Storyline stuck due to Master Vrook bug

The cage should open after the fight.

The only solution seems to load a save game before this fight...

This would be about 10-15 hours before my current position.

Not acceptable.

I was constantly waiting for something to happen that would free Master Vrook from the cage.

I just realized that i must be a bug when no one was in front of the enclave after freeing Onderon

Though i am not the only one with that problem:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29853&hl=

Hope this issue will be addressed in the upcoming patch. Probably they will put switch somewhere for triggering that event to open the cage manually for those with that prob.

The cage should open after the fight.

The only solution seems to load a save game before this fight...

This would be about 10-15 hours before my current position.

Not acceptable.

I was constantly waiting for something to happen that would free Master Vrook from the cage.

I just realized that i must be a bug when no one was in front of the enclave after freeing Onderon

Though i am not the only one with that problem:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29853&hl=

Hope this issue will be addressed in the upcoming patch. Probably they will put switch somewhere for triggering that event to open the cage manually for those with that prob.

Dont you got an autosave feature on the PC version?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...
Finally i was able to get past that point using the KSE Editor and setting 604DAN_VROOK_STATUS to 3

Next time i will solve the whole game using the editor ... saves me 30 hours :thumbsup:

What happens when you set this in the editor? Do you lose any of the story or the game or does it carry on exactly at the point when you would have normally freed him?

• 2 weeks later...
Finally i was able to get past that point using the KSE Editor and setting 604DAN_VROOK_STATUS to 3

Next time i will solve the whole game using the editor ... saves me 30 hours :thumbsup:

What happens when you set this in the editor? Do you lose any of the story or the game or does it carry on exactly at the point when you would have normally freed him?

I had to reload the savegame... the cage was empty then... when i entered the base Mr. Vrook was standing in the corridor like it should have been in first place

• 2 weeks later...
I had to reload the savegame... the cage was empty then... when i entered the base Mr. Vrook was standing in the corridor like it should have been in first place

Thanks, I think I'll give it a go. Problem is that the base is all black for me at the moment. When I finally get the patch working I'll see if it's any better.