FULL DISCLOSURE: Past, Present, and Future

Oh....i guess that meant PLAY PS:T then. I should have guessed that. I havent actually, but ive read (here) that its pretty kick ass and that TSL has a lot of similarities to PS:T. I assume that iti has some kind of dual identity, fighting yourself thing in it?

How old is that game anyway? I tried to go play Baldurs gate after playing NWN, but i just couldnt deal with the interface for some reason. Is torment like that?

It's old. The interface most people think is worse than BG/IWD et al. It's actually similiar to NwN though so you might like it. It's a radial click to get it on screen job.

Not a personal fave of mine (actually I loathe it). I'm not a huge fan of anmesiac protagonists as a plot device. But it's very well written by the same guy who wrote KOTORII.

Well it would be a shame to spoil it if you did want to check it out. But it's something like yes. It was the first thing I though of when I saw Nihilus , I just sort of groaned and said "not again" luckily it was unfounded :D

If you do play it you will probably recognise a few characters or their concepts at least.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Christ...

You post a bunch of posts that essentially add nothing. You post comments along the lines of "I didn't think people would like it, but they did". All of these are completely irrelevant for anyone reading it. And you do it because you like being appreciated. How is that not narcissistic? Seriously, I'm not sure how much closer you can get.

Of course people like being appreciated, who doesn't? The point is that I don't need to hear about it. If people like it, fine. Do you feel more appreciated because you repost positive comments elsewhere? If you do, that's pretty sad, to be honest.

Just post the theory, spare me the reviews and the biography. If it's good, you'll receive positive comments. Trying to convince me it's good because others thought so is just silly, though.

So i gotta ask. Whats the point of going to such extremes of posting heartfelt thank you's to everyone who said "hey, what you wrote didnt suck. Keep up the good work!" HERE when none of them will see it?

Aegis might be being a tad harsh about it, but its definetly a little bit of a stroke your ego thing by posting "the history of my idea" here for us. It breaks it up and makes it harder to follow, and it wasnt always clear what you were saying as narrative, what they were saying and what you were saying in response and really just detracts from the whole thing. And why do we need to know that you were sick and didnt respond right away? There are no time stamps on the whole thing.

Its all just wierd as i said. Im not really interested in flaming you though, just kind of pointing out that when you post that way, it comes off a little condescending and...wierd. And is a big distraction from what is essentially, a summarization essay.

For the record though, it was a good summary and probably will be helpful to some people to really understand things.

PS: "This is the only time I say this. And I consider it fair warning. " Or what??? You are going to write mean things? You arent a board mod. What could you possibly do to anyone who said bad things about people who praise you? Why not just be the bigger man and say nothing?

So i gotta ask. Whats the point of going to such extremes of posting heartfelt thank you's to everyone who said "hey, what you wrote didnt suck. Keep up the good work!" HERE when none of them will see it?

Give me some credit! I left a link on GameFaqs for people to follow. I also told them to check for my gratitude.

Also, after I figured out that I was going to be throwing a bunch of stuff in here that doesn't really matter at all I decided to make it Orange. Color coding the part that is not needed gives people the ability to see, and skip it if they want.

As for why I put it in in the first place. I was bored. And whenever I write something it is always stream of conscousness and by the seat of my pants. Sure I'll revise it later if I have the mood to do so, but for the most part I write what I do on a whim based on the emotional flow that is running through me at the moment I am writing. And when I reread what I wrote before, some of the memories resurfaced so I just ran with them.

Like I said before. I'm wierd.

NOTE: I have now edited my previous entries to try and make them easier to read. And this entry itself has been modifies to reflect my efforts as well, while preserving the fact that I did a goofy job of my first attempt.

I did the biography thing because I was getting bored. Thats the only purpose to it. Except for the profoundly heartfelt 'thank you' things. I also thought that a couple of them were pretty funny. I know I laughed when I was writing them.

Yes, I can see how amusing your explanations about why you haven't posted sooner, the constant pain you live with or stuff that you mention in the next post would be, making this whole thread a barrel of laughs.

But please, do point out the jokes in the irrelevant part of all this. I must've missed them. Also, again, explain to me why I'm wrong when I say that it is, in fact, completely irrelevant.

I guess I wan wrong to think you were being serious, because now it is evident that you are being childish, belligerent, and down right mean for no reason at all.

I pointed out that a lot of the stuff you wrote was completely irrelevant, and not at all "in context" as you claimed. The worst thing I could've said in the first post was "seemingly narcissistic". And what do you do? You go get your holier than thou attitude going, and that's pretty bloody arrogant.

Oh, and I suppose you're the epitome of mature behavior with such inspired comments as "You are one stone cold b*&^%-a%$ punk".

