he searches to escape a life of agony?

And as for the Alien Samurai first, The Journey. His lord whome he loved more than his own life is dead. Killed. As much as he would like to die beside him, he cannot. As long as the killer is out there, he must search for him. His master must be avenged. It is not emotion that drives him, but truth. And end to the lie of assassination by disclosure of identitiy and finally, execution. But what happens when he finds the one responsible at the end of his Journey, and is not ready for the Truth he finds?

Second Alien Samurai, Weariness. Much to his dismay the samurai still lives, and for some reason he cannot allow himself to die. He has not atoned to himself, but he holds no ambition anymore. One day he is ambushed, cut with a knife that should not exist. A knife that twists what it touches until it is no more. In desperation the samurai throws away his warping flesh, certain of the death to come from such an injury. But for some reason he cannot comprehend he is still struggling to live. Why does he feel the need to continue? Why was he targeted by what should not exist? And why is he being mocked by an old man from the shadows, that are just barely within his hearing? But more importantly, why does he want these answers when he had no desire to live? But against his desires, he is pushed forward, by something inside himself.

And yeah. Those are the ones that I have thought of so far. As a great game maker once said (not verbatum), "When you make a game, you must have already created the game that continues it."

I have taken that philosophy to heart. That is why I have not fleshed out a fourth game series, because in order for it to be a full series I need to have a greater knowledge of tradgedies that occured during the Cold War era. But hey, one day that project might go gold.

Heh heh. I just realized I wrote a few pages on something that is completely unconnected to Star Wars. Sorry ^_^

heh heh heh. No. My mind is already far too bazaar for me to try and alter it with 'experimentation'. I'm just trying to live my life by a rule I set for myself when I was a kid.

"Never grow up, no matter how old you get"

As long as you retain the childlike outlook of wonder at the world, you can do anything and still be responsible. I've been happy with it. I think other people would be too. It also helps if, after buying something that is not required to continue living, by saying, "I got a new toy, YAY!"

I convinced my mother to do that and she admits that it is a lot more fun when you say it.

I cant deal with this. Hes creative because he GOT the story that Obsidian put together? All he did was summarize the whole thing. Sure he fleshed out some of the details with his own conjecture but....jesus its not rocket science what happened and how....

And your ideas from games seem pretty derivative to me. The whole "monsters are real conspiracy" has been beat to death im afraid. Rent Wicked City for a prime example of the senario you described with monsters, dimensions, consipiracies and goverment negotiations and such.

I mean...yeah you are "creative" but....ive never seen so much back patting in one thread in my life. In your defense, there are only so many ways to skin a cat, but i wouldnt say that you are sitting on that "omg its so crazy and so obvious" idea or anything....

Hah. If you think you've somehow "won", then go ahed. I'm the fool? You're the one who can't even respond with proper arguments. The prophetic and condescending style might've worked for Nietzsche, but at least he had something original and mildly interesting to say (not to mention that he did take a lot of heat for it). It's not the only parallel to Nietzsche I can see in your post, but then again, Nietzsche couldn't really argue either.

I can also say, with certainty that Reven has a gift for foce bonds as well. Maybe not a strong one, but he has the ability to forge them. The bond that was formed between him and Bastila is proof of this. Even "Mostly Dead" Reven was able to make a bond that carried the potential to be exploited in the future. Depending on what path you chose, it either did get exploited or it was utilized for a more noble purpose.

We know for sure that he was taught force bonds, at least from Kreia. But for me, Revan used far less it than the Exile, since HK-47 says something like the Exile was pityful to Revan because Revan saw the gift of force bond as a weakness. (at least during a war).

To comment on the entire speculations you give. I may agree or not to the points, you are welcome to give it to us. It's interesting. But the comments from the other of GameFAQs, well, since we don't know them, well, let people from here comment for themselves or you can at least summarize the comments and cite the people who made it.

wouldn't it be easier if you just write these things in a resume and pass it to obsidian rather than posting it right here... it is more like materials for nwn 2 than kotor. or perhaps you should write a book, there are many sites that offer to publish books from independent writers, very much the same as aimo(one of the posters here) rather than waiting for chance to send offers to you...

One thing about your Revan bond thing. He didn't necessarily do this. Only the Exile formed such bonds willy-nilly, so he could have been like a power hook up. If Revan gave him an order, then EVERYBODY would follow it...

Only the Exile was affected by the gong. Only he felt the deaths like that, so ripped himself from the Force, before the Darkness could even reach him.

Other Force Sensitives felt it, but not at the same rate. And only Force Sensitives could have been hit by the energy. And even then, it would only affect their alignment strongly if they knew about their Sensitivity. Look at Bao...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

And now, I will begin sharing my insights and thoughts on the Staw Wars KOTOR universe.

(!)

"Up until now I'd thought the Jedi were the most pompous, annoying gasbags in creation," Thrackan said. "But that was before I met you. You take the prize for the most preposterous, selfimportant, prolix fiasco I have ever seen. And on top of that-" He stared at close range into Pwoe's indignant eyes. "On top of that, sir, you are a fish! So sit down and shut up, before I take a harpoon to you!"

