A better K3 Idea

Tired of reading tons and tons of the same ideas for K3.....

what do you guys think of this one....I posted it in another thread but I thought I'd just start my own.

here's my scenerio....love it or hate it just let me know

Revan finished KOTOR 1 Lightside.....gets rid of the stupid staroforge ideas, and lets room for alot of memorable characters to return....but when he realised what he had done he went off and left everyone, like it says he did....but when he gets to the sith empire he gets corrupted or gets corrupted on his way there and succumbs to the darkside again.

Exile finishes the story of KOTOR 2 darkside, and goes off after Revan.

And so when K3 occurs Revan and Exile are both Darkside fighting off the true Sith...either together as Master and Apprentice, or working against eachother....and it's a triangle of Revan vs. Exile vs. True Sith....orr......they are working to gether not as Master and Apprentice and just as two darksiders......

and whatever character you are in K3, most likely a Jedi trained by the Jedi left over that rebuilt the academy....maybe trained by handmaiden or disciple or bastilla or Jolee or something to that extent.....so whatever character u are in K3 has to go and stop Revan and Exile from taking over and/or joining the true Sith and stop the True Sith in general, and ur NPC's are a mix of ppl from K1 and K2.....Jolee, Bastilla, Handmaiden, Visas, Bao Dur, Mission maybe, and etc.

and on the way you can either choose that, or decide to become Sith and kill off most of ur party and make a pact with the true sith and it would be cool to get a master of the True Sith to study under, (much like u studied to be a jedi in K1 with that twilek) and u become a True Sith and there is a cut scene sequence and etc. AND you can betray and kill ur master and try to Rule the Sith empire and galaxy and kill revan and exile...if u go lightside forget all that and maybe you can redeem either Revan or the Exile or both....who knows......

But I think that would be a very good scenerio...especially since ur just a powerful jedi from the academy...u know who u are....no stupid amnesia or reason for losing level, AND you get to save time in the storyline by not needing to figure out ur past, and it gives much needed storyline time, like Gathering NPCS going around rallying up Planets and systems for the war, Betraying the Jedi, Sith Training, and then finally going to the outer regions and etc. and then the FINAL BATTLE.....

What do you guys think?????!!!! I think it's a pretty good idea, any critisism or praise or any comments in general would be appreciated....

peace

I'd prefer if they don't go DS. I worked hard to get Exile and Revan to defy the Council for what they believe.

Umm... This brings up another topic, I feel. People, Grey Jedi are just Jedi that aren't in the Order! They either continue to do good, or they become Dark Jedi. In SW, there is no in-between. Even Jolee served the Light.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

who said anything about grey?

and its cool if u didnt like it dark

There should be a default tho, like if u chose not to give a **** in K2 the default was revan was LS male

I'd like the default to play out like this

but actually...it'd be hard to have anything besides the defualt because revan and exile are in unknown parts so who'd know what happened LOL

I said that talking about leaving the Order, falling, etc. brought up my thoughts on the 'Grey' side... Sorry to stray from the OT...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

first, why would they bring back revan or anybody else you made choices with it would suck which is the reason that in kotor 2 they gave you the choice to say what revan was DS or LS second, showingg revan and malak would be terrible because Then your choice for face design or anything else would be thrown out the window because Obsidian decided that this was how he looked so deal with it. I hate your Idea it blows big ones.

It'd be awesome if you were starting off as a Sith historian... and through some sort of Force vision were suddenly turned "To the Light" or ignored it and continued down the "dark road". You would start off as a Sith for a change of pace... ^_^. After that, you'd just sort of either lie to the person contacting you (they are doing this for the Republic and out of desperation, to try to get to someone on the "inside"). You either are telling your contact you are:

A) LS - commit to this

B) DS - lie that you are committing to this

Whatever road you take, you travel around as a Sith Master Jedi person, looking for this Mysterious Contact. Then the revelation happens, you find out it's really not the Republic, but the Jedi, and you are talked to by some returning character from KotOR II (not really main people like in KotOR I - they were Bastila & Carth). They'd ask you to go searching for Revan and Exhile because you've got a Sithy mind and you know a bit about the Sith's history. Thus you travel about planets, looking for Revan and Exhile.

^^^^^^^^^^

Wow, that sounds really bad.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

first, why would they bring back revan or anybody else you made choices with it would suck which is the reason that in kotor 2 they gave you the choice to say what revan was DS or LS  second, showingg revan and malak would be terrible because Then your choice for face design or anything else would be thrown out the window because Obsidian decided that this was how he looked so deal with it. I hate your Idea it blows big ones.

you could choose in this one the same way stupid ass...you'd make desicions when u talk with ppl at the academy, like the historian maybe...like handmaiden maybe...like if you ****ing paid attention in K2 when u beat it that it said Handmaiden or Disciple would teach future generations of everything, so u could be like I thought the historian said exile was blank blank and revan was blank blank....you really must have no imagination eh, good thing you don't work for a videogame company, your game would suck!

