Tip: Rush the Patch, NOT the game!!

Guest Lakmoots

Guest Lakmoots

I think you guys have really messed up by announcing a patch that has taken over three weeks in the "coming soon" phase.

After the furore of the game being rushed, I think it shows some pretty bad judgement. Would people be so annoyed if they didn't know it was coming?

A weeks notice is enough, this just compounds the already large issue of quality-control.

I think KotOR2 is absolutely fantastic, one of the best written storylines I have seen... but it is a flawed product in so many ways. I don't think the Mona Lisa would have been rated for its artistic merit had it have been fuzzy, and this game is fuzzy!

I think you guys have really messed up by announcing a patch that has taken over three weeks in the "coming soon" phase.

After the furore of the game being rushed, I think it shows some pretty bad judgement. Would people be so annoyed if they didn't know it was coming?

A weeks notice is enough, this just compounds the already large issue of quality-control.

I think KotOR2 is absolutely fantastic, one of the best written storylines I have seen... but it is a flawed product in so many ways. I don't think the Mona Lisa would have been rated for its artistic merit had it have been fuzzy, and this game is fuzzy!

The Patch will be out when it is out, just wait.

Guest Lakmoots
I just like to know where the dips**t here thought it belong in the news tip forum instead of the techinical support forum.

Do people like this understand what News Tip even means?

Gosh... no!

Could you teach me? You seem like a very reasonable person... :p

I would rather them take their time with it, instead of releasing a patch that likewise needs patching. That would kind of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

Though I would prefer them to also take time on the game and it not need patches to begin with. But then again the fault lies with LucasArts for this problem, not Obsidian.

Please note that I'm not bashing LucasArts, just stating obvious fact ... based on what I've been told, what I have read, and what I have seen.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

I would rather them take their time with it, instead of releasing a patch that likewise needs patching. That would kind of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

Though I would prefer them to also take time on the game and it not need patches to begin with. But then again the fault lies with LucasArts for this problem, not Obsidian.

Please note that I'm not bashing LucasArts, just stating obvious fact ... based on what I've been told, what I have read, and what I have seen.

Sometimes even the big guys deserve to get bashed.

Guest Dowie100

lol, I never read much into the word "soon" since Valve anyway

Soon was 3 months ago for some releases they promised, lol

Back on Topic: Its quite ironic that the patch seems to have undergone more testing than the game :lol:

and my friends with their Xbox versions are truely unlucky lol :o

Do you write movie studios when movies are announced as "Coming to a theatre near you soon" & explain they "messed up" for announcing something to early? Even though the probability that movie still has some edits & fixes to go through.

Hell, be thankful right now you can play the game....others here can't. (I can BTW). And what do you do *IF* you go to that movie that was promoted as "Coming Soon"....You take a date or your wife (I don't know if you're married)...spend $$$ on dinner, the addmission to the movie, popcorn/snacks/drinks, probably equal to what you paid for this game & the movie absolutely sucks! You're stuck!!! SOL ! ! ! No patch for you....

My point! Friggin be patient! It's on it's way! :cool:

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

The Patch will be out when it is out, just wait.

the patch we all need...and no we cant wait...that f

Look at the email i received after my complaints to LA

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I have passed along your concerns to our development team for review.

Your customer number is  1191448

Please refer to case #:: 1743689 if you have any further questions.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at

http://support.lucasarts.com. Please include all previous replies when/if

responding to this message.

Best Regards,

Lec Jay at LucasArts Technical Support

lucasarts@aqinc.com

-----------------------

Hello and good day

i an very disgusted with the fact that much of the orchestral music from

KOTOR2 was cut off, (telephone quality) and about the cut endings too

here i have an forum topic that explains all the problem

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=30375

i hope you are able to deliver some content patch to the sound and the cut

endings in the game

thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps I'm cynical. Perhaps I'm stupid. Perhaps I'm right in suggesting that KOTOR2 is simply a game, driven by the market. No one in the powers that be truly cares whether the game gets a sufficiently-correcting patch, past its release. Its had the rave reviews, the excelent sales. That's it. It's the past, no matter how much we want it all to be right. Perhaps we have to accept KOTOR2's frailty as much as we accept each other's. Scanning the forums regarding all most other games yields similar answers: nothing is perfect. It is up to our imagination to fill the gaps, to gave greater meaning to something so fundamentally meaningless in the context of our short time in the world. :thumbsup: Ta.

Hello,

... snip ...

lucasarts@aqinc.com

Judging from the e-mail address of the tech support, it is apparent that LA outsources their support through Absolute Quality (www.aqinc.com). Not saying that that is necessarily a bad thing. Apparently quite a few companies go through them to provide multi-lingual support, so they must be fairly reputable. Most likely the only support questions they can answer are the ones that LA has provided them with.

NOOOOOOOOO!

okay, if they were in the Dev. cycle with the game, yes- but give Obsidian a break, Jesae Christs! Slap LA in the face with that, not OE.

Guys, what areas were made, but not made golden?

HK Factory! Goto's Mansion! and the stuff having to do with voice-lock on the nav-comp, they put a lot of good work into the sound and mapping on this, so GoTo work! And if I am wrond, Women's intuition ain't always right, just when it comes to guys, and this involves Kreia, sheesh... ;)"

Eagles may soar...

but Rabbits don't get sucked into Jet Engines

Kinda long... funny, and we do consignment programing

One Ring to Rule them all

One Ring to draw them

One Ring to code them all

The last in the coffe spill edits them...

We are the Elite four, we went to high school together, and code games together, I rule them all (Writer/Designer/Director)

-Big Phil (calls Yao ming short, for good reason...) Draws thelevels and basic area coding

-Manu codes our AI, called latte, not for his skin, but he never stops fidgiting

-August edits our code, still has coffe in his class/company ring, and puts so much spit & polish on our stuff, his spit would flood the whole of Mars

Hello,

... snip ...

lucasarts@aqinc.com

Judging from the e-mail address of the tech support, it is apparent that LA outsources their support through Absolute Quality (www.aqinc.com). Not saying that that is necessarily a bad thing. Apparently quite a few companies go through them to provide multi-lingual support, so they must be fairly reputable. Most likely the only support questions they can answer are the ones that LA has provided them with.

They either good or cheap. I am betting on cheap.