Inf Experience And Lightside??(possible spoilers)

I've played through the game a dozen or so times as a male jedi..usually without exploiting one of the bugs in the x-box version of the game. I've heard about the infinite Hsiss..but I also know that you regenerate force points so slowly it's not even sane...So..my question posed is this. I want my character to play light-side..though I dont mind deferring to dark, at some point it's bound to happen..but I'd also like Mira in the group..and I want a light side prestige class. Would it be better to take a consular to level 20 and use the exploit and just not take the levels while in the crypt and wait for the experience bar to max out or would it be easier to go through as light side until prestige class..then go dark side and then back again..? Or is there another bug that is as profitable, that could do pretty much the same?

I know about the Nar Shada sick man bug..but that would take forever...especially when killing 3 hsiss(which I could do with a lightsaber) would get as many exp in less time than going through the conversation options.

Some lightsiders actually cannot be killed in the Hssiss glitch - try equipping something with regeneration and letting them beat you to death, and see if you actually die (save first, obviously). You may not need to waste medpacks.

And make sure you have at least two ranks of drain Force, one rank did nothing.

XD no...didnt inspire my name though it is rather funny :D . My friends call me 'kitty' and I've been using 'with a lightsaber' for some time on random forums that i visit like SWAG.

I meant for the 'near death' thing. I think I read somewhere that you couldnt actually DIE in the tombs..but if you fell to zero health you would take an alignment hit and get back up...Not sure on this though.

Hmm. I'll have to try it out.

I was also wondering about the mine glitch. I heard somewhere that placing and recovering mines repeatedly gave experience too? Is this true? And does it work on the X-Box as well?

I know it sounds a bit power-hungry...But I'm ready to get everything I can out of the game now. :)

Mine trick works on the PC, I imagine it still works on the Xbox.

It's easier and you can do it anytime you want - and at higher chr lvls it's probably quite a bit faster - but you will get sick of setting and taking back up mines.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, this is simpler than it sounds.

Get Mira and prestige class. Then start doing dark side things, enough so that you can regen in the cave. Then do however much Hsiss you want. Finally, go to the Kreia encounter (in the cave) and use the alignment exploit (gamefaqs has details, I believe) to get all your light side stuff back.

That would probably work.

I don't understand what your alignment has to do with it? Take level 3 of the lightning thingummy, I forget what it's called, high charisma and stick on your Force Form that allows fst regeneration of Force Points and higher Force Damage rather than a lightsaber form.

Stand on the raised area and only a maximum of 3 Hssiss will be able to attack you. One from the front and, if you're unlucky, one either side. The rest just crowd around the front getting slaughtered by your lightning stuff.

I did this with a DS character and it worked fine. My force points were barely going down. With a LS character it will probably be harder but with a high enough Wisdom and Charisa rating it should be doable.

Alignment in the Hssiss trick is important because Light siders do not regenerate their Force points in that tomb. So tossing out constant lightning doesn't work very well.......

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I did this with a DS character and it worked fine. My force points were barely going down. With a LS character it will probably be harder but with a high enough Wisdom and Charisa rating it should be doable.

Lightside characters dont regenerate force points or if they do it's at an inperceptable level. Since you only get one shot at the caves once your out of force points you Hissis fighting time is done. Because even with a high AC they will hit you a lot and since healing is force related too your stuck with melee and health packs.

DS is very easy. Force Drain, Death Field and Force Storm and the only limiting factor then is how soon you will get bored. Takes about 45 minutes to max out your levels I think.

I've never played an LS character with that many DS powers though it seems feasable to do it , as long as you keep an eye on your forcepoints.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Lightside characters dont regenerate force points or if they do it's at an inperceptable level. Since you only get one shot at the caves once your out of force points you Hissis fighting time is done. Because even with a high AC they will hit you a lot and since healing is force related too your stuck with melee and health packs.

DS is very easy. Force Drain, Death Field and Force Storm and the only limiting factor then is how soon you will get bored. Takes about 45 minutes to max out your levels I think.

I've never played an LS character with that many DS powers though it seems feasable to do it , as long as you keep an eye on your forcepoints.

You can do it. I was a consular/jedi master with force storm. I managed 3 rounds and ran out of fp. But i went on and did the kreia and revan bits and my fp got refreshed so went back and did it again 3 time b4 they ran out again.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Just use Master force drain for a lightsider. Still it was the only part in the game where the character needed it and it seemed like such a waste to invest 3 force powers and levels just to do the Korriban exploit.

Lightsiders can wear the Force Focusin visor (if they managed to obtain one to regenerate 2 force points per round) and a Jedi Knight/Master robe to regenerate 1 force point per round. Will still take forever to get your force points back :- .

I would rather do the harvesting mines trick than that LOL.

Just use Master force drain for a lightsider.  Still it was the only part in the game where the character needed it and it seemed like such a waste to invest 3 force powers and levels just to do the Korriban exploit.

Then again if you do , you will have more levels and more force powers than you will ever need anyway.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You only really need two levels of Drain Force. That's all I ever take. Drain them (usually once, but sometimes more) then Storm them. If you equip a regenerative item, you won't even need to Master Heal, because you won't die. )Note: save and test this just to be sure - it works every time for me - a biorestorative underlay - but I'd hate for someone else's game to mess up, just in case).

(This is my ls strategy, btw).

Well, I'm still stuck on telos >.<, I like to take my time...but I'm hopeing to use the mine trick to hit level fifteen at least before I reach the surface. Then As soon as I leave there I'll be running to korriban to try it out so I'll keep posted. Regen's one of my favorite things about the game, I usually use the rebreather mask and a bio-restore underlay :D.

Currently I am busy with the Hssiss trick as a LS Master Sentinel / Weapons master. This Master Force drain power doesn't work for me. What I do is I equip myself with a Jedi Knight Robe + Biorestorative underlay Mk V, Use Master Force Body and Master Speed as force powers. Further I use Hyper Adrenal Strenght and Echani Batlle Stimulant. I use the Yujo Lightsaber style and 2 lightsabers (1 Short) with my personal crystal / Nextor in the first. Second a velmorite / Opila combination and the most damaging + Mc cells / emitters / lenses. You would be surprised how many critical hits you achieve with this Yujo style. Hits easily exceeding 150 damage on the Hssiss's (Highest I got is 192).

Before I forget, buy a lot of Advanced medpacs from Kex in the Mandalorian camp and convert them to Live support packs (I take about 300 with me in the Tomb). Especially now that I am on level 48 the Hssiss's are getting much tougher. They hit you harder then you were on level 42 for example. O yeah, with the Jedi Knight robe and master force body I never had a problem with the Force draining to more then say 75% of all your power.

Master Vandar lives!