synopsis for an rpg i'm running

WARNING! contains spoilers if you haven't beat kotor 2 as dark side.

hmm, ended up kinda long...

here's a synopsis of a star wars rpg game i'm running with some friends who haven't played kotor. this takes place after the events of my "main" game of kotor 2.

now i like darth sion. he's probably my favorite character in the star wars u. with that in mind, i think he got the short end of the stick...

before the events of kotor 2, while in meditation, sion is visted by the old sith spirits. the spirits alert him that he, as well as nihilus, will face a powerful foe ( the exile) in combat in the near future, and when they will face the foe. nihilus will be first, and then foe will face sion. sion will not be able to defeat the foe, yet, but the dark side has plans for him. (sion references something similar to this late in k2, about the dark side controlling him.)

the spirits finally tell sion of others who will be the key to defeating the foe/exile. (this is where the pc's come into play.) sion must find them, but he will only be able to do so after he faces the foe.

with this knowledge, sion finds an old sith training droid (hk-46 ;) ) and has it programed to track down the pc's, with a time delayed message for the pc's if it finds them after sion's "death".

unknown to sion, (and vice versa) traya gets a vision about the pc's, and diverts the pc's out of the way to the outer rim during the later half of the jedi civil war, and the initial events of k2.

when the pc's finally get back in the game, so to speak, they start retracing the exiles steps (i focused on the dark side path through nar shadaa to start.) the pcs notice something is following them, which is the hk-46 droid. it tells them its been sent to watch over them and train them, being vague on specifics. hk 46 tries to nudge the pcs to dark side decisions when possible.

(force sensitive pc's are in the party, so they feel the "disturbance" when nihilus and sion are killed). upon sion's "defeat", hk-46's time delayed message kicks in. the message is sion, cryptically telling the pcs of his foe, and that he knows of them, and their "great" potential. the droid has a light sabre crystal imbued with some of his essence. if the pc's track down the remaining specific light sabre components on korriban, dxun, and a third place i haven't decided yet, they can rebuild his lightsabre.

if the pcs complete the task, they'll prove themselves worthy, and sion will return and train them as his students.

now about sion coming back, boil it down, he's a psionic lich. his will and connection to the force are what keep his body together. and his main power is essentially a flawed reconstitute self (a la the last marvl rpg.) and imho, he's too cool a character. so when his original lightsabre is rebuilt, (a sith lord wouldn't have aquired a few lightsabre trophies over the years?) it acts as a conduit, finally allowing him to come back after his defeat at the hands of the exile.

but he's weak, and actually comes back looking human first. this is why he needs the pc's. he keeps them around as bodyguards of sorts to train them as he regains his strength. he's fulled robed at first (angry that it's not his true form), but over time he starts looking like his old self.

the ultimate goal for sion is to go after the exile (a consular/sith lord) and his apprentice brianna, who've taken up residence on malachor V with a new sith academy.

for all i know, the pc's may not even want to go that far, as i'm trying to keep it relatively open ended, but that's the main plot to the campaign

so...any thoughts, comments?

oh, and SILLINESS WARNING

if the pc's don't want to go the trayas academy route, they stumbled across an artifact on an uncharted planet in the outer rim. if they go back there and investigate, this artifact, or "stargate" :ph34r: will have been corrupted by the dark side, and end up acting as a time portal, allowing them to access later eras in the star wars u. hey, i get bored at work, i have time to think. :p

Ummm... What's a synopsis? :">

I like all but the ending. It sounded kinda cool, even if a bit cheesy... :p

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

synopsis = breakdown, summary, explanation of, etc.

and thanks. yeah, the stargate thing is still up in the air, i was trying to think of how i could tie some other things i've been meaning to do into it. :p"

I think that a portion of your idea may have earned its way into my fanfic... I'll let you know if I do use, and which portion I use, ok? :p

Some of your ideas are messed up. One piece of advice: Trash the stargate. ;)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Oh you want to know what happen after you got through playing?

O.K. A bunch of "big wigs" are gathered in a smoke filled room on the top floor of this complex. They're sitting at a large table, only their hands wander in and out of the shadows that conceal their faces. A nervous energy reverberates through the room, but no words are spoken.

Suddenly a door opens and a small man enters the room, all eyes are on him. He swallows hard, trying to muster the courage to speak. "Sir, the numbers are in."

A hand reaches out palm up from the shadows and the small man is quick to placate its desires. The hand disappears into the shadows again, the man waits for his next order.

"You may leave."

The little man quickly makes for the door he entered through. Just as it closes behind him the shadowy figure begins to speak,' Gentlemen it seems our little endeavor is a success."

There is some reserved clapping.

Then another figure at the table speaks,"But how can that be, we didn't even bother to complete the project."

"I told you it wouldn't matter, they're zombies, they're moths drawn to the flame no longer caring to consider it source. They'll take it and like it if we tell them to. Surely the computer users and Europeans will be chomping at the bit now to get"

A voice from behind speaks up, all eyes in the room are then focused on a man whos face is illuminated by a computer screen.

"Sir, its just as you said. The fools are actually defending it, some of the whelps are even going so far as to call it great. This one name Ja'den doesn't even have it yet and he's already calling it great."

"Yes.....yes, I think we all knows what this means, we will never bother to invest the resources to finish another project, infact we will 'half ass' it from here on out. The people have spoken and sealed their fate and all those who love 'The Franchise'."

