the e3 again

dewaybe2678

ok after seeing lego thread. now starting wonder again. i know empire at war one game la will be showing. which i must i'm looking forward it. rage of the wookiees is another. but with sw: lego coming out 04-25. and rots on 05-05. that basically take care of every game la has currently announce. and yet they still have one booth left make you wonder if it k3...

Let it be K3... And let it be made by Obsidian...

We all have our hopes., don't we? :lol:

DON'T LET IT BE KOTOR3

1 year is far too short for a kotor game (see TSL, KOTOR2)

3 months development for KOTOR3 (with new engine) and we will be playing KOTOR3: Force(d) Beta Testa's..., with an incomplete begin, middle and no end at all...

A game may very well be shown at E3 without being published the same year.

If they already make a presentation I don't think there shall be a lot to see, I don't expect a complete new engine build and shown after 3 months, nor a good look at any of the features etc.

Won't expect it, except untill next year...

A game may very well be shown at E3 without being published the same year.

If they already make a presentation I don't think there shall be a lot to see, I don't expect a complete new engine build and shown after 3 months, nor a good look at any of the features etc.

Won't expect it, except untill next year...

from what i heard from different places. k3 was on the drawing boards back in August. and if remember right origin did show a wing commander at the e3 like a year it came out not sure it been so long since then.

If I had to choose who would make the game not realy assuming anyone could make previous games better, I hope that somehow Bioware decides to make the new game, especially if a new engine is involved. I know that Bioware probaly won't because it would seem they're through making licensed titles, but a boy can dream

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

DON'T LET IT BE KOTOR3

1 year is far too short for a kotor game (see TSL, KOTOR2)

3 months development for KOTOR3 (with new engine) and we will be playing KOTOR3: Force(d) Beta Testa's..., with an incomplete begin, middle and no end at all...

If it's the same engine they already have the jump by having a whole planet and a HK factory ready. Plus and most important they now have experience on just what they can do in that short time period.

I'd rather see the back of the current KOTOR trilogy on the Xbox and start over for the nextbox with a whole new look etc.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'd rather see the back of the current KOTOR trilogy on the Xbox and start over for the nextbox with a whole new look etc.

Agreed. As out-dated as the graphics are, I'd like to see the entire trilogy "look" the same.

I might be in the minority, but I was looking forward to KOTOR2 because of the story and the continuing KOTOR-saga, not because I was drooling over major graphics changes. So the same graphics (slight tweaking) are fine by me, and then once the trilogy is done (Come on, it's Star Wars. It HAS to be a trilogy), they can move on and launch the new series - whether it still be under the KOTOR banner, or a new title - on the nextbox with a new engine.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Agreed. As out-dated as the graphics are, I'd like to see the entire trilogy "look" the same.

I might be in the minority, but I was looking forward to KOTOR2 because of the story and the continuing KOTOR-saga, not because I was drooling over major graphics changes. So the same graphics (slight tweaking) are fine by me, and then once the trilogy is done (Come on, it's Star Wars. It HAS to be a trilogy), they can move on and launch the new series - whether it still be under the KOTOR banner, or a new title - on the nextbox with a new engine.

i agree.

If it's the same engine they already have the jump by having a whole planet and a HK factory ready. Plus and most important they now have experience on just what they can do in that short time period.

A Obsidian employee already said that if Obsidian made KOTOR3 it would use a new engine, so that will take longer.

If it ain't made by Obsidian they will probably don't have the Factory and Planet to use.

It's a little soon to talk about a KOTOR-trilogy isn't it? And if there is a new KOTOR3 coming I expect it to be after the release of the X-Box2 anyway (as I don't think THAT will take long, longer than the production of KOTOR3 atleast, unless they want to bring another rushed 1 year or less game (LA that is))

Let me add my voice to those calling for the third installment on the same platform, with the same engine. I wouldn't mind graphical improvements, but they are definitely not as important as finishing the story.

Plus, I will be totally out of luck if they release a KOTOR 3 for a next-gen system or high-end PC, because I will not be buying a new game console for a looooong time. I don't have the cash to buy a system at launch and my computer is not exactly a gaming powerhouse.

Soooo, Xbox it is, I hope.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I think KoTOR's look has become a little monotonous because when you talk to people all you do is stand around. There isn't a lot of "life" in the characters you talk to. Take a look at Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and you will see what I mean when I say KoTOR has become monotonous. I would love to see a new engine as long as it does change the overall feel.

A Obsidian employee already said that if Obsidian made KOTOR3 it would use a new engine, so that will take longer.

If it ain't made by Obsidian they will probably don't have the Factory and Planet to use.

It's a little soon to talk about a KOTOR-trilogy isn't it? And if there is a new KOTOR3 coming I expect it to be after the release of the X-Box2 anyway (as I don't think THAT will take long, longer than the production of KOTOR3 atleast, unless they want to bring another rushed 1 year or less game (LA that is))

Did they ? Or was it "would like to" ?

Personally I'd want to get this trilogy out of the way and make the next one all my own work rather than try to changes too much. People like familiar especially as part of a series.

There is more money releasing on the Xbox, X2 is a gamble on whether or not enough people will buy it right away to be viable.

Also people who bought KOTOR I&II might not buy one and people who didnt have an Xbox might, which means you will have an influx of people who are fairly clueless about the series and this will require a lot of work in back story telling.

I think It would be pretty foolish if LA offered , to turn them down for an Xbox release. People might be more cautious the next time but I doubt many people would ignore the game unseen.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

i believe he said it could benefit from new engine not that it will have a new one. i believe that came from the ceo.

Plus, I will be totally out of luck if they release a KOTOR 3 for a next-gen system or high-end PC, because I will not be buying a new game console for a looooong time. I don't have the cash to buy a system at launch and my computer is not exactly a gaming powerhouse.

Soooo, Xbox it is, I hope.

I might be in luck, depending on the specs. My computer right now is old, but within a year's time, I'm probably going to be buying a new one, so more than likely I'll be able to handle any specs that KOTOR3 would require. However, I'd still rather they kept it on the same engine.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If Obsidian and LA continue their working relationship long term. At some point it's likely for KOTOR to switch to the NwNII engine (since the rules engines are very similiar). It would seem the logical step to me anyway.

I still think I would save that step for making the series my own as it were :thumbsup: (new trilogy/ new characters no Revan or KOTOR npcs).

478327[/snapback]

Guest Dowie100

It will probably be K3, it says on other sites that they will be showing an engine demo, So the game wont be out till 2006-7

and Yes hopefully Obsidian is the Dev, K2 was better than K1

Speaking of returning characters, I wonder if the Exile will ever have an "official" name, if he/she is mentioned in the Star Wars database.

Can't really unless they finalise the character in some way.

478327[/snapback]