FULL DISCLOSURE: Past, Present, and Future

You need to know what part?

This game is many things but one thing I am sure its not, being Star Wars.

KotOR messed with EU continuity, TSL also messed up with EU continuity but not feeling happy about it also messes up with KotOR.

The fact you dont know why GameFAQs Star Wars forum users would eat you alive if you posted that simply shows you dont visit that forum, they are (rightly) much anti-KotOR due to all the KotOR that sprung up during release.

And I would join then, I dislike TSL story and the crack pot revisions it done to KotOR game and Star Wars universe ... I just hope KotOR III gets released soon and end this series so it finaly dies.

drakron.png

Try to post that in GameFAQs Star Wars forum and you be eaten alive.

And I would be joing for dinner ...

Heh... heh heh. You miss the "Originally posted on GameFaqs" above every post?

Or were you being ironic?

To Kunai:

I agree with most of what you have down so far, and I realize you aren't done yet. However, being a fan of Kreia, I don't think you have her down right at all.

Well, what was her true aim?

1. First she leaves the Jedi order because they cannot offer all of the answers. She seeks knowledge.

2. She, along with Nihlus and Sion learns the ancient Sith ways. She seeks knowledge.

3. The master of betrayal is betrayed and stripped of the force. Plans are revised. You lived without the force, as she is forced to do now, and she wants to know how you did it, and why. She seeks knowledge.

4. She finds the Exile, she studies him and teaches him. She realizes that Sion and Nihlus could not live without the force anymore than we cannot live without oxygen. In their strength is inherent weakness. Upon study, all force users have this weakness, as the force is a crutch. All, that is, save the Exile. She seeks to forge the perfect warrior. She seeks knowledge.

5. She helps the Exile revisit and defeat all of his ghosts. The Council, Dxun, Atris, Malachor V. One's future cannot be free until he is free of his past. These ghosts had to be faced in order to give the Exile true power, the power of choice. She finds an answer for why the Exile stripped himself of the force, and how he lived, her search for knowledge has ended. The Exile has faced all of his ghosts, only in doing so he created one more, Kreia. She seeks to forge the perfect warrior.

6. Kreia allows the Exile to confront her and kill the last thing that controlled him. Her goals are complete.

One should not take 'the death of the force' literally. If we are all free to make our own decisions then, in essence, the force has died. That is what Kreia sought, and accomplished.

What was her aim, then? At first she sought knowledge, and as she gained it her goals transformed into creating someone who was truly powerful, and truly free.

Vengeance, the Force, Scion, Nihlus, Jedi Council... They don't matter. All she ever wanted was knowledge, and to make the Exile free of destiny.

And I would join then, I dislike TSL story and the crack pot revisions it done to KotOR game and Star Wars universe ... I just hope KotOR III gets released soon and end this series so it finaly dies.

I bet you just love SW lego :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Originally posted by lady beth on GameFAQs KOTOR 2 PC forum:

Kunai

1) I would also like to thank you for this topic. I don't at all agree with the negative comments made earlier - they seem pointless. It's not like the story line is crystal clear or uninteresting.

2) I have a question, please. On what did Kreia base her idea that the exile could put an end to the force and why did her plan fail? Wouldn't the exile's reconnection to the force heal the wound made by her cutting herself off from the force (my exile is female).

3) Could you speculate a bit on what happens next, galactically. For example - without Malakor and many of the sith, the teachings of the Jedi were able to spread from the exile and her followers up until the clone wars where again there were many Jedi.

To Helton:

WHOA! DAMN! That is some dang fine writing! Just so you know, I am a big fan of Kreia as well. She was able to pull the strings of an entire section of the Galaxy and no one even knew it. The ultimate Consular. I just hope future consulars are as good, because every game needs at least one puppet.

BUT! Even though I agree with most what is writen, like the training, the confrontation of ghosts, and especially the repetition of "Making the ultimate warrior" thing, she was not able to free him from destiny and had no intention of doing so.