Now, how about you actually respond to what I say instead of trying to convince yourself that you don't have to provide arguments and still be right.

You know Aegis, out of that whole thing, all I really feel the need to respond to (because it is simply not worth the time to write anything down about your other arguements, since I have answered them several times over already) is this.

Oh, and I suppose you're the epitome of mature behavior with such inspired comments as "You are one stone cold b*&^%-a%$ punk".

I included that because I felt it was an accurate description of you and your attitude. I decided to use a mature term because the words "a wah-wah-cwy-bwaby-snoty-snot-snot-snot-doody-head" would have been a little juvenial, and thus, mean. Thats not to say it is not an accurate term to use, but I didn't want to take the risk of offending you. Thats why I would never dream of calling you that.

And BTW, you try living in constant, mind numbing, body ripping pain for two weeks. It'll seem like a big deal to you as well, I'm fairly certain.

kunai,

Your post makes for a very interesting theroy. Very nice and well thought out somthing thats missing in these days.  Please post more!!

Thank you JMR. I will do so. I still have at least 3 subjects to cover on my own, but most of their content is pure conjecture. As such I will have to be careful about how I present my ideas and arguements. It will take a little time and a clear head to do that. And as of right now I have neither.

I hope to experience yours and everyone elses patience in this.

Domo Arigatou Gosaimashtah

(because it is simply not worth the time to write anything down about your other arguements, since I have answered them several times over already)

Actually, you haven't.

You haven't explained why repeated quotes basically going "good job" is necessary for you to thank someone (here's a tip on how you can do it: add "Thank you" at the end of your post).

You haven't explained why using these completely unnecessary quotes is not narcissistic, when it can only serve three possible purposes as far as I can see: a) you feel better for re-reading positive comments, b) you like to brag, or c) you try to influence others by trying to make others opinions into an argument (a type of argument that is discarded in both logic and philosophy, I might add).

You haven't explained why you need to specifically add stuff about you and this whole process that is also completely irrelevant to the theory and serve no other purpose than promoting yourself.

And BTW, you try living in constant, mind numbing, body ripping pain for two weeks. It'll seem like a big deal to you as well, I'm fairly certain.

Perhaps, but I doubt I'd post it in a public forum, and certainly not in a thread that is supposed to be about something completely unrelated. If I wanted to read about medical issues, I'm sure there are forums about that too.

Oh, and do get of your high horse already. You may think you're better and smarter than me, but guess what? That's not a substitute for an argument, and it certainly doesn't make you right.

Actually, you haven't.

You haven't explained why repeated quotes basically going "good job" is necessary for you to thank someone (here's a tip on how you can do it: add "Thank you" at the end of your post).

Okay. The reason why I included all the posts? I wanted to thank everyone by name on a more, 'one on one' basis. I can't help but feel that that kind of gesture is more heart warming than just saying "Thank you".

And as for your possible reasons for my rereading them, you missed a fourth possible reason.

Why do people looking at pictures of family vacations, or read love letters, or listen to songs they heard when the were happy? Because there are good memories and pleasant feelings associated with them. I reread them while I was reposting them because they give me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside myself, akin to that of the remembrance of affection from either a loved one or a stranger.

And thats all I have for an explanation right now Aegis.

But I'm certain your going to try and twist my words and intentions once again. After all, your the kind of person who has to cling to their self respect in such a way that ever experiencing any kind of arguementative defeat is devastating. That is why I am 100% confident that you are going to respond to this post with something like "HAHAHA! That is so self serving!", or possibly by calling me a lame-o or some such.

I will be anxiously awaiting your response (but not really).

wow... I've seen a lot of long post but not this long.

about your arguement, have you tried to read some of the threads here? People here have a nasty habit of discussing the most trivial of things and trust me when I say your theories will certainly be put to test here..

*ducks before the big guns start popping

wow... I've seen a lot of long post but not this long.

about your arguement, have you tried to read some of the threads here? People here have a nasty habit of discussing the most trivial of things and trust me when I say your theories will certainly be put to test here..

*ducks before the big guns start popping

Really?

A gleefull grin crosses the face of the Kunai

Then I think I'll like it here. Very much.

In fact, to quote MST 3K "I LIKE IT VERY MUCH".

Okay. The reason why I included all the posts? I wanted to thank everyone by name on a more, 'one on one' basis. I can't help but feel that that kind of gesture is more heart warming than just saying "Thank you".

So tell them that in the forum they posted instead of a completely different forum where no one knows who they are. If you really have to, post their names only. Quoting their entire post will, as previously stated, add nothing that far less information couldn't have.

