fanart>visas

I wouldn't waste your skilled words on something as mundane as a video game forum.

Don't compromise yourself by giving up on your dream of living in your mom's basement thinking up new and exciting sitcoms and then telling everyone you're in the process of "writing" a script. That'd be a waste, of well space

Ah, the ever friendly Laozi. :lol:

From the way that generic jibe gets thrown around, one would almost think that every forum poster on the web were living in their mother's basement as I write.

It occurs to me that I've never known anyone among the many and various geeks I've known, none of my high school nerd acquaintances, university academic acquaintances, nor working world acquaintances, who lived in their parent's basement at any point. And I've known quite a number of nerds. Why would one live one's parent's basement, anyway? What's the logic behind it? And from whence does this notion proceed?

It occurs to me that I've never known anyone among the many and various geeks I've known, none of my high school nerd acquaintances, university academic acquaintances, nor working world acquaintances, who lived in their parent's basement at any point.  And I've known quite a number of nerds.  Why would one live one's parent's basement, anyway?  What's the logic behind it?  And from whence does this notion proceed?

Usually it's due to graduating from high school, going to college, finishing college and not finding a job, and doing all this in the same town your parents live in. Satrs out as just being a cheap way to live during college and turns into a semi life plan. Had a buddy who finally moved out at age 27.

This used to be a good thread before being derailed with Star Trek Apartments and whatnot. It even had a few mathematical operators here and there.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That's beautiful, Liz.

I thought Visas could have been the most engaging character in the story... but *cough* it was not to be. It's a damn shame to create such a compelling character and then put her on tape-loop for the whole rest of the game...

BTW, was "The internets may have arrayed themselves against me.", meant to be a very clever plural piss-take on Bush's "rumours on the internets" bushism?

Yeah. ;)

How can someone possibly fail to correctly identify teh intarweeb as such in this day and age?

Good God man - no one said anything about a sentient being! This is George Bush we're talking about. :p

But as Liz has been so kind as to share her works of art with us, let's not be rude and further de-rail her thread. ;)

manthing2.jpg

I wouldn't waste your skilled words on something as mundane as a video game forum.

Don't compromise yourself by giving up on your dream of living in your mom's basement thinking up new and exciting sitcoms and then telling everyone you're in the process of "writing" a script. That'd be a waste, of well space

Ouch, what was that for? You even managed to insult my dead mother. How tactful.

Incidentally, I am working on a script while I look for a new job. Didn't say I was being paid to do it. Just something to take to grad school, if that's okay, jumpy.

Some truly impressive work in that gallery of yours Liz.  Very nice indeed.  Might be nice to be able to draw but since I can't, I'll have to stick to writing.  Only major downside is it's much harder to post good examples of that without making people read really big posts.  :lol:

I love writing and reading too

If you want some comments, impressions, suggestions...Tell me!

The length isn't a problem, I often use to print and read in train.

I'm surprised that you would find inspiration in something as mundane as a videogame.

I find inspiration expecially from things which let me fly away with my imagination...Kotor is a special game, 'cause let me "live" dreams, advenctures and even feelings.

These are the things I'm searching into films, books and videogames...

This is real good stuff, don't ever compromise yourself by giving up your dream and taking a job in a mailroom. That would be such a waste of a skilled artist.

Thank you, I hope...but the world of arts is really complicated and even corrupted :lol:

That's beautiful, Liz.

I thought Visas could have been the most engaging character in the story... but *cough* it was not to be.  It's a damn shame to create such a compelling character and then put her on tape-loop for the whole rest of the game...

I played female character (no love story with her, of course ;) )

Anyway, I agree with you

Well I started to prune this thread, but seems unnecessary as the invective and sandbox play is rather well ingrained in this thread.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Well I started to prune this thread, but seems unnecessary as the invective and sandbox play is rather well ingrained in this thread.

Due to the request of the membership, I have tried to prune this thread in order that people might continue to enjoy the sharing intent of this thread.

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Liz your art is very good and diverse. Your KOTOR and fantasy art is very clean, uncluttered. Some of your other art is much more detailed. I am not an artist, but I do know that I love your work. Do you sell your art?