The patch will never come out!

The problem isn't Obsidian, its Lucas Arts.  Lucas Arts has the patch and had it for weeks now.  Well, at least 2 weeks.

I know this, I've always known this...I've felt it ever since they rushed XWA out the door without giving it a second thought, then went and shafted Totally Games so they never wanted to make another flight sim for us :(

I've had it in for Lucasfarts for well over 7 years now, ever since they ditched everything they were really working on to make EP1 games that weren't worth the CD's they were printed on :lol:

I can forgive KOTOR and Republic Commando, because they have been the two notable exceptions on my list of greatest SW games ever, right up next to XWA and TIE Fighter....JK1 will always be better than JK2 or 3...I miss my old LSF days...Sigh.

KOTOR 2....It remains to be seen if Lucasfarts will take some time NOW to do the Q&A they should have been doing THEN....Lucasfarts is all about one thing: Credits...Oodles and oodles of creeeedits.

They went ballistic making cheap-as-hell prequel games that were console-only because they saw the wide open oppertunities for profit. Lucasfarts has even better business ethics than my favorite Ferengi do, honestly! ;)

I admire their ability to capture and eat whole an entire open market that George left wide open for his subsidiary companies to swallow, but I will never forgive them for their rushing their greatest games out the door to make more room for console kids'-playground s*it.

I mean, now ATI is making cell phones in 3D...I saw that, I knew right then and there that humanity has reached an all-time low. It's bad enough we've got people talking to their closet uh...Tramps...and ramming into everyone while their attention is diverted, but now we have to go a dozen cans BEYOND a six-pack with 3D Gaming Cellphones?

That's going to be like trying to have a laptop in front of you while you're driving! I don't know how things could get any worse...ATI and Lucasfarts must have married each other to be letting themselves use these horrible business ethics....Sigh.

It's been a downhill-run ever since '98 or so...First Win98 was kaput, then the mega-consoles started their runs and the rest is history...It saddens me to see the PC gaming industry continuing to take an endless downhill tumble without stopping to catch it's breath first.... :(

The problem isn't Obsidian, its Lucas Arts.  Lucas Arts has the patch and had it for weeks now.  Well, at least 2 weeks.

I know this, I've always known this...I've felt it ever since they rushed XWA out the door without giving it a second thought, then went and shafted Totally Games so they never wanted to make another flight sim for us ;)

<snip>

It's been a downhill-run ever since '98 or so...First Win98 was kaput, then the mega-consoles started their runs and the rest is history...It saddens me to see the PC gaming industry continuing to take an endless downhill tumble without stopping to catch it's breath first.... ;)

Uhoh.... Alaric, cool it. 98 was a bad year but let's not forget 2005. By 2005 everything will be upbeat again. See the future I can... hahaha...

This is going to be a good year.... KOTOR 2 gets patched with free additional content and the world goes on.... ;)

I know this, I've always known this...I've felt it ever since they rushed XWA out the door without giving it a second thought, then went and shafted Totally Games so they never wanted to make another flight sim for us ;)

<snip>

It's been a downhill-run ever since '98 or so...First Win98 was kaput, then the mega-consoles started their runs and the rest is history...It saddens me to see the PC gaming industry continuing to take an endless downhill tumble without stopping to catch it's breath first.... ;)

Uhoh.... Alaric, cool it. 98 was a bad year but let's not forget 2005. By 2005 everything will be upbeat again. See the future I can... hahaha...

This is going to be a good year.... KOTOR 2 gets patched with free additional content and the world goes on.... :)

Ah, but I was not entirely referring to K2 ;)

I was referring to the rest of Lucasfarts' current lineup for the next year. I see nothing at all worth even taking a look at...Republic Commando is pretty much the end of the line for me.

Until I see them recalling TG to make a new X-Wing/TIE sim, I will never trust LF like I did before...I used to blindly buy anything they made because they never really betrayed their customers until they rushed XWA to make room for that pile of crap EP1 game rush...I almost puked when I saw that Starfighter thing...You CANNOT have a *REALISITIC* flight sim with a console's 10-button controller ;)

A bunch of crap that sounds like a 13 year old wrote it.