She knew it was his destiny to return to Malachor V.

She knew it was his destiny to triumph.

And she knew it was his destiny to follow after Revan.

Kreia was training him, yes, to be the ultimate warior. But not to free him. If she knows anything about the force, it's that everyone has a destiny. She just gave him a choice in how to go about fulfilling it.

And By The Way:

Dino-Bot was the coolest one in that show. Anyone who has a death scene that lasts an entire episode and ends with a complete and utter stand alone triumph against superior foes AND numbers? Unbeatable. Unforgetable.

To Drakron:

You want something that messes with the Star Wars universe? Watch Episode 1.

I still haven't forgiven that *^$#er for thinking up Medechlorians. And Jar-Jar. And for having huge battle scenes with no non-cgi items in it.

Lucas lost everything that made the originals so great. So why are you being a stickler to 'Cannon' when Lucas is promoting 80 games a year about the Star Wars universe?

Go play the SW MMO to talk about that crap. Oh. Wait. According to Lucas there are 3 more movies that take place AFTER episode 6 so the MMO isn't cannon! You can't play it!

Take that rod outta your hole, break it in half, and shove the blunt ends into your ears! That way you'll never have to hear anything you don't like ever again!

A word of advice. If you want to flame me, put some actual thought into what you write. Otherwise, it's open season.

This is the most recent thesis I have writen on the GF boards, in response to lady beth. Please enjoy

Originally posted by Kunai_W_O_Chain on GameFAQs KOTOR 2 PC forum:

Thank you Lady Beth. I am heartfully grateful to any and all support from people. When someone complements me I get fired up to continue working. And when someone asks quality questions like yours I get fired up as well. In that spirit, I will answer both of your questions.

First, the Exile being the end of the Force. Believe it or not, but if the Exile goes down the Dark Side of the Force, when s/he defeats one of the Jedi Masters, th Exile 'consumes' their existence in exactly the same way as Nihilus does. We see evidence of this in the fact that when you kill a Jedi Master you Gain Force Points. What other reason could there be for an event that only occurs when the Exile has some awakening of talent or a sudden boost to hit abilities. When you fight a Jedi Master, you are doing neither Training nor Awakening, but when you KILL them. Boom. Force influx. That is why the Exile is a potential "End to the Force" because just like Nihilus, s/he is capable of consuming the entire universe.

As for the second question, I will explain that in the Jedi Masters thesis that will be posted very soon. I'm starting work on it now.

Note: I'm doing this to optimize the amount of space I will have for the Jedi Masters thing.

Originally posted by Kunai_W_O_Chain on GameFAQs KOTOR 2 PC forum:

Jedi Masters: Everything You Wanted To Know About The Order But Were Afraid To Ask

My first point I want to make, is that Master Vash was the lucky one out of the four slain Jedi Masters (the Ice Queen of Telos doesn't count since she can live or die). And in this point, I couldn't be happier.

Master Vash was the only one in the sentencing chamber that regretted the sentence placed on the Exile. She was the only one who showed the compassion, caring, and insight into their own - as well as the Exile's - behavior. That makes me think that the vote for the sentence was not unanimous that day. By and far, she is the Jedi Master that I like the most. That is why I am glad she died a violent death instead of being Force Drained like the others (if Dark, you drain them, if Light, Kreia drains them).

Evidence of Vash dying violently is the fact that when you find her body, there is blood on the ground. So it was caused by either a blaster, blade, or lightsaber (Episode Four: The Cantina, the hand on the ground has the stains of blood near it) that caused the fatal wound. We can also be certain that Nihilus did not kill her because the death occured just before you arrived in the Academy. We know this because there is no decomposition, and Nihilus is notwhere near at the time. That means that Sion tortured and killed her when she had served as bait.

Believe it or not, she is STILL the lucky one.