Laughter fills the room as the Imperial March begans playing in the background

Yep thats probaly about how it went

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm boycotting Lucas Arts until Kotor III comes out COMPLETE. I mean, a few cut death scenes at the end (like Carth's in Kotor I) are okay, but they left out a few key chunks, but I'm not complaining much. It was fun, but I want the Third to be another Kotor, and not an expansion pack (complement: Kotor was the best game in a while, and Kotor II did its best)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

O.K. A bunch of "big wigs" are gathered in a smoke filled room on the top floor of this complex. They're sitting at a large table, only their hands wander in and out of the shadows that conceal their faces. A nervous energy reverberates through the room, but no words are spoken.

Suddenly a door opens and a small man enters the room, all eyes are on him. He swallows hard, trying to muster the courage to speak. "Sir, the numbers are in."

A hand reaches out palm up from the shadows and the small man is quick to placate its desires. The hand disappears into the shadows again, the man waits for his next order.

"You may leave."

The little man quickly makes for the door he entered through. Just as it closes behind him the shadowy figure begins to speak,' Gentlemen it seems our little endeavor is a success."

There is some reserved clapping.

Then another figure at the table speaks,"But how can that be, we didn't even bother to complete the project."

"I told you it wouldn't matter, they're zombies, they're moths drawn to the flame no longer caring to consider it source. They'll take it and like it if we tell them to. Surely the computer users and Europeans will be chomping at the bit now to get"

A voice from behind speaks up, all eyes in the room are then focused on a man whos face is illuminated by a computer screen.

"Sir, its just as you said. The fools are actually defending it, some of the whelps are even going so far as to call it great. This one name Ja'den doesn't even have it yet and he's already calling it great."

"Yes.....yes, I think we all knows what this means, we will never bother to invest the resources to finish another project, infact we will 'half ass' it from here on out. The people have spoken and sealed their fate and all those who love 'The Franchise'."

Laughter fills the room as the Imperial March begans playing in the background

You're accuracy is uncanny UNCANNY I SAY :ph34r:

The big problem with the idea Majin is that Sion lost all will to survive after confronting the Exile. It was a battle of will, not a battle of bodies. Sion realized that Traya hated him and he was a failure in her eyes, so he lost the will to live.

However, this could be used as an interesting thing. Sion being brought back by the darkside against his will, hating what he is even more than before now, and forced in a scheme of events by the force when all he wants now is release. His pain no longer is coming from inflicting suffering on others, but the suffering of his continued life knowing that he failed to give up the force and is unable to.

But the Force doesn't have a will strong enough. It is also controllable. So, If Sion wanted to die, then he'd stay dead. BUT, somebody could bring him back, if they knew how...

Why does everybody seem to suggest that the Force is all-controlling??? :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

But the Force doesn't have a will strong enough. It is also controllable. So, If Sion wanted to die, then he'd stay dead. BUT, somebody could bring him back, if they knew how...

Why does everybody seem to suggest that the Force is all-controlling??? :ph34r:

The force is just a metaphor for God, is how I've always perceived it anyway. So I guess its the idea of something being omnipotent I guess

Not true. Even Obi-Wan says that the Force controls, but is controllable. The Force is much much much more equatable to Nature. All the seeking of balance, etc.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Not true. Even Obi-Wan says that the Force controls, but is controllable. The Force is much much much more equatable to Nature. All the seeking of balance, etc.

i don't remember the specifics, but i'm going by what sion says during the final encounter. may have just been a ds option (haven't beaten it ls) but he mentions something along the lines that the dark side won't let him die.

so the dark side may be a bit more controlling/demanding. i don't know if it's just eu or not, but for example how the dark side is supposed to start making up for the early advances in power, by taking a physical toll on the user later in life.

The big problem with the idea Majin is that Sion lost all will to survive after confronting the Exile. It was a battle of will, not a battle of bodies. Sion realized that Traya hated him and he was a failure in her eyes, so he lost the will to live.

However, this could be used as an interesting thing. Sion being brought back by the darkside against his will, hating what he is even more than before now, and forced in a scheme of events by the force when all he wants now is release. His pain no longer is coming from inflicting suffering on others, but the suffering of his continued life knowing that he failed to give up the force and is unable to.

<wishful thinking>

i like the concept behind sion. the idea to him knowing about facing the exile was to plan ahead. sure, he'll try and fight the exile, but with his obsession for power, he may even think he can still beat him. but he's essentially immortal anyway, as long as his hate is strong enough. it just takes him, a, um, lot longer to come back, sometimes. yeah, that's it. :("

but about the "lost will" thing. do we know that's necesarrily the case? with sion having the knowledge to plan ahead, he sets up an escape plan. said escape plan being the

sion:"(crap, this guy kicking my tail, i gotta get outta here.) it has been so long since i have felt anything but hate. gaaaaaah.

exile: woo, he's finally dead. moving along.

spirit sion: now to wait for those the spirits told me about to reassembe my lightsabre.

:huh:

at least you changed your avatar.

i didn't say a thing about the state of the game istelf. i happen to like the old republic setting, and a good bit of the characters, sion in particular. and *gasp* i like pencil and paper rpgs, so OH NOES!!!1 if i mix the two so my friends and i can have some fun. so bloody sue me. :p

What was wrong with my avatar?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ya the Arch Monarch

Its a great show, you shouldn't "flush it like an unwanted pregnacy on prom night."