Why do people looking at pictures of family vacations, or read love letters, or listen to songs they heard when the were happy? Because there are good memories and pleasant feelings associated with them. I reread them while I was reposting them because they give me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside myself, akin to that of the remembrance of affection from either a loved one or a stranger.

Do you tend to post pictures and love letters in public too? You can save the posts in a text file and read them again if it makes you feel better. For everyone else, it's just distracting.

And again, the holier than thou attitude is really getting old. Why do you think I'm being hostile, exactly? Perhaps you should take a look at your own behavior instead of trying to perform an uneducated psychoanalysis.

I said I lost interest in it because of a) wild assumptions, and b) your added amount of irrelevant information. You think the fact that I said "seemingly" was coincidental? I gave you a chance to explain why you did it. Did you? No. Instead, you go defensive. I'm apparently insulting and "making fun of you", and for some reason you get the idea that I'm saying the people who agree with you are wrong. And that "And I consider it fair warning" comment at the end; really nice touch there. That really did it for me.

And then, I explain again why I think it's irrelevant and why it looks narcissistic. And again, I say that the only thing of interest is the theory itself and the rest is just in the way. A bit aggressive, I admit, but I do tend to be a bit annoyed when people completely disregard what I say and on top of that claim that I said something else.

You're not an innocent victim here, regardless of what you might believe.

Yeah, I'm pretty ashamed of this thread as well. But in my defense I plan on deleting all the useless posts I have made in the process of serving it to Aegis. But anywho.

:( No, you won't. You are far to fond of your own words to delete a single one of them, regardless of how irrelevant they might be.

Although I agree with Aegis (whose "attacks" where more than fair, by the way, and didn't deserve such a hot-tempered defense on your part), I think I will stay out of this one.

That is because this is clearly a monologue thread, not a discussion.

And yet Aegis still posts. :-

Well, guys, I think we need to get back to discussion of the Exile and whatnot before I call my moddies on you! :p

I know, this was a total waste of a post, wasn't it...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

*peeks out of "THE HOLE"*

If we're discussing KOTOR as a whole might as well post this here. After visiting another forum on Kotor II, this one more on fanfic, I noticed that someone post an idea that Revan tried to kill the Exile by sending the exile to Malachor V. anyways I wanted to collect ideas from you guys about this point.

*ducks back to "THE HOLE"*

So tell them that in the forum they posted instead of a completely different forum where no one knows who they are. If you really have to, post their names only. Quoting their entire post will, as previously stated, add nothing that far less information couldn't have.

I have already edited my posts and condensed all my "thank you"s to a single post. Which will make it far easier for people to either read them, or if they don't wish to see them, skip them entirely. Even though you never suggested anything like that during you "tantrums" you were still the one that convinced me it was a good idea.

Also I removed the "Biography stuff". As it usually turns out, writing something in public just because you are bored is not a good idea at all. So, after comments from multiple people, I understood and removed them.

Sugi, sugi.

Do you tend to post pictures and love letters in public too? You can save the posts in a text file and read them again if it makes you feel better. For everyone else, it's just distracting.

If I felt like posting them in public I would. But thats not really relevent. I was just describing the feeling I got from them. I felt that it was only fair for me to thank them in public because they encouraged me in public. And thanking them infront of stangers as well as people who are familiar with them is a great jesture. It that a wrong thought?

Sugi, sugi.

And again, the holier than thou attitude is really getting old. Why do you think I'm being hostile, exactly? Perhaps you should take a look at your own behavior instead of trying to perform an uneducated psychoanalysis.

Obviously you don't understand why I was acting that way. I did it because I knew it would make you angry. And it would keep you posting. So I could continue to mock you in this thread. And it worked.

Don't hate the playah, hate the game.

Sugi, sugi.

And that "And I consider it fair warning" comment at the end; really nice touch there. That really did it for me.

Yeah. That was not very mature of me. But I have always been highly protective of others who are not there (or capable of) standing up for themselves. I've actually started fist fights over that. But most of the time I force the people to act like civilized folk instead.

I'm already removing that, because I am ashamed of what I wrote.

Sugi, sugi.

And then, I explain again why I think it's irrelevant and why it looks narcissistic. And again, I say that the only thing of interest is the theory itself and the rest is just in the way. A bit aggressive, I admit, but I do tend to be a bit annoyed when people completely disregard what I say and on top of that claim that I said something else.

Well, as a child of a Sicilian father I have been taught to meet aggression with aggression. If you had not had that bit of bite in that post, things would have gone a lot smoother. But that is just as much my fault as it is yours. Probably even more so.

Sugi, sugi.

You're not an innocent victim here, regardless of what you might believe.

Did I ever say I was? Nope. As a matter of fact, like I said earlier, I was goading you into making a fool of yourself. And now I am satisfied.