Because Vash was not Force Drained, she became one with the Force upon her death. Sure, it was in a Qwi-Gon left-behind-corpse way, but she still became one with the force. The only problem with that I can see is that it happened on Korriban. I suspect that there is a chance to see Vash in Part 3, either as a redeemable spirit on Korriban, or as a phantasm teacher that snuck aboard the Ebon Hawk while it was touched down. After all, Obi-Wan prooved that intergalactic travel is not only possible, but probable as long as you can hitch a ride. Me, I am greatly looking forwar to the possibility that the NEW teacher of prestige classes will be Vash. But Lucas will probably screw that ope over.

Now for the Order.

The Jedi Masters are not dead.

The reason I can say this as fact is four fold.

1. Do you really think that there are only eight Jedi Masters in the entire universe left before Nihilus started eating planets? Especially when Nihilus has not yet gone near the galactic core regions? Fairly presumtuous I would say.

2. The Jedi Order in the movies is STILL saying that love and any kind of emotional attachments are a bad thing. But what does each of the KOTOR games have in it? The main characters saying that the denial of Love is a major failing in the Jedi Code. One that leads to more darkness by shunning those who fall in love. If ANY of the characters from the games were to be teachers, they would not be against love as a part of being a Jedi. Therefore, they are not the ones who preserved or restarted the Order.

3. The events of this game only take place on the Mid-Rim of one section of the galaxy. The Mid-Rim is the portion of the disk shaped star layout that is the galaxy that is just before you get to the last systems, that are themselves THE LAST ONES before the infinite inky blackness of empty and humanly uninhabitable space. And that is only one section of it as well. It takes days to travel from one system to another, that means it would take months or years to travel around th entire galaxy if the layout of the planets were accurate on that stellar chart in the game. That means that only the Jedi Masters who were assigned to that region of space ended up dead.

4. The Jedi Order itself would be incapable of being restarted by a bunch of half trained jedi punks. As much as I like Brianna, Mira, Visas, and Bao-Dur (Atton though...I just can't forgive that one), they are not capable of being teachers, because they know diddly-squat about the force in compariason to a Jedi Knight or a Master. Anyone they train will forever be as effective a Jedi as the Dark Apprentices in KOTOR 1.

In conlusion, the Jedi Order is still in hiding and everyone, including the Masters who died in this game, thinks the order is dead. As the Sith have prooven, this kind of thing is very useful when you need to rally your forces after a defeat.

And that brings us to the present. I have a few more thesis I will be writing. I also have a few recommendations to make the game more...authentic. Like getting the players to appreciate the pilot of the ship more. But that is another subject.

Hmm...

The Jedi never say "Love is wrong". Strong negative emotions can be the result of love and thats what the Jedi warn their students\padawans about. The Jedi percieve love as a risk, it can lead to positive things like forgiveness,compassion,and to negative such as

anger, lust for revenge, depression.They believe it is better to completely avoid that risk rather than taking it, still the jedi Council can give the "OK" to such a thing if they are sure that the individual would be able to resist the possible negative effects of love.

Lastly the duties of a Jedi are difficult ,a jedi commits his whole life to serving others, there is little time in between his duties he would have for his family. So it is practicall.

example:

youre loved one is captured and used as bait for you.

she is executed before your eyes, tell me you would not

become overcome with rage and attempt to slaughter her killers.

The dark side wins either way if you dont have the willpower to resist such emotions.

(and few have)

1.You kill the murderers and fall to the dark side ,from the rage and despair.

or

2. You are killed

To Great Phantom:

You don't have to worry about the narative thread here. I'm recalling things that have happened in the past. What you are asking right now is new to me.

