Freedom Force 2

Rhomal

Bought the new FF game.. While I like the story (very silver age comic book style) the dated graphics are very annoying.

I read previews about the updated engine yet I think they look WORSE then the first game.

If this is the kind of games that are going to be put out then I might as well return my new 6600GT card and put my old GF3 Ti200 back in. <_<

With that said, the animations are VERY well done, and the voice acting is entertaining.

I just wish the engine FX wise was as good as the rest of the game.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I just recently beat it, and I liked the previous FF a bit more. Maybe its because there were a larger variety of locales, and the story was tighter.

Still characters like Green Genie and Tombstone had cool designs.

I've ehard that while the game(s) seem to eb fun that there is very little (actually none) role-playing in it at all. That's too bad for a game hyping itself as a RPG.

Still though; it sounds like a series that would be a lot of fun if it actually existed; but alas it doesn't... at least not where I am...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

How's the hero creator and multiplayer?

More or less exactly the same as the first.

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I enjoyed the first one for it's campyness which I found charming and quite amuseing. I may check this out however graphics I'm not to terribly concerned with.

Volourn I tend to agree it's not a roleplaying game persay. However It's funny and oddly disturbing when games like Diablo are worsely accepted as such and get such hype adding insult to injury.

When the sequal 2 yrs later looks worse then then first I have to take issue with that. There is NO reason char models should look blocky with todays games and hardware.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

When the sequal 2 yrs later looks worse then then first I have to take issue with that. There is NO reason char models should look blocky with todays games and hardware.

I do not, disagree with you. However it all has to do with money. And the fact there trying to target a larger range of consumers. Who may not have a OOO Ahh 6600GT or some power house system. Though this being said there are games like Worlds of war craft and Guild War's which do have a fairly min requirement. Yet still look impressive, however it's an imperfect world.

FFv3R doesn't look worse than FF1, you better go to a doctor and check your eyes.  :)

And no, FF is not a RPG, but still a very kewl game worth getting it.

Perhaps my standards and expectations are higher then a few yrs ago.. heh ;)

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I do not, disagree with you. However it all has to do with money. And the fact there trying to  target a larger  range of  consumers. Who may not have a OOO Ahh 6600GT  or  some power house system.  Though this being said there are games like Worlds of war craft and Guild War's which do have  a fairly  min requirement. Yet still look impressive, however it's an imperfect world.

6600GT can be gotten online for $180. or so. Its not like its a $600. card. This is a average card in todats market IMO. As gamers, technology moves forward and we much move forward with it. Those who want to get 5 yrs out of their video card/cpu should think of a new hobby IMO. As this is a hobby they requires an investment every 12-18 months.

I understand they are aiming for the lowest common denominator to get the most sales, but that has proven to be a false theory. Look at Doom3, HL2, Sims 2, Vampire all require a above average system to run good and they have all been on the top 15 best sellers list for weeks. Thus I question the above logic by some developers.

Also I point out NWN 2. Its been stated clearly they are not shooting for the lowest common denominator as NWN 1 did.

No TNT2 16meg video card is going to run it.. ;)

so developers are moving in that direction. I am sad that IG has not though.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I do not, disagree with you. However it all has to do with money. And the fact there trying to  target a larger  range of  consumers. Who may not have a OOO Ahh 6600GT  or  some power house system.  Though this being said there are games like Worlds of war craft and Guild War's which do have  a fairly  min requirement. Yet still look impressive, however it's an imperfect world.

6600GT can be gotten online for $180. or so. Its not like its a $600. card. This is a average card in todats market IMO. As gamers, technology moves forward and we much move forward with it. Those who want to get 5 yrs out of their video card/cpu should think of a new hobby IMO. As this is a hobby they requires an investment every 12-18 months.

I understand they are aiming for the lowest common denominator to get the most sales, but that has proven to be a false theory. Look at Doom3, HL2, Sims 2, Vampire all require a above average system to run good and they have all been on the top 15 best sellers list for weeks. Thus I question the above logic by some developers.

Also I point out NWN 2. Its been stated clearly they are not shooting for the lowest common denominator as NWN 1 did.

No TNT2 16meg video card is going to run it.. :luck:

I can't believe you didn't mention Rome: Total War. Some of the larger scale battles in that game brought my system to a crawl whereas HL2, Bloodlines, Doom3, et al ran just fine.

It's not quite that simple. 6600GT cards care typically $350-$400 in Australia, for starters. Irrational sold 400k copies of FF...not bad but not in the league of the big name games and I doubt they have the luxury of Id or Valve to saturate a smaller market base.

Yes, those games are selling well (except, perhaps, Vampire :thumbsup: ) but look at the continuing sales of the original Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon (original series), Zoo Tycoon etc...all top 15 for years.

BTW, it FFv3R does look great and is a big improvement on the original. ;) It's a classic example of art over polygons.

I can't believe you didn't mention Rome: Total War. Some of the larger scale battles in that game brought my system to a crawl whereas HL2, Bloodlines, Doom3, et al ran just fine.

From my knowledge Bloodlines was especially hit hard by haveing been released the same day as half life 2(which was over hyped in my opinion as was the predictable doom).

Sales for Vampire/Bloodlines have not generally been to impressive unfortunate really, as for upgrade yes very true one must keep up to date with the times so to speak or so it would seem if of course one has the luxury of affording to.

However I would point out while yes that video card may cost 180$ USD. That however does not apply to all other part's of the world this being said were not all Americain citizins yet... Although I understand your comment was an example though it should be taken into account prices do vary!

However it's always quite amuseing to read various forums and hear how some one over clocked there 1.3ghz and play even with the horrible Fps I heard one such story on the world of warcraft forum where one fellow was getting around 10 fps and was still quite dedicated. Or even play with horrible under requirement preformance and still mildly enjoy them selves.

Though it shall more certainly be interesting to see what the future holds for gameing.

It's not quite that simple. 6600GT cards care typically $350-$400 in Australia, for starters. Irrational sold 400k copies of FF...not bad but not in the league of the big name games and I doubt they have the luxury of Id or Valve to saturate a smaller market base.

I tend to agree with you prices for card's even adverage ones can vary depending on your location which may not be finacially viable for some which is unfortunate but such is life.

Yes, those games are selling well (except, perhaps, Vampire ;) ) but look at the continuing sales of the original Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon (original series), Zoo Tycoon etc...all top 15 for years.

BTW, it FFv3R does look great and is a big improvement on the original. ;) It's a classic example of art over polygons.

Yes vampire was hit hard for various reason I believe one being it's rather darker theme which some did not enjoy and stability issues.

And I agree with you some of the classics are still makeing quite a bit, I tend to feel that one other reason why the graphics in freedom force may be not exceedingly up to par with some of peoples "lofty" Standards to day is Irrational and yes, this is I realize a fairly far fetched hypothsis on my part. Wanted to keep the games "retro" Feel.

P.s my replies are in the green.