Celebrating episode III: Kyla's fanart

Im sorry for breaking the cheerful mood of the thread. I things like that as just another reminder to live life and be as happy as you can. If you go around worrying all the time you'll miss the good parts.

now, back on track!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Im sorry for breaking the cheerful mood of the thread. I things like that as  just another reminder to live life and be as happy as you can. If you go around worrying all the time you'll miss the good parts.

I think you are more kindred with Albert Camus than Sigmund Freud ...

Good sketches Kyla. >_<

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That's nice! but if I get published, it'll be more by a small publishing house, because I don't have the drawing skills to be published by the big ones. In fact, I could already have signed a contract, but the publishing house was really a small one, with not much diffusion, so I decided to aim a bit higher, but not too much...

Unfortunately, unless it's a big success (which happens to one comic out of 3000, so fat chance...) it won't be translated... But could you tell me what titles have been published in english?

Okay, I know I said it would be a revan pic... But i'm gona color it, so here are a few attonisms to keep you waiting... Vey quick sketches to toy with his expressions, and what he would look ike if he were just a kid (lower left) Hope you'll enjoy anyway!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Marand/attonisms.jpg

Ah, I love expression sketches. Nicely done Kyla Carth. Thanks.

But could you tell me what titles have been published in english?

Hmm, not quite sure because I myself have never really collected European publishings before. Another thing is that because these titles were independently shipped in at a hight cost, they are all in shrink-wrapped condition so I can't browse through them either.

What titles do you have in mind? I'm going down tomorrow evening and maybe I could do some snooping for you. The guy who owns the shop knows his stuff.

That's nice! but if I get published, it'll be more by a small publishing house, because I don't have the drawing skills to be published by the big ones.

I find that very, very strange indeed. How can YOU not be good enough?! You're ready to go pro anytime by international standards.

Metadigital> Yeah Albert is much cooler than Sigmund :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Metadigital> Yeah Albert is much cooler than Sigmund :D

I went looking for the coverart for The Stranger and came up with an art linky:

Absurd Creation

Camus on Art:

If all the world were clear, art would not exist.

The true work of art is always on the human scale. It is essentially the one that says, 'less'.

It is impossible to give a clear account of the world, but art can teach us to reproduce it

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ive chosen this one since I really like how you did Revan and it has some strong sharp lines and thats helps alot, coloring uninked sketches takes ages because you have to do every little detail by hand. Itll be done in an hour or two.

coloringkyla.jpg

coloring done in Corel Painter IX

And here is the finished coloring. Now that Im looking at them side by side I cant help but say its much better as a pencil without color :D But I had fun doing it and I learned a thing or two along the way.

Cheers, Kyla!

(and Im not admitting where I f*cked up in the case noone should notice)

Now Im blushing too! :D It was just a bit of wacompad+painter magic... My favorite character would be either a Revan like above, but you were already working on one, right? So if you have the time and everything Id wish for..mm more Yuthura Ban? :-)

And seriously, dont let anyone tell you that you're not good enough, because either they're outright insane or just insanely snotty. Did a swiss publishers actually tell you that?

Excellent! i love Grievous too, but in the pic, he is about to kill aayla right? ...right?

No, cant you see they're about to make sweet but inter-special-carbon-based-vs-cyborg love? :shifty:"

Did you make this one, Kyla? It looks very, very digital. Also, I find this obsession with EpIIIs "to be anticlimaticly expediated by some n00b jedi" villain disturbing.

I think Barriss Offee is cololer than Aayla though.. but the male fanbase's headtail obsession make it difficult for the poor Miridalans to break thorugh the buzz. K2 only featured a single one and she was mean :)

yeah, I warned you... I AM a weird sicko with freaky tastes. And yes this one's from me for sure, but it's indeed digital, my first digital painting in fact...

the only thing that keeps me going about Grievous is that I'm not the only one... :shifty:

I wonder what the proper medical label for an "alien lifeform-cyborg alien" fetisch would be? Xenoartificiophilia? :D

And what program and equipment did you use? I only work with color and painty thins so Ive never done much linework, how do you get those perfectly smooth black lines? other than by use of skills? I remember flash had a tool that straightened/smoothed lines but I havent found anything similar in Photoshop or Painter