I love HK 47

I think he is the best character in the party..his comments are always awesome. I like the way he finally talks about his past as an asssination droid.

his character development is a good continuation from KOTOR1. Too bad that he comes in the party so late but hey what else are savegame editors for ? :lol:

-jim

Where can I get that? beat the game once with no cheats or anything so now I wanna have some fun.

Hk-47comes third, right after Visas and Canderous.

HK as a comic relief character is fun, and he provides an excellent link to Revan. He was much more effective as a character in K1, though, IMO. I was glad to see his character resurface in K2, although in the game as released he seemed to have little or no purpose (other than backstory if you have influence enough, and while it was interesting and even useful information, its effect on the total game was marginal). In K1 at least, he had to be in your party in order to complete Tattooine, because of his translation abilities. In K2, he can be safely ignored as a party member.

That's where the cut content comes in. No story can abide the time spent on pointless characters. HK HAD a point, a crucial part of the resolution, like any fictional character has to have to exist. But that purpose fell by the wayside. That's why the ending fell somewhat flat; it did not even hint that he was involved.

HK as a comic relief character is fun, and he provides an excellent link to Revan.  He was much more effective as a character in K1, though, IMO.  I was glad to see his character resurface in K2, although in the game as released he seemed to have little or no purpose (other than backstory if you have influence enough, and while it was interesting and even useful information, its effect on the total game was marginal).  In K1 at least, he had to be in your party in order to complete Tattooine, because of his translation abilities.  In K2, he can be safely ignored as a party member.

That's where the cut content comes in.  No story can abide the time spent on pointless characters.  HK HAD a point, a crucial part of the resolution, like any fictional character has to have to exist.  But that purpose fell by the wayside.  That's why the ending fell somewhat flat; it did not even hint that he was involved.

I never found much use for the non Jedi in KOTOR. In fact later in the game they became a liability by having a lot their attacks directed right back at them. Droids were even worse because you couldnt just force heal them.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I never found much use for the non Jedi in KOTOR. In fact later in the game they became a liability by having a lot their attacks directed right back at them. Droids were even worse because you couldnt just force heal them.

Truthfully, when you get about halfway through that game, the non-Jedi are baggage. You NEED the Jedi abilities, just to survive. After Bastila left for the dark side, my party invariably consisted of Revan, Juhani and Jolee, although Canderous deserves a runner-up honorable mention in both Kotor games if he has some dexterity and a heavy melee weapon in hand. Poor T3 never got out of the Ebon Hawk.

KOTOR 1 the droids almost never left the Ebon Hawk. T3-M4 in particular never left the ship becos there was no character development with it. At least HK-47 had that which is one of the reason why I took him to Tatooine.

In KOTOR 2 however I occasionally do take GOTO and HK 47 with me. Give HK47 his blaster and decent equip him and he is a good character to have.

GOTO is imo only useful on Dxun Freedon Nadd tomb, because he is one of the who can take out the turrets and the droids outside are kinda useful too when u take them out with the droidscrambler.

Anyhow HK47 is pretty elite but only with the right equipment.

-jim

I have to disagree. When I played KotOR Jolee and Juhani never left the ship. I used Bastila quite a bit, but that was mostly for her dialogs (I'm a sucker for a British accent.) Carth and Zalbaar never left the ship either. Normally my party would consist of Revan and either Bastila, Mission or Canderous. Once Bastila went MIA it was Revan, Canderous and Mission.

Canderous is a tank and should be used as such. His dexterity is too low to make him a good ranged fighter, so slap a pair of vibroblades in his hands (preferably Baragwin) and he could slice through the dark Jedi faster than my PC could.

Mission gets the sneak attack bonus on any NPC that can't respond to her attacks, so if your PC has either Stasis Field or Insanity, you can just stand back and watch her either blast away or slice and dice with impunity. Her high DEX gives her both a good defense and a high to hit with ranged weapons.

My preferred party for taking on the Star Forge is Canderous and Mission and I never had any problems. Hell, I've done the Star Forge solo and didn't find it all that difficult.

The droids are quite effective if you take the time to equip them properly. I've run the Star Forge with T3 and HK in tow at the same time. They acquitted themselves admirably. I don't think I used more than 20 repair kits till we reached Bastila in the map room.

Oh yes, before I forget. I liked HK in K1 and spent more than a little time exploring his dialog tree. In K2 he leaves me flat. He never leaves the ship and frankly, I feel a bit cheated for having taken the time to repair him.

Yes ... I only repair him to get him out of the storage room, so that he won't stand in Mira's way later in the game.

Maybe he was supposed to have more personality and backstory than he actually has (in KotOR 2), but again, that never made it into the released version of the game ... :luck:

I prefer to have a bunch of Jedi in my party but I will take HK if I feel the need for a ranged fighter. Plus I like his lines. :lol:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester