Ancient Sith

I'm thinking of starting a fanfic about a Sith Lord during or shortly nearby the Golden Age of the Sith, and I need to know about the caste system and other higherarchies involved with the Ancient Sith. I think I already know who and what are going to be involved, but I would like to know the above info.

The Dark Lord may be Tulak Hord, but I'm not sure... Nobody will probably see this, anyway (except my friends, for a laugh), but I would like some help. Thanks!

P.S. I already know the History and location of the Empire, I would just like to know about the social system, so I can get the characters right. Once again, any help is appreciated!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I'll broaden the category, then! Tell me ANYTHING you know about the Ancient Sith. PLEASE! :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

I don't know much about the social structure and all that back then, sorry man. But if you get it worked out I'd like to see it haha.

I've always been fascinated with the ancient Sith far more than the new ones.....especially around the mark when the Jedi last thought them to be around...1000 years before Episode 1 and all that.....

I wrote alittle bit of fan fic myself but anyways, goodluck haha

Hey wheres nur ab sal when u neeed him

Well you could write one about the creation of the Sith.

I don't know much about that timeline, but that's the beauty of fics, you can write whatever you want.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Already made one about creation of the Sith, now I wanna go into the discovery and Malachor and whatnot... I'll let you know how it goes!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Does anybody know anything? Great, when people talk about Nihilus and True Sith, everybody jumps out talking about the Sith Species, yet when I WANT to hear about them, nobody speaks up! :p

Geekified Star Wars Geek

The Golden Age of the Sith was when? Directly after the death of Marka Ragnos or during?

I really don't know much except from what I've read in the comics. I don't know anything the political or power system except that there seemed to be a Dark Lord of the Sith(Marka Ragnos) that had ultimate power. Then there were the lesser Sith Lords beneath him.(Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh)

At Ragnos' death, Kressh and Sadow battle for the title of Dark Lord but are interrupted by some unexpected guests.

Golden Age was shortly before and abruptly after Marka Ragnos, in 7000 BBY or so...

Here's what I have timeline wise worked out:

It'll occur 7100/7200 BBY or so (A couple of Dark Lords before Ragnos' Reign... I may include his birth or Malachor taking him as a student, but I probably won't, just so Malachor's/Revan's/Atris's Story will remain their own... Oops, I just gave away two hidden characters at the beginning...)

The Current Dark Lord will be Tulak Hord, the Warrior (He'll probably end up being one of the Pure Dark Jedi)

Malachor (the person that eventually discovers M5 and its system, naming it after himself) is an aspiring Sith Lord, and is planning to kill his Master, Stultais (in SW Latin tradition).

I have the ending worked out, and the beginning, I just need to fill in a couple of plot details during his lifespan, and I'll start writing...

@ Nihilius: Do you know anything about their social structure, like if all the Sith Species were slaves or if they had some equality and everybody could join a certain 'team', and if the Sith Lords all had individual relms and whatnot? I know the history, and this doesn't conflict with it, so any help would be appreciated!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

I could help you help man that I know alot of the Sith.

There were 3 classes of Sith Species which are Slaves who are brutality tortured and some get to spend their lifes in enclosed tombs with spirits for life. Massassi are the warrior species or sect that they are like stormtroopers and also they don't have any midiclorians from birth but the Sith Magicians are like higher ranking system of their social structure.

I have to go but I will tell more when I am back

Cheers

So, Slaves I know. Massassi are genetically tampered Sith, right? Sorry, I never actually went into detail into the Old Sith (I read the history and Lords, etc., though).

Sith Magicians are like the Nobles when it comes to the Blood Sith...?

Did the Dark Jedi divide up in a certain way, or is this unknown. If so, I'll make something up! :luck:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heres what i gathered:

The sith where an ancient race who lived on Korriban, many archalogiests note they were behind technology wise but there knowledge of the force and their secrets where far beyond jedi comprehension.

KOTOR 1 : Sith Archeoloist

mentions something about a dangerous powersource the anceint sith may have used ( he also mentions that that type of power used is far outdated and was very flamable )

Kotor 1 : Sith Archeolist

Mentions something of the lower valleys that havnt been discovered yet (this could have some great importance)

Kotor 1,2 : Kriea, and Sith Teacher (?)

Speaks about how Dark jedi came to korriban to find another race here and accepted them there however the sith hated all jedi and didnt trust them. hence they never went far from high surface pints. Many Non-sith wouldnt dare go into the depths of korriban. ( The sith could be still alive )

History of The Sith ( Builders of the Star Forge )

20,000Y : Star Forge Completed

19,000Y : Sith race Disspears, Star maps hidden

10,000Y- 7000Y : Era of the Greater Dark Lords

3000Y : Exar Kun and the Sith Empire

3Y : Revan restores Sith Empire and it's teachings

Present: Era of the "False" sith lords

whats to come?

