Maximization problem with window

Now, this isn't a terrible bug that makes the game unplayable, but it's certainly annoying.

When I open up KOTOR2, it comes up with that splash screen, and I click Game.

When it loads up the game, it loads it up in windowed mode for some reason and forces me to manually maximize the window.

As I said this isn't some game destroying bug, but it's certainly annoying and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it.

Once again, Specs are:

2GHz Athlon XP 2400+

Radeon 9800 Pro (128 MB, Catalyst 5.3)

Windows XP SP2

Sound Blaster Live! (latest drivers)

Thanks again! =)

Heh...I got that too when I 1st installed it...I'm not sure what I did to fix it - because I didn't consciously try and fix it - I think all I did was mess with in-game and desktop resolutions and refresh rates and at some point it went away.

Like maybe it has a problem if the two aren't the similar enough. I also found the game to run better (for me) if I used my graphic card (turned off allowing the application to control settings) to determine anti-aliasing settings instead of using the in-game sliders.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

OK, the fix for this maximization problem is to enable FullScreen in your Swkotor2.ini file in your game directory...........

Look for that Swkotor2 ini file, on mine the Fullscreen=0 line is there already simply change the 0 (zero) to 1 in order to make fullscreen permanent.

I had this stupid fullscreen bug when I ran the game at 1280 x 1024 and the game kept reverting back to fullscreen and display is corrupted.

Now I run the game at 1024 x 768 fullscreen no problems!

I re-iterate - that swkotor2.ini file does nothing on my system. Do you need some kwe file to get it work, or do something else?

I mean, the default install doesn't even put the dialog file on the HD, and people tell you it's there - like they moved it there so they could use a program to mod dialog.

But I'm unconvinced that a regular install of the game allows these things.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

OK, the fix for this maximization problem is to enable FullScreen in your Swkotor2.ini file in your game directory

I did this and it worked. However, to clarify for the people that are having the same problem, you have to set FullScreen=1 in the [Graphics options] section of the ini file. There is another FullScreen option in the [Display options] section that has apparently nothing to do with the startup fullscreen setting.

Thanks for the help!

I re-iterate - that swkotor2.ini file does nothing on my system. Do you need some kwe file to get it work, or do something else?

I mean, the default install doesn't even put the dialog file on the HD, and people tell you it's there - like they moved it there so they could use a program to mod dialog.

But I'm unconvinced that a regular install of the game allows these things.

Sounds like your install is screwed. The .ini file contains all the config settings for the game, so there is no way it does nothing on your system. Dialog.tlk is in the SWKOTOR2 directory by default.

Hmm...intriguing. I haven't had any problems with the game at all, if my install is screwed, well..it's not behaving like it. No missing dialogues far as I can tell, no errors, no crashing, etc. Few minor occasional graphic glictches that's about it.

When I change things in that ini file it does nothing that I notice. And I don't think I'm the only one.

EDIT - but maybe I just don't notice. Wouldn't surprise me. I know that dialogue file wasn't there tho - cause there was a post about it earlier and I checked and while there was a dialoge file of some kind in my folder, it didn't have the .tlk extension.