But yes, Kreia was, at that time, not a Sith Master. But she was in charge of Sith Holocrons. And the Sith teachings spread through the ranks during the Mandalorian War. That, to me, says that Revan collected the teachings before he went to war. And Malachor? Further out in space than the original front line when the war started. There would be no way for Revan to visit the place before the war started. The Sith teachings, they may not have been a complete set. No, it is most likely they were incomplete, becuause of the Insame Sith Teacher doing that research into Sith ethics inside the tombs, the one who played that little game with you, remember? If they had complete knowledge of the Sith, that would not exist. But incomplete knowledge and teachings will still corrupt people.

As far as the Exile's strength.

In the last level, the Exile fights alone. Begnning to end, no contact with other people except a breif lull to kill enemies (most of which act like syphons of the force, the assassins who become as strong as you are when they are near you). You are not drawing strength. If anything you would be loosing it if you had not:

A. Light Side - Reconnected yourself enough to the force to have a supply of it run through you directly.

B. Dark Side - You built up such a resevoir of power from the killing of the Jedi Masters to allow you to survive the trial and then reunite with your allies.

At least thats my take on it.

Hey, I could be one of those Star Trek Technobable guys I'm so good at this!

Well, the LS Exile is rumored to have been able to 'heal' by 'healing' worlds.

And, besides, the Assassins' technique works on enemies too. If anything, the Exile should be stronger than ever, with 2 Sith Lords and the 'elite' in the Sith at the Academy...

That is where I found your statement flawed. The Exile inadvertantly 'taught' them how to do this, and they can suck the power from those around them, friends and enemies. The Exile further twists it, though, by his Force Bonds. Others follow him, and he has easier access to their powers. Who said Force Bonds are determined by distance? If this were true, then Kreia killing herself at Trayus Core would be almost worthless, except for being the Final Echo that would wipe out life. I don't think that Kreia actually expected the Exile to die if she does. The Exile survived thousands of such situations during the Wars, but she needed some way to get DS Exile to follow... :ph34r:

I like the rest of your posts, as far as I have read. :thumbsup: :ph34r: :geek: :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Hmm...

The Jedi never say "Love is wrong". Strong negative emotions  can be the result of love and thats what the Jedi warn their students\padawans about. The Jedi percieve love as a risk, it can lead to positive things like forgiveness ,compassion,and to negative such as

anger, lust for revenge, depression.They believe it is better to completely avoid that risk rather than taking it, still the jedi Council can give the "OK" to such a thing if they are sure that the individual would be able to resist the possible negative effects of love.

Lastly the duties of a Jedi are difficult ,a jedi commits his whole life to serving others, there is little time in between his duties he would have for his family. So it is practicall.

example:

The dark side wins either way if you dont have the willpower to resist such emotions.

(and few have)

or

2. You are killed

Deep. :thumbsup:

We see an example of such in Kotor I, with the Great Hunt-ers. That one lady wants vengeance for her dead lover, and ignores an extra set of tracks. As she goes up against them, all she sees is Darkness.

A little off topic, but I think that Revan's and Bastila's love should be, or have been, approved. It saved both of them (assuming Revan was an LS male). Jolee says something about this, and says that Love can save people as often as Destroy them. It's the manipulative ones that twist Love into something Dark. The 'pure love' (like the one shared by Revan and Bastila :geek: ) can only help. Look at Bastila. All she wishes for is understanding. Revan managed to leave her, after all. She has not yet felt rage or loss. She knows that Revan had intent, etc...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Thanks man.

And FYI, I like your posts. They are well thought out and intelligent. But I still adhere to my own theory. It just seems...a little more right to me as a person. Does that make sense?

Was that directed at me?

As to your theory: Feel free to stick to it. All we have is theories right now, and yours only slightly deviates from what I've picked up in my 800+ save files. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see what goes on in Kotor III, if LA is brave enough to show their face after the "Dreaded Deadline Epidemic" of 2004. :geek:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Kunai....your posts are good but dont you think you are being a little....full of yourself?