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

The Rakatan had nothing to do with the starforge. They were the builders, they sith where the creators. korriban has a hologram thing in one room where bastilia speaks about revan and the starforge's connection to the sith. The Rakata were thought to be primitive even by revan. He betrayed the rakata, he no longer had a use for them. The sith built the star maps, the rakata most likely are responsible for their disspearance. since they were the ones that hid the star maps.

Please note that the temple was built by the sith. All the interior design and shape was by sith. Just look around, the sith obviously built the temple that shields the star forge, and keeps it in orbit, That is proof enough.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

Heres what i gathered:

The sith where an ancient race who lived on Korriban, many archalogiests note they were behind technology wise but there knowledge of the force and their secrets where far beyond jedi comprehension.

KOTOR 1 : Sith Archeoloist

mentions something about a dangerous powersource the anceint sith may have used ( he also mentions that that type of power used is far outdated and was very flamable )

Kotor 1 : Sith Archeolist

Mentions something of the lower valleys that havnt been discovered yet (this could have some great importance)

Kotor 1,2 : Kriea, and Sith Teacher (?)

Speaks about how  Dark jedi came to korriban to find another race here and accepted them there however the sith hated all jedi and didnt trust them. hence they never went far from high surface pints. Many Non-sith wouldnt dare go into the depths of korriban. ( The sith could be still alive )

History of The Sith ( Builders of the Star Forge )

20,000Y : Star Forge Completed

19,000Y : Sith race Disspears, Star maps hidden

10,000Y- 7000Y : Era of the Greater Dark Lords

3000Y : Exar Kun and the Sith Empire

3Y : Revan restores Sith Empire and it's teachings

Present: Era of the "False" sith lords

whats to come?

Where the heck did you get that??? :blink:

Exar Kun lived 40 yrs. Before Kotor I, not 3000...

30000 BBY: Rakatan bask in the power of the Star Forge

25000 BBY: Infinite Empire vanishes due to a plague (possibly made by the Sith), civil War, and Rebellion by the slaves

25000-20000 BBY: Somewhere in here the Republic and the Jedi Order are founded. The Great Shism occurs.

6000-5000 BBY: First known Dark Lords reign (other than Ajunta Pall). Sith are purpordedly wiped out, but nobody bothers to make sure. :p

4000 BBY: Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma hit hard, but Exar dies before his Empire is even able to think about starting!

3600 BBY: Darth Revan and Malak hit just as hard, with more extensive effects, STILL NO EMPIRE!

2000 BBY: Some Jedi finds old Sith teachings, and restarts the Sith Order. BUT NO EMPIRE!

1000 BBY: Darth Bane and his restructuring occur. Stealth is key, and the Dark Side is "limited", so only 2 can ever use it. Poor fool. :thumbsup:

0 BBY: Battle of Yavin, Galactic Empire!

These years are aproximations, and are on many official sites. :geek:

The Rakatan had nothing to do with the starforge. They were the builders, they sith where the creators. korriban has a hologram thing in one room where bastilia speaks about revan and the starforge's connection to the sith. The Rakata were thought to be primitive even by revan. He betrayed the rakata, he no longer had a use for them. The sith built the star maps, the rakata most likely are responsible for their disspearance. since they were the ones that  hid the star maps.

Please note that the temple was built by the sith. All the interior design and shape was by sith. Just look around, the sith obviously built the temple that shields the star forge, and keeps it in orbit, That is proof enough.

The Rakata designed and built the Star Forge. This was the pinnacle of their Empire. The Sith were puny slaves that possibly created the plague that helped wip them out.

Rakata built the Maps as monuments to their power. The Rakata weren't primitive! Where the heck did Revan say that? They infused the power of the Dark Side into technology, which only the GREATEST Sith Lords managed to do 18000 Years later!!!!

The Sith species lived until 5000 BBY, which is around the time the foolish Sadow took power. They were allegedly wiped out, but nobody in the Republic was smart enough to check. Even in the comics, they leave after Sadow blows the star, not bothering to check what happens after. Not everyone was loyal to Sadow, and some could have gone to different worlds, instead of Yavin IV... There is no disproof of this.

The Sith were primitive beings, skilled in Alchemy and the Dark Side of the Force. However, they lacked the training that the Dark Jedi had, so the Dark Jedi took control. The Sith had no idea of space travel! Or, if they did, not to the extent of the Lords!

The Rakatan built the temple, Star Forge, and Maps! It says this thousands of time over! The Rakatan are the builders!