And noone said anything about Malak.....

anyways, like I said, love it or hate it lol....thank you come again

EDIT: also I realised another thing that makes you more ignorant.....they'd bring back Revan because KOTOR 2 ended with a cliff hanger, with exile going to search after REVAN.....and K2 basically all u heard was revan this and revan that......they clearly are hinting at a bigger picture, it's just whether or not your mind is a willing one....which determines if you will accept it or not....either way whoever makes K3 if it is made, will do whatever the **** they want no matter what anyone thinks.....

I say bring back revan! Marginalise Exiles role, possible cameo (nihilius type or more of a partial jedi type). Revan starts grey, vs true sith. The explanation of revan in kotor 2 simplifies things as he is doing same thing no matter what. Only 1 (major) problem....level, and 2 medium problems, reflecting on kotor 1 choices, bastilla (d/s or l/s? can she have a role?) carth...

Anyway, as for original idea up there, i don't want a random third guy to be bettering our previous 2 characters and coming up on top

I have to say I don't like the idea at all.

First, having a third all-powerful Jedi in such a short period of time would be way too over the top.

Th only possible way I see this working would be if the character would be the offspring of either Revan or the Exile, but that would be too similar to the movies.

Not to forget: Many, if not most of the people, play these kind of games as a lighsider. It would be kind of dumb to have both Revan and the Exile as darksiders, if you played them as the ultimate lightsiders who would never fall.

Now, if you need a new character, you might start of as one of the "true Sith", but that would mean that you start of as a darksider.

In my opinion it would be best to use either Revan or the Exile as main character, with some of the two old crews in your new party.

* at this point Revan is an iconic figure. To play Revan at this point would be like playing Darth Vader.

* to decide whether Revan is LS or DS is to miss the point. Revan is the personification of a Grey Jedi. That is one of the things that makes him Revan.

* Revan will go down in history as the patriot who allowed an alien threat to be defeated. It's that simple.

* the story that we are currently in does not allow for alot of force users. So, I agree that a third protagonist would be less than desirable.

* the Exile should be the protagonist of KOTOR III. Only the Exile can plausibly start back at Level 1. Reason? He draws his force powers from other force sensitives. Five years have passed and he has been out of contact with any force sensitives. BOOM, he has no power. Fits in perfectly with KOTOR II.

* the Exile should be the protagonist of KOTOR III.  Only the Exile can plausibly start back at Level 1.  Reason?  He draws his force powers from other force sensitives.  Five years have passed and he has been out of contact with any force sensitives.  BOOM, he has no power.  Fits in perfectly with KOTOR II.

Or what if, now that he knows where his power comes from and the source of the "echo" has been destroyed, (this would have to be LS) he decides to let go of it and learn to feel the Force the normal way, and as a result of this has to start all over. This would seem somewhat tiresome since it'd be the third time learning the Force for the Exile, but its an interesting idea.

I have to say I don't like the idea at all.

First, having a third all-powerful Jedi in such a short period of time would be way too over the top.

Th only possible way I see this working would be if the character would be the offspring of either Revan or the Exile, but that would be too similar to the movies.

That was the line I was working on. As you say it does indeed mirror the movies but whether or not that is a bad thing I am not so sure.

It is a very good was of tying up all the lose ends and having both of the previous games be part of something much bigger. As well as killing off Revan and The Exile to avoid all that variable stuff which their identity from the first games brings up.

It's also important that KOTORIII not limit itself to people who have played the other games. Especially if it's taking the nextbox route rather than the current one.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Or what if, now that he knows where his power comes from and the source of the "echo" has been destroyed, (this would have to be LS) he decides to let go of it and learn to feel the Force the normal way, and as a result of this has to start all over. This would seem somewhat tiresome since it'd be the third time learning the Force for the Exile, but its an interesting idea.

Ultimately, it was kind of cheating IMO to make the protagonist someone who is already a living legend in both KOTOR I and II. After this "trilogy" is complete, I hope they TOTALLY open up the PC's identity in future RPGs of this type. However, because of the cliffhanger we are in right now, I think the most satisfying way to do it would be to have Exile as the protagonist of KOTOR III.

* at this point Revan is an iconic figure.  To play Revan at this point would be like playing Darth Vader.

* to decide whether Revan is LS or DS is to miss the point.  Revan is the personification of a Grey Jedi.  That is one of the things that makes him Revan.

* Revan will go down in history as the patriot who allowed an alien threat to be defeated.  It's that simple.

* the story that we are currently in does not allow for alot of force users.  So, I agree that a third protagonist would be less than desirable.