For the most part, all youve done is reitterate the entire story of TSL as pieced together from the conversations and cut scenes into one long essay basically, with your own supposition tossed in here and there. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but for you and those who think what youve written is "so good, you should be writing star wars novels", i think maybe you need to quit patting yourself on the back so much.

I get wanting to post your multipart essay/thesis/summary over here for more appreciative KOTOR fans, but come on...its a LITTLE wierd that you would post it and all the comments as well.

Now, your posts have done an excellent job of sumarizing the story into an easy to follow narrative and i can see why people would be appreciative of it, but since you didnt come up with any of the ideas on here, but derived them from the source material (in some cases, less than derive, outright retell) shouldnt you all be patting OBSIDIAN on the back for crafting such a deep, layered story instead of the guy who summarized it over the course of 3 pages?

Hmm...

The Jedi never say "Love is wrong". Strong negative emotions  can be the result of love and thats what the Jedi warn their students\padawans about. The Jedi percieve love as a risk, it can lead to positive things like forgiveness ,compassion,and to negative such as

example:

(and few have)

or

2. You are killed

Deep. :thumbsup:

We see an example of such in Kotor I, with the Great Hunt-ers. That one lady wants vengeance for her dead lover, and ignores an extra set of tracks. As she goes up against them, all she sees is Darkness.

A little off topic, but I think that Revan's and Bastila's love should be, or have been, approved. It saved both of them (assuming Revan was an LS male). Jolee says something about this, and says that Love can save people as often as Destroy them. It's the manipulative ones that twist Love into something Dark. The 'pure love' (like the one shared by Revan and Bastila :wub: ) can only help. Look at Bastila. All she wishes for is understanding. Revan managed to leave her, after all. She has not yet felt rage or loss. She knows that Revan had intent, etc...

Oh yeah, I agree :geek::wub:

BTW Kunai_W_O_Chain

I enjoy reading your posts :thumbsup:

ill try to take part in the discussion when i can :p

To Helton:

WHOA! DAMN! That is some dang fine writing! Just so you know, I am a big fan of Kreia as well. She was able to pull the strings of an entire section of the Galaxy and no one even knew it. The ultimate Consular. I just hope future consulars are as good, because every game needs at least one puppet.

BUT! Even though I agree with most what is writen, like the training, the confrontation of ghosts, and especially the repetition of "Making the ultimate warrior" thing, she was not able to free him from destiny and had no intention of doing so.

Kreia was training him, yes, to be the ultimate warior. But not to free him. If she knows anything about the force, it's that everyone has a destiny. She just gave him a choice in how to go about fulfilling it.

But that's the beuaty of it. The Exile was no longer a part of the force. He was outside of it. It cannot directly control him, and so he is free of destiny. My brain seems to have farted flat, so I can't remember any quotes to back me up on this, so I'll have to wait until I have time to replay a few parts.

And By The Way:

Dino-Bot was the coolest one in that show. Anyone who has a death scene that lasts an entire episode and ends with a complete and utter stand alone triumph against superior foes AND numbers? Unbeatable. Unforgetable.

Yeah... Dinobot is awesome. Between 'Code of Hero' and 'Coming of the Fuzors Pt. 2' I am 100% in love, and if he were real... :geek: oh jeebus.

You get plenty of cool points for knowing the character/show. :thumbsup:

As for love: I don't think it was discouraged until the Great Hyperspace War, but I could be wrong about that, and I do not believe it was ever forbidden. Even if the New Jedi Order (er... Middle Jedi Order?) were re-created by the Exile's pupils there is still plenty of time for that caution about love to be re-instated.

Edit: As for suggestions about KOTOR III, LA boards would be the best bet. We still don't know who the developer will be.