Piece of advice?

Dial it back down, kiddo.

You're 23 and you come off like a 12 year old. I don't think anyone here takes what you have to say with any credibility. This may be the internet and you don't give a crap what we think...

But telling people to STFU is right out of the 13 year old Counter-Strike Forums.

Is that how you want to come off? Oops. Too late.

And as far as trolls... You're the one who comes on here with your high and mighty BS like *we* actually care what *you* have to say. Bye, bye!

A bunch of crap that sounds like a 13 year old wrote it.

Piece of advice?

Dial it back down, kiddo.

You're 23 and you come off like a 12 year old. I don't think anyone here takes what you have to say with any credibility. This may be the internet and you don't give a crap what we think...

But telling people to STFU is right out of the 13 year old Counter-Strike Forums.

Is that how you want to come off? Oops. Too late.

And as far as trolls... You're the one who comes on here with your high and mighty BS like *we* actually care what *you* have to say. Bye, bye!

My thoughts exactly....... I mean, Alaric, do you really think that because we complain about a faulty game and a patch long overdue - which btw we have every right to do - that that will affect the devs to say 'Well if they keep complaining then we will not release the patch and we will also remove the forums!'...... Well I don't think they will do that!!

We are entitled to disagree with you and to thinking that what Obsidian is doing is below average - WE BOUGHT THE GAME, we bought Obsidians product you know - it's YOU who don't have any right to dictate what we are allowed to do and what not to do!

And what we post isn't just some mindless spam, it's our points of view with feelings! And humoristic posts has a big part in us being able to laugh at the outrage that this game is, like when we say it's going to be released in a decade!

But if you disagree then make your own thread or at least control yourself with the STFU and all that, cause that's seriously childish....... I mean that's the first time I've seen anything like that in these forums!

If you have nothing POSITIVE to say, then please have a nice, big, juicy can of: SHUT THE **** UP! ;)
Okay, then lets link to the forgotten netiquette of past internet days Netiquette. Be nice anyway.

THEY ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO MAKE A PATCH AT ALL!
I agree...in terms of a content patch. But when you buy a DVD player and the player would sometimes speed up or general doesnt view most of your DVD's right, wouldnt you go to the store/fabricator and claim a working one? There are no problems to give back a dvdplayer, but its tricky with software. Here in austria I cannot give back software you allready opened (dont know how its handled elsewere). I encountered some unusal problems like heavy graphics errors, speed up dialouge, small sized videos, videos without audio, dantooine speed problems, windows sized start and gamma resets. For me this products has some flaws that I dont want to look over.

I am guessing it's taking so long because the patch is very complex. I base this guess on the fact that I've never played a game I've had so many different problems with before. Ever. And I played Daggerfall, before the patches! The weirdest problem I have is that KotOR2 overheats my graphics card! (Yes it's an ATI). I didn't even know that was possible to do by software means! Impressive. Other than that, there are CTD's, black screens, broken quests, broken dialogue choices. I even managed to get my little robot stuck in a wall..

I have faith that Obsidian will fix all these problems though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

THEY ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO MAKE A PATCH AT ALL!

Of course they are not. But would you buy a game from a company that offers no post-release support at all? I don't think so.

Absolutely right : we must not forget that Kotor2 is not shareware of freeware .

We gave money for this and i guess that a high percentage goes to the editor

(in this case Lucase Arts)

So why is there no patch after 1 month since the release date? o:)o:)

So, AlaricQelDroma,

We have a bugged game and the MODDERS should fix it?

Obsidian has your support in releasing games that some people can't play or have to tweak their PC for hours to make it work???

If this is common in the software/games bussiness it would be a total mess and every game should be avoided, usually companies like LA think: Release it FAST, get the CASH, then PATCH it up, if they don't do they, they SHOULD BRING A FULL GAME ON THE MARKET!!!.

