The patch will never come out!

Hasn't been that long since the PC came out has it?

Let's just hope the wait means it's a really big patch. *crosses fingers*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

been 2 months actually, and i havn't been able to play the game for more than a month and a half since it gets stuck with black screen (and i dont much feel like doing everything i've done up to the point i am again).

I think lucasarts forgot about us, where the hell is the damn patch already?

why the hell do you have to open a new thread only to show us your own impatience? Do us a favor and please post in existing threads, dammit

Because i'm pissed off to the sky.

I paid good money for this game and get nothing for it, like I just burned it.

P.S now I can't even start a new game here, lucasarts(!), come on already.

and i havn't been able to play the game for more than a month

Same here. I'm looking every day on the obsidian front page... and every single time all I can see is SOON. It's frustrating for all of us, to say the least. :thumbsup:

... and every single time all I can see is SOON. It's frustrating for all of us, to say the least. :luck:

If this was the "real world", Obsidian would be looking at multi-million dollar fines for failing to deliver a competent product and failure to provide needed tech support (i.e. patches), if they were dealing with the federal government instead of ordinary folks that just want to enjoy a computer game.

This is the stuff that acts of criminal negligence are made of. I've been stuck at a place in the game and didn't realize I was stuck until I'd already devoted 20-some hours to things that came after, and now I can't go back and fix it unless I revert to the save and go through it ALL OVER AGAIN :thumbsup:

Obsidian, TheForce.net just did a scathing editorial about this, and it's already been torn to pieces on the big game sites. You are LOSING this in every way: business, ethics, personal relationships with your customers, by not addressing this in a timely fashion... or even giving your customers - you know, the people who BOUGHT your game in full faith that YOU would stand by it and not abandon them - some reliable word to go on. This is the kind of thing that sinks companies. It's happened before and it'll happen again.

The only question now is: does Obsidian want to be one of those companies?

Calm down, all this hatred inside your heart can lead you to the dark side of the force

besides, i prefer a GOOD patch than an rushed one...

Id have preferred a good game rather than a rushed one. Looks like at least one of us will be happy then :luck: Still I admit I wanted the pc version shipped at the same time as the xbox version, glad that didn

Not only am I hoping for a good patch that fixes a lot of the bugs...

But that adds the restored content that had to be cut that fleshes out and actually FINISHES this game.

Go to the Spoilers Board and read the "Cut-Content Thread" and you will all see how much of a truly kick-ass game this could have been if LA hadn't gone down the Darkside Path of instant gratification and greed (Christmas '04) and let Obsidian just finish the game and release it NOW (as in March; April) instead of Janurary.

I know the game is basically a post-alpha, pre-beta... But I am more upset about the fact they sold us an unfinished game. Period.

Also...

The person whom said the games industry is the ONLY industry on the entire planet (aside from ilegal ones like black market weapons and such) where there is no accountability by the seller for selling incomplete and faulty (buggy) products is right, unfortnately.

Car manufactuers or even toaster-oven makers couldn't get away with what game publishers and developers do because there are government and third-party standards (safety and quality-wise) that those products MUST meet before they can be sold.

It is only going to get worse with big publishers gobbling up dev houses left and right and showing crappy, mainstream games down our throat that aren't even that good to begin with, but that aren't even finished or technically sound as well.

Doesn't matter to me since I am going to sell mine back to EB Games:) I don't like the bugs and since they aren't telling us what the patch will fix or when it is even comming out, I am choosing not to wait forever for a patch on this game since there are other playable games out there that are just as good that I can play. I am not buying another LucasArts product again.

Same here. I'm looking every day on the obsidian front page... and every single time all I can see is SOON. It's frustrating for all of us, to say the least. :p

Exactly what I'm thinking..... when the patch finally comes out.... in the year 2345..... and if they haven't fixed alot of the bugs, if not all of them, then I'm going to be pissed! And if Obsidian wants to atone for the insult that this game is, they better fix the ending for a starter, make the last planet at least somewhat acceptable....... and make the bosses more fun to fight instead of just pounding on each other!!

Edit: Also one of the reasons why I'm so ancious at getting the new patch is because I've just bought a new GPU, I've bought a 6800 128 MB and right away I put the KotOR 2 in the pc..... and it looks amazing from what it looked like before..... btw, I went from a GeForce 4 MX 440 to the new one and there is a HUGE difference!

The only way that extra stuff will come in is if people mod it. There's more than enough real issues for them to deal with in this patch (and probably the next one) as it is without adding more content. Do we even know how far this material was developed? If it's coded they might just do it, but I don't seem them putting any more than minimal effort into it (though I do remember that bonus content was added to the Icewind Dale expansion after fans complained it was too thin on the ground).

Maybe the patch will come free with Duke Nukem Forever.

Alright, I am getting SICK AND TIRED of hearing this inane babble all of the time when I come here!

If you have nothing POSITIVE to say, then please have a nice, big, juicy can of: SHUT THE **** UP! >_<

I mean, these people are putting their asses on the line for us by even listening to our problems to try and make a patch.

THEY ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO MAKE A PATCH AT ALL!

Anyone with any REAL experience in the PC gaming universe KNOWS that there are certain "rules" that pertain to patching a game, versus modding a game.

The majority of gameplay exploits and spelling errors can be modded to work better, this is not a patch item as far as I am concerned.

The only things that need to be fixed are the slideshows in certain areas of the game, the horrid music quality (a very simple re-encoding and compression to gZip can fix that entire problem faster than an A-Wing can fly), and of course the missing content.

The other problems that people are having are either dependant upon ATI/NVidia driver flaws (which can be repaired by people who know how to screw around with their driver files to find a combo that works right), flaws with the gameplay that people have not released mods to fix yet, and other assorted issues that really should not have time wasted on fixing anyway.

If you people continue slandering these guys, they may indeed pull these boards off the net and tell us all to be well and get ****ed and have a nice gameplay experience as it is!

Let me inform you again in case you've missed my point:

If you keep slandering and utterly bothering the devs, they will not have enough time to actually work on these problems, instead they will be worrying about which moderator they can actually trust to get rid of you damned spamming children who insist upon attacking the people who MADE this game in the first place!

Stop wasting the devs time, and everyone else who's reasonable time! Pissing and bitchin' about all this is *NOT* going to make them work any faster.

The devs have real work to do, and they have become distracted in trying to get rid of all you troll-spam-tramps that grace these wonderful boards with your daunting presence. Stop spamming to get attention and let them work, and this patch may actually see the light of day before the month is over, GOT IT?!

I hate to be the devil's advocate here, because I don't really like Lucasfarts much myself, I still blame them for rushing XWA all those years ago to make room for prequel nonsense, and for not even considering making another flight sim since.

Don't get me wrong guys, I don't much like Lucasfarts either, but let's face it: If they hadn't taken all this time out of their lives to make a game of this incredible depth for us, where would we be doing now? Playing more JK spin-offs and hopelessly childish prequel nonsense, or even better, pay $200 per year to play Galaxies? PAH! KOTOR is very nearly the Holy Grail of EUSW, because it doesn't cost money per month, and it doesn't have FPS gameplay.

These guys deserve more from you people than you think...They really do, and you are doing them a terrible dis-service by attacking them such as you are.

Yes, soon.  Say it with me in a low breath.  Soon.  Soon.  Soon.  Let it be your mantra of inner peace.  Soon.  Soon.  Soon.  :thumbsup:

Hm...I dislike these "soon" things as much as I hate the flame-tramps-trolls that endlessly grace these boards...

Instead of "soon", I guess it should say "When you leave us alone so we can get our work done" ;)