* the Exile should be the protagonist of KOTOR III.  Only the Exile can plausibly start back at Level 1.  Reason?  He draws his force powers from other force sensitives.  Five years have passed and he has been out of contact with any force sensitives.  BOOM, he has no power.  Fits in perfectly with KOTOR II.

Yeah I'd have to say I agree with this resoning the most here. But Still, I think you should be given the choice of who you join sides with....Revan, or the True sith.....Because we really need the option of fighting with the Sith for once and training under them and seeing their side, even if you don't have to, you should be given the choice...there are alot of Darkside favoring gamers out there like me.....

Playing some one at level 20-30something makes the game no longer an RPG, or atleast rids the game of one of the more popular elements, the need to level up. Say what up want about the "Ultimate Power" of the True Sith, but at that point Obsidian is writting Star Wars canon, and I don't think thats all that great a field to get into. If they decide to pursue this I'm afraid that they will almost surely fall on their collective faces.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Playing some one at level 20-30something makes the game no longer an RPG, or atleast rids the game of one of the more popular elements, the need to level up. Say what up want about the "Ultimate Power" of the True Sith, but at that point Obsidian is writting Star Wars canon, and I don't think thats all that great a field to get into. If they decide to pursue this I'm afraid that they will almost surely fall on their collective faces.

i think the way the story is going we may end playing both revan and excile. i may be wrong. if i'm right it be interesting how they pull that one off. someone suggested that we have two parties until they meet half thru the game.

Yeah I'd have to say I agree with this resoning the most here.  But Still, I think you should be given the choice of who you join sides with....Revan, or the True sith.....Because we really need the option of fighting with the Sith for once and training under them and seeing their side, even if you don't have to, you should be given the choice...there are alot of Darkside favoring gamers out there like me.....

basically, there should be two distinct paths. I agree with that.

since only the LS path is going to be "canon" anyway, they could

do anything they want with the DS path.

Light Side:

Exile goes in search for Revan. Ends up with Revan as a mentor.

Revan tells him everthing that he needs to know to defeat the true threat.

Revan eventually gets killed while travelling with you in Unknown Space.

You end up with a new mentor (i.e. the spirit of a dead master).

Multithreaded endgame with some old faces (like Jolee and Canderous)

commanding parties of their own.

Dark Side:

Exile goes in search for Revan. Ends up with Revan as his Sith Master.

Revan tells him everthing that he needs to know to defeat the True Sith leadership

and take their place. Once you and Revan topple the leadership, you challenge

Revan for supremacy.

i think the way the story is going we may end playing both revan and excile. i may be wrong. if i'm right it be interesting how they pull that one off. someone suggested that we have two parties until they meet half thru the game.

I don't think they'll do that, it just makes things to complicated and pigeon holes an rpg, which effectively kills the rpg

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't think they'll do that, it just makes things to complicated and pigeon holes an rpg, which effectively kills the rpg

i see your point. still be interesting. i'm glad i'm not the frigging writer. there was another sugesstion i think i liked it more that one. you play excile first then revan. which if story goes like a few think it might it is possible. which mean excile might start at lvl 1 again and when get revan he'll be what lvl you where as excile.

i see your point. still be interesting. i'm glad i'm not the frigging writer. there was another sugesstion i think i liked it more that one. you play excile first then revan. which if story goes like a few think it might it is possible. which mean excile might start at lvl 1 again and when get revan he'll be what lvl you where as excile.

Ever hear of the trinity system in Suikoden III?

The only problem with playing known characters is that people new to the game wont have the same previous experience as those who have. Therefore you really need to include a new character as well, if you take this approach.

New character does the early chapters.

Then you move onto the next character.

Then the next one

Then at some point they all meet and find out they have been doing the same thing but from different directions.

Starting people over at level one tends to be frowned on in a known rules system. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'll agree with alot of people in that obviously Revan and the Exile have to be in KOTOR 3 in one way or the othert, but they just can't be playable characters. At level 30something how many more useless powers does the Exile need, and no there i no "good" reason for anymore "deleveling". Revan was at twenty in at the end of Kotor are we to beleive that hes been gone all this time and didn't gain anymore power? Isn't he atleast as powerful as the Exile? It just doesn't make any sense to include them as playable characters, its great that effectively two gaming companies have made characters that have been enduring enough to have a loyal fanbase. Its hard to have them appear in the game as well, because at some point you have to atleast tell the game what the Exile looked like or establish an official Exile thats guaranteed to piss off almost eveyone.

Secondly the whole "true sith' thing has already made me concerned for K3. As I've said this idea seems to be more in the process of writing canon of the Star Wars timeline past then the current standard of writing about little used planets on the outer rim and writing adventures that seemed to be "contained" within their timeframe. Having the "true Sith" simply is too big to be self contained and seems like a horrible idea. I especially hate the idea that Revan and the Exile would have to grow even more powerful to fight these apparently godlike creature.