Things like not patching is most likely a REQUIRED thing for Obsidian to do. You can say, no problem, you got the cash move on, but if a company gets a rep of having major Buggy Games without a load of Patches to fix them (fast) there next game could very well be their last. And since they have proven with KOTOR2 that they can make good games (if proper time is given, and even in this state it is quite amazing for just 1 year work) it would be a shame to loose them...

IMHO though.

OBS is not the only partner who deserves blame in this.  Lucasarts has a history of rushing games to production. I dont think I would ever buy another Jedi Knight game after playing Jedi Academy.  It was too much like Outcast.

You are more right than you know.

Even JO was supposed to be better than we got (it's still a good game, but it is apparent the design was rushed; typical corridor shooter since it is the Quake III engine)... But LA rushed that game out ahead of schedule as well to capitialize off Episode I's post release.

Exactly - Obsidian are doing their job under LucasArts' constraints. This means if LA want a rushed game, they get one. Obsidian doesn't make the decisions about when or in what state the game or a patch is released, LA do. I personally will most likely hold off buying any LucasArts game in future for at least a couple of months until I see what state it's in. I'd be far less dubious about buying another Obsidian game.

@Battlewookiee - that's exactly what happened with Vampire Bloodlines, when Acitivision decided that the best policy was to deny anything was wrong with the game and blame it on people running underspec systems (please - does my system look underspec?)

Man, some people have no freaking patience. HERE IS A FREAKING CLUE! Obsidian has finished the patch. It is done and over with. IT IS OUT OF THEIR FREAKING HANDS SO STOP YELLING AT OBSIDIAN! Lucas Arts has the patch now and they arre doing QA on it. IF YOU FREAK MONKEYS PAID ATTENTION TO WHEN THE DEVELOPERS POST HERE YOU WOULD KNOW THAT! If you are so impatient about getting the patch stop badging Obsidian about it and go after Lucas Arts. They are the one's holding it up.

Can't people grow a clue at least once?

HERE IS A FREAKING CLUE!  Obsidian has finished the patch.  It is done and over with.  IT IS OUT OF THEIR FREAKING HANDS SO STOP YELLING AT OBSIDIAN!  Lucas Arts has the patch now and they arre doing QA on it.

Are you so sure about that?

Some guy over at LucasArts' forums sent an email to them about the patch; here's the reply:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

We don't know when the developers will be finished. They are working hard to fix many issues with the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow wow wow... ! Something's itching me...

Hello,

We don't know when the developers will be finished. They are working hard to fix many issues with the game.

We live in a world filled with lies.

And you believe them? Maybe they've got it, maybe they haven't - there's no way we can confirm it. I find the notion of them bother to do Q&A on the patch rediculous. They can only have tested the game on the most generic system in the 1st place, so why start now?

HERE IS A FREAKING CLUE!  Obsidian has finished the patch.  It is done and over with.  IT IS OUT OF THEIR FREAKING HANDS SO STOP YELLING AT OBSIDIAN!  Lucas Arts has the patch now and they arre doing QA on it.

Are you so sure about that?

Some guy over at LucasArts' forums sent an email to them about the patch; here's the reply:

Hello,

Wow wow wow... ! Something's itching me...

Hello,

We live in a world filled with lies.

I personally heard a few times that obsidian has finished the patch and now lucasarts just testing it, I believe them and i'm angry of lucasarts and not on obsidian (I posted on their forum too), anyway we are not yelling at anyone, just pissed off and disappointed.

Probably LA's Q&A found some problems with the patch and reported the issue back to OE. What other purpose is testing good for...?!

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Probably LA's Q&A found some problems with the patch and reported the issue back to OE. What other purpose is testing good for...?!

You may be right about that. It's the only explanation for this extended wait that really makes sense. There are posts by Developers here, and at least one official announcement on the LucasArts forum, that the patch had been sent to LucasArts and was going through Q&A, so we know that the patch DID at least make it there, and it's probably done with Q&A by now. Since it hasn't been released yet, I think it's a safe bet that more work is being done on it.

On the bright side, from the Developer posts this week, it sounds as if they think it'll be finished... soon.