Who shot first?

Who shot first  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who shot first

• Han
    • Greedo

In the cantina in Mos Eisley space port Greedo, a Rodian bounty hunter, stops Han Solo and is smug about having caught him. A conversation ensues between the two, all the while Greedo still has his blaster pointed at Han. What he doesn't realize is that Han has gotten his blaster out of its holster and is aiming it at Greedo under the table, where Greedo can't see the blaster. The question being asked is who shot first.

By not reconizing that you have shamed Star Wars geeks all the world over.

Everyone sensible knows damn well that Han shot first. Only Lucas' continual bastardization of the OT are trying to shift this 'villainous' trait to poor innocent Greedo.

The way is was in its original unedited state provided the best character arc for Han - at first starting out as a selfish roque in Ep IV, then developing a begrudging loyalty for our heroes (masked under the illusion of credtis), before standing up for the good of the Rebellion against tyranny in Ep. VI. >_<

manthing2.jpg

Yeah, cut the revisionistic crap, we saw it back in 1977, Han murdered Greedo in cold blood :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, Greedo did have a blaster pointed at him and was planning on taking him to Jabba, so it was entirely in cold blood.

Well, there is sort of a difference between wanting to force somebody at gunpoint to do something, giving them fair warning that deadly force may be applied if they don't comply and then killing them outright with no warning.

Anyway, I liked the original unedited movies way better...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah I voted for Han. I mean if Greedo DID shoot first, he was a terribly bad shot at point blank range...

magic.gif

:thumbsup:

I don't agree, but that was comedy gold ;)

Han shot first. I didn't see it back in 1977, but I saw the originals back in the mid 90's. The Revision is crap. The revisions in all three movies are crap. The prequels are crap. Its Lucas' baby so he can crap on it if he wants to but that is just piss poor way to do it.

The whole back and to the right thing was pretty damn funny, ah remember how the military and the FBI conspired with arms manufactures to prolong the Vietnam War really is great for a good chuckle. They can get to anybody hahahahahahahahahaha

uhhhhhh....... ;);) :'( :'( :'( :'(

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The "just be happy Han still has the gun and not a walkie-talkie" option seems to be missing...  ;)"

Eventually GL will change the scene using CGI to where Greedo shoots and misses an unarmed Han, then Han kicks Greedo, Greedo drops the blaster, Han catches it in mid-air, then fires and kills Greedo all within a 3 second span.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The "just be happy Han still has the gun and not a walkie-talkie" option seems to be missing...  ;)"

Eventually GL will change the scene using CGI to where Greedo shoots and misses an unarmed Han, then Han kicks Greedo, Greedo drops the blaster, Han catches it in mid-air, then fires and kills Greedo all within a 3 second span.

...yet, his foot will remain firmly on the table at all times.

manthing2.jpg

LOL. Reminds me of the Waco Kid in Blazing Saddles - he's so fast you can't even see him do it! :D