I generally found Walter John Williams' Star Wars books to be so-so, but I thought at least that one scene was, if nothing else, pretty damn hilarious.

You want something that messes with the Star Wars universe? Watch Episode 1.

I still haven't forgiven that *^$#er for thinking up Medechlorians. And Jar-Jar. And for having huge battle scenes with no non-cgi items in it.

Lucas lost everything that made the originals so great. So why are you being a stickler to 'Cannon' when Lucas is promoting 80 games a year about the Star Wars universe?

Go play the SW MMO to talk about that crap. Oh. Wait. According to Lucas there are 3 more movies that take place AFTER episode 6 so the MMO isn't cannon! You can't play it!

Take that rod outta your hole, break it in half, and shove the blunt ends into your ears! That way you'll never have to hear anything you don't like ever again!

;)

I'm sure the fine people at GameFAQs will agree with you. I know I find your ideas most intriguing and amazingly original - heck, your every word flows from the screen with such sureness, natural charisma and elevated style, one literally experiences your weeks of numbing agony all over again and can neither miss the elegant tribute to your Sicilian father nor the heartfelt gratitude of the poor souls you heroically saved in unnummerable fistfights radiating from your posts.

It is a triumph, this topic and full disclosure; and I pray that when the inevitable day comes where LucasArts lies crippled at your own software firm's victorious . . . feet, and the likes of Kevin J. Anderson, Terry Goodkind or Robert Jordan have at long last accepted your effortless superiority at producing written words - that then, I will be there, telling my children of the grand day I chanced across your brilliant revelations and how everything was finally put into perspective. The eye-watering tale of how I had been granted a glace at a greater world that day, a better way to live life, and how I had, even from the very first instant on, instinctively known that I myself would never be able to rise to such marvellous heights or achieve a comparable perfection and that I was instead doomed to spend my entire life trying.

Oh yes, it shall be magnicifent indeed.

Heh heh. I just realized I wrote a few pages on something that is completely unconnected to Star Wars.

Ah, but I'm sure the fine people at GameFAQs will forgive me my sins.

It is a triumph, this topic and full disclosure; and I pray that when the inevitable day comes where LucasArts lies crippled at your own software firm's victorious . . . feet, and the likes of Kevin J. Anderson, Terry Goodkind or Robert Jordan have at long last accepted your effortless superiority at producing written words - that then, I will be there, telling my children of the grand day I chanced across your brilliant revelations and how everything was finally put into perspective. The eye-watering tale of how I had been granted a glace at a greater world that day, a better way to live life, and how I had, even from the very first instant on, instinctively known that I myself would never be able to rise to such marvellous heights or achieve a comparable perfection and that I was instead doomed to spend my entire life trying.

Oh yes, it shall be magnicifent indeed.

This is one of the funniest damn things I have ever read.

Well, I can certainly understand the lazy part.

Now. As for the "Spamming". I explained what I was doing in the very first post in this thread. It's purpose. I have also modified all my previous posts so that the only parts containing unneeded information were condensed into a single post label very clearly as a "Thank you post that does not contain any valuable information in it" after some other people complained, and rightly so I suppose.

Perhaps you can take another look back to see if it meets with you requirments now about non-spamming, and then tell me if I was yet again incorrect about what you are talking about.

I would like an answer though, as this discussion has intreaged me a little.

better, but why do you post comments like this:

"Originally posted by Fyrewind on GameFAQs KOTOR 2 PC forum:

Awesome analisys there. Only thing is the Kreia bit which was already mentioned. You really knit the games together, giving them linear cohesion and making KOTOR2 an actual sequel, not just a follow-up. Now, I only have one question...: WHY AREN'T YOU WRITING FOR LA/Obisidian/Whoever's making KOTOR3?"

what's the point?

just post your theories and we'll give you feedback. if they're any good, we'll tell you.

Wow. Lot of trolls today. I would answer you guys but I have to get ready to leave town to visit my parents.

But then again most of you are too pathetic for my notice. Like the buzzing of a fly caught in a spiders web. Just making noise in the vain attempt that someone will hear you and a miracle will occur. I might have some time left this evening though. So please entertain yourselves until then.

Wow. Lot of trolls today. I would answer you guys but I have to get ready to leave town to visit my parents.

But then again most of you are too pathetic for my notice. Like the buzzing of a fly caught in a spiders web. Just making noise in the vain attempt that someone will hear you and a miracle will occur. I might have some time left this evening though. So please entertain yourselves until then.

Wow. You just lost all credibility with this post.

Wow. You just lost all credibility with this post.

I second that. <_<

I dont like to pass judgement on the behaviour of other people.

I find that studying my own behaviour and trying to root out my own flaws is

much more constructive.

Still...to put it in Master Yodas words...

"Much arrogance i sence in you"

And thats what I think about you right now... sorry.

Still its only my opinion and maybe im wrong.

Oi... I feel filthy having posted my opinions in the god forsaken thread.

There are proper codes of conduct anywhere you go. I doubt any of you have trouble abiding by them in the real world, why do you all insist on polluting internet forums?