Celebrating episode III: Kyla's fanart

I feel like I'm gaining unusual insight into the secret desires of Kyla Carth :thumbsup:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

HAHA!!! Laozi, that was funny! you are so right about that... I love imagining twisted ways where atton gets to kiss the exile...

Oh, and I'm working on (well it's still only in my head, but...) a new comic from atton's pov, inspired by the beginning of the game. the only thing I can say is that I changed something about WHO tried to kill the exile while she was in the kolto tank...

Et salut

Apart from being very well-drawn, layout-ed and written, your comics are very addictive. I just want MORE!

hurry up and draw, damnit! :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

;)

Not for the felinephobic amongst is. I thought it was terrific. My cats are cooler, though.

Furry and Rocky. Rocky plays tag. Both know their names and come when called (although Rocky thinks his middle name is "naughty").

PS> Kyla your artwork is professional; if you don't work in the graphic industry then you might want to -- good graphic novel ideas, too. You could make your own KotOR comics! ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Is it a direct replacement of SH Character's with KOTOR characters, or simply inspired by the general feel of Doyle's universe?

Either would be cool. I thought Eisu's "Knights of Republic High" was great!

Btw, I think you've created the most tender exile yet...I wouldn't say she turns heads as she walks down the street, but she just shows an inner strength and a realistic depth of character that most of the "waif-exiles" I've seen. But thats just a rant against waif-like comic characters...

No it's a totally invented strory that happens in the beginning of the 20th century (hence the Sherlock holmes feel) and the two characters up there are not supposed to actually be carth and Atton. I just wanted to place them somewhere in my comic!

In fact it's quite a serious project (which also means I'm not allowed to explicitely put copyrighted characters in my project) that might be published eventually by an editor in europe (european comics have nothing to do with american comics... they are in a larger format, and in general 52 pages long). I've met the editor, and he wanted me to draw the five first boards of the comic, so he can geta general idea of my project. If he is satisfied when I show him what I'm working on these days (I should see him in two weeks or so...) than it's Yihaa!!! I'll sign a contract etc... Then if he still isn't satisfied with my work, he'll tell me to work my @ss off a bit harder, then come back with my new stuff and so on, until he is satisfied... that's how it goes....

And this is a panel from page 3 of this comic... Just two cops looking like my version of Atton and Carth having a chat about someone!

If you are interested, there is a link in my sig, and you'll find more stuff about this comic (character design, finished boards etc...)

If you are interested, there is a link in my sig, and you'll find more stuff about this comic (character design, finished boards etc...)

Ok, you are a disney/dreamworks animator. By that, I mean you are as good as they are if not better, because Disney has been on the rocks with creativity for a while now...excellent sketches! Hopefully it will be published and make its way as far east as me... :D

Great work!

By the by...will it be in english or French? Is the comic book business big in french? :rolleyes:

It will be in french... Yes the comic book business is quite big in France, Switzerland (Where I live) and Italy. Here a few titles that are really great comic books:

Blacksad (main comic book influence) Blacksad.jpg

Sky doll (from former disney animators Barbucci and Canepa, creators of the series Witch) SkyDoll.jpg

And here is Lock, from one of my best friends, Valp (Valentine) who helped me a lot with my comic book stuff:lock.jpg

It's really a shame you can't get these anywhere else... some have been translated, like wake (sillage in french)... becasue there is really high quality stuff there, and no one else in the world really is interested... very few european comic artists become famous (like mezieres, who did all the backgrounds on the fifth element or Enki Bilal who did immortal). mangas and anime are very popular around the world, too bad that didn't happen to european comics... it's a huge business, with like, 2500 new titles up every year...

I dont think it was translated... check it out on the net! the name is blacksad, and the author are Dian Canalez and Juanjo Guarnido.

It's really a shame you can't get these anywhere else... some have been translated, like wake (sillage in french)... becasue there is really high quality stuff there, and no one else in the world really is interested... very few european comic artists become famous (like mezieres, who did all the backgrounds on the fifth element or Enki Bilal who did immortal). mangas and anime are very popular around the world, too bad that didn't happen to european comics... it's a huge business, with like, 2500 new titles up every year...

I dont think it was translated... check it out on the net! the name is blacksad, and the author are Dian Canalez and Juanjo Guarnido.

Amazon has it in english! My literary needs are once again saved by those burly jungle women... :D

In Sweden we have a huge underground scene for comics of the artsy type and alot of these are being translated now. I wonder what its going to do for our reputation worldwide since some of them make japanese comics seem like baby food in comparison with the bizzarrity of our creations.

like:

11297.jpg

Bosnian Flat Dog -by Max Andersson

Sarajevo, Bosnia mid-ninties. War, chaos and the strange mutated creatures called "bosnian flatdog" roma the streets. Serb forces have a secret icecream factory that produces icecream that turns UN soldiers into mindless zombie-prostitutes. Meanwhile a man named Skledar has the mummified corpse of former dictator Tito hidden in a secret refrigirator, hidden among the dozens of refrigirators that fill his apartment. desperate for anything to keep the dictator cold and fresh, he craves the special icecream of the serbs.... and that is only one tenth of the story

bosnian-flat-dog.jpg

Swedish Un worker being ravaged by the desperate widows of Sarajevo

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wat zijn hier veel mensen die meerdere talen spreken, zeg.

And that concludes the dutch entry into this thread.

Cameos rock. I adore cameos.

I saw a movie based on Immortal. Had interesting images, but must have been one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.

I don't speak dutch but it is quite easy to understand... It's a mix between german english and french...

So, I speak french, english (my mother is american), german, swiss german, and a teeny tiny weeny bit of japanese (tried to learn it at university, but I left, because what I really want to do is comics and spend most courses drawing rather than learning, even if it is a fascinating language...)