Ceylan, you do realize that Kreia isn't REALLY behind you, telling you to chastise Kunai for doing what I had intended on doing from the beginning, right? :thumbsup:

No offense, of course. However, I am thankful for Kunai for addressing several topics without delving into outright controversy (Nihilus=Exile; Kreia=Genious/Psychopath). I fear that soon some people will show up and say how bad Kotor II was, and that the Rakata were actually slaves to the Sith Species, and that the Unknown World was actually a Sith Stronghold... :geek:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

To Helton:

But that's the beuaty of it. The Exile was no longer a part of the force. He was outside of it. It cannot directly control him, and so he is free of destiny. My brain seems to have farted flat, so I can't remember any quotes to back me up on this, so I'll have to wait until I have time to replay a few parts.

Not so. The Exile was still intact with Destiny. Why does everybody ignore Choice? If there wasn't Choice, then the Jedi Code would be worthless. Nobody can predict the future. Why? Because it's not permanent until it happens! Yoda and every other Oracle in SW says this!

Destiny is flawed, or peoples outlook on it is. Kreia was looking for somebody outside of the Force, not Destiny.

Nowhere does it say that he is free from destiny. Nowhere does it say that he has more Choice than anybody else. Everybody has a choice in how to fulfill it. I think even Vodo Siask-Baas told Exar that some difficult CHOICES were headed his way. Everybody has a pivotal moment (or several) where their choices and those around them (even those BEFORE them) determine what is going to happen. There is too many stimuli (internal and external) for destiny to remain a constant.

And don't try to pull the fact that no matter what/who Revan was, everything turns out the same. You don't actually expect them to make a game for every scenario, do you? They did the best they could.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Ceylan, you do realize that Kreia isn't REALLY behind you, telling you to chastise Kunai for doing what I had intended on doing from the beginning, right? :thumbsup:

No offense, of course. However, I am thankful for Kunai for addressing several topics without delving into outright controversy (Nihilus=Exile; Kreia=Genious/Psychopath). I fear that soon some people will show up and say how bad Kotor II was, and that the Rakata were actually slaves to the Sith Species, and that the Unknown World was actually a Sith Stronghold... :geek:

Dude what do you mean? Shes right there; whispering, always whispering....

anyway, funny you should say that, I actually thought for awhile (seeing some of the cutscenes for a 2nd and third time) that nihilus WAS the exile...more specifically the personification of the wound in the force that the exile caused. Its amost outright implied by the jedi masters on dantooine when you meet up with them again.

I looked at it as a similar phenomenon as Anakin being a manifistation of the force to balance it, or Zanoma Skeot from the EU Novels. Nihilus was a manifistation of that wound and its growth in power as it threatens to be the death of the force.

The only thing that stops me from really thinking that is that im not sure if nihilus exists before malachor V or not. Theres no real time frame for when traya, sion and nihilus had thier tiff, that i can see. On the other hand, im not really digging into the availible material to determine it either, its just an idea i like to mull over while waiting for the save games to load :thumbsup:

anyway, funny you should say that, I actually thought for awhile (seeing some of the cutscenes for a 2nd and third time) that nihilus WAS the exile...more specifically the personification of the wound in the force that the exile caused.

Did you ever place PST ? :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yeah? How are comments like "Well I thought this was an interesting read..." and similar even the least bit relevant? I don't want reviews of something, I want to judge it for myself. If the pretty damn wild assumptions you made in the very first post (not counting the one where you only repeat history from the game) didn't turn me off, the seemingly narcissistic reviews you included certainly did.

What he said :D It's in reference to your theory about Nihilus.

It should have been play but I'm just thinking to fast.

If you have played it you may see a connection. If you havnt then I'm sure someone will explain it.

478327[/snapback]

Plane Scape: Torment.

Oh....i guess that meant PLAY PS:T then. I should have guessed that. I havent actually, but ive read (here) that its pretty kick ass and that TSL has a lot of similarities to PS:T. I assume that iti has some kind of dual identity, fighting yourself thing in it?

How old is that game anyway? I tried to go play Baldurs gate after playing NWN, but i just couldnt deal with the interface for some reason. Is torment like that?