I always win flame wars, because I always know how to manipulate the other person.

To quote Brent Sienna of PvP, "You got Ninjaed" :-

Have a good night's rest Aegis!

I would say I am really creative.

Especially since I have been fleshing out ideas for...how many...7 games in 3 different game series for possible pitches to game designers. I can give info on characters and plots because I have this info Date Stamped already. But I won't unles someone asks me for it.

The first series is best described as SquareEnix inspired RPG style, but following the myths of anchient Europe, including Quintessence, and a multi-dimensional universe to explain new chatacters and worlds with different rules of physics to them. I have the broad plot, character designs, combat and magic systems (including a bounty system) planned out for them already. This encompasses 2 games currently, and more when I get the planning for them done.

The second series is a little harder to describe. Imagine that all the occult things we watch in bad movies are real. Image that the goverments and churches know about it. Image the governments made political deals with them. And image that the churches are hunting them. And that the public knows nothing. And also, imagine that there is one man, the 7th generation multiple with a 7 percent chance of exhibiting the powers of an archangel. Imagine that the church's hunting groups found him, raised and trained him. And image that every time he uses his powers he feels an equivalent amount of mental and physical pain, including wounds appearing on his body that coincide with turture methods (used by the church in the inquisition no less). That is the setting I have come up with for three games, each with their own hook. 3rd person fast paced action combat (sword and gun in conjuction) utilizing a combat system that allows fast grappling, using corpses and furniture as mobile shields, puzzle solving, instant power changing to fit different situations, and a penalty system for overusing your powers. (And before anyone says anything, I have never played a Devil May Cry game, so I have no clue if this is anything like one. This idea was influenced more by the Anime Hellsing than anything else, and that only in artistic vision)

The third series is a little wierder (and that is saying something). Image Feudal Era Japan. Now, image that the people who inhabit this place, are all of an alien species. Five or more to be exact, each with their own god/dess that is responsible for their creation. Now image that there is a Pantheon Of Balance that keeps the planes of Heaven, Earth, and Hell in equal power (this of course is not revieled until late third game). Now, imagine that the main character is a hard core Samurai General who's master, the Emporer just died. Masterless, he becomes a Ronin. And as a Ronin, he is flawlessly used in a plan to install the Emporer's son as the new Emporer while killing off all that could defy his NEXT plan. The emergence of the peoples of Hell to settle the world they once lived on before being banished with their god.

--Oh, and by the way, all the weapons and armors are high technology while eveything else is low tech. People still use plows and oxen, but spears unfold out of a cylinder and armor is stored in a light disk hidden under your clothing. And war machines are built into the bodies of giant beasts. I onlt have 2 games mapped out for this series so far. Oh, 3rd person combat adventure with instant weapon swapping for certain situations. Objective based missions with a randomizing element to them. Money and food requirments for surviving (meaning that in order to make ends meet between big jobs, you have to take minor jobs in local towns in exchange for food and board. A little bit of Seven Samurai influence there).

This is the kind of imagination that I have :D

Originally posted by Kunai_W_O_Chain on GameFAQs KOTOR 2 PC forum:

AND NOW, Reven's plan.

Reven used the violence, strong emotions, bonding of war buddies, and survival instincts that were created by the war to make a web of Force Bonds that stretched the entire length of the Republic's military might. He created a series of wins and losses, some losses on purpose I suspect, in order for the final battle, the most violent and decicive battle, to happen at Malachor V. When the fleet had been collected, when it seemed that if the Weapon of Last Resort was needed, THAT was when the fleet fell to the dark side. Malachor V is a focus/amplifier of the Dark Side. When so many people died in an instant within it's gravitational field, it collected and rebounded that death energy, like sound coming from a struck gong.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

Everyone within "hearing" range got struck with that energy. It flowed into and through everyone that was there. It flowed into them and passed along through their force bonds with each other. An entire network of force bonds radiated dark energies in the flow of a minute. Those who felt that flow were infected with the dark side, especially the Jedi. Of the regular people who did not become 'infected' by the dark side, almost all of them were horrified or completely dissilusioned by what had happened. They lost their will to fight because of the spiritual scars suffered at the moment that 'Gong' resounded. That is why the Exile, Bao-Dur, Brianna the Handmaiden's father and others lost the will to fight and began looking for ways to come to terms with the horror they had seen AND felt that day.

At that moment, almost every member of the anti-Mandalorian military group either became his dark subjects, or became pacifists. Truely a win-win situation.

That is how Reven used Force Bonds to make an armada.

what the hell? no offense, but why do you spam this board with what other people on other boards think of your posts? you're shy? it's an anonymous forum...

btw, it's revan...