As for the Star Maps, Ajunta said that they had something that made them strong. Perhaps it was the energy around the Star Map, but Ajunta said that it wasn't on Korriban OR the Star Forge. Ajunta was thousands of years after the Rakata, for pities sake!

Dude, you REALLY need to check your sources! :geek: :ph34r:

Edit: And Bastila says "Knowing of the Builders and their fate, I don't think that Revan intended to use the Forge very long." This is talking about how the Star Forge twisted the thoughts of any that use it until a massive Civil War came up, and how it cut off the Rakatan "gene" that allowed them to use the Force. I'll replay Kotor I just to prove it!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Maybe this will clear things up for you

*It is a SITH TEMPLE

*The Star Forge was never used prior to Revan restoring the Sith

*The Star Forge was neve used due to THE DISAPEARANCE OF THE SITH

The Rakata were mere slaves to the Sith, they built it because they wanted to Understand the Force or what they considered to be "Magic" The Rakata never understood the force, and the Sith betrayed them.

Your dates are all right i was estimating times, exar kun was right but everything else is right. And the Rakata never truely had an empire, they are just stupid keepers of useless knowledge.

where you get the facts of the Rakata Empire is beyond me.

Even SW materials, and the databank for that matter say nothing of Rakata being in control. Revan tricked them and gained control to the temple, where in fact he gained power over the starforge which the rakata never thought revan could do. The Temple was made by the sith. All and all the temple ensures the ownership of the star forge to the sith.

The rakata are not evil either they would never be able to control such a large artifact of great evil. Only the Sith would be able to think of something like this. Some rakata did bathe in its darkness but the rakata are not like this naturally. The rakata stick to their own traditions but are curious about the force or in their culture are considered "magic". the rakata were under the idea they would be able to control the power of the star forge. The fools didnt even understand its power and its purpose. Im suprised Revan and Malak didnt slaughter them, those fools deserve it.

WHen i speak of the Sith i'm not talking about stupid Dark jedi. Im talking about the race. The sith where ingrained with the dark side of the force. The sith teachings come from the sith ( obviously ) even tho the sith werent technollogically advanced there knowlledge of the force made up for that.

AND YES THE STUPID RAKATA BUILT THE GOD-DAMNED THING!

But the Sith were there masters and the darkness that clings to the Star Forge and the presence of that energy would never be possible by the non-force sensitive Rakata.

So this supports

SITH DESIGN

BUILT BY THE RAKATA

*It is a SITH TEMPLE

The Rakata were mere slaves to the Sith, they built it because they wanted to Understand the Force or what they considered to be "Magic" The Rakata never understood the force, and the Sith betrayed them.

Your dates are all right i was estimating times, exar kun was right but everything else is right. And the Rakata never truely had an empire, they are just stupid keepers of useless knowledge.

Even SW materials, and the databank for that matter say nothing of Rakata being in control. Revan tricked them and gained control to the temple, where in fact he gained power over the starforge which the rakata never thought revan could do. The Temple was made by the sith. All and all the temple ensures the ownership of the star forge to the sith.

The rakata are not evil either they would never be able to control such a large artifact of great evil. Only the Sith would be able to think of something like this. Some rakata did bathe in its darkness but the rakata are not like this naturally. The rakata stick to their own traditions but are curious about the force or in their culture are considered "magic". the rakata were under the idea they would be  able to control the power of the star forge. The fools didnt even understand its power and its purpose. Im suprised Revan and Malak didnt slaughter them, those fools deserve it.

WHen i speak of the Sith i'm not talking about stupid Dark jedi. Im talking about the race. The sith where ingrained with the dark side of the force. The sith teachings come from the sith ( obviously ) even tho the sith werent technollogically advanced there knowlledge of the force made up for that.

But the Sith were there masters and the darkness that clings to the Star Forge and the presence of that energy would never be possible by the non-force sensitive Rakata.

So this supports

SITH DESIGN

BUILT BY THE RAKATA

Your wrong, Starforge and Starmaps was created and built by the Rakatan people and they were the Infinite Empire before the collapse by the unknown plague and that was over 25,000 years ago long before the Republic and Jedi. They had millions of slaves and Rakatan were the ones who made tatooine to be a desert that Tusken Storyteller told Revan. Thats why they abandon their ways and forgotten about them in a way but the Elders know of their history. Ancient Sith never went to their homeworld and conquer the Starforge or Sith would've won ages ago when Naga Sadow was Dark Lord.

*It is a SITH TEMPLE

The rakata are not evil either they would never be able to control such a large artifact of great evil. Only the Sith would be able to think of something like this. Some rakata did bathe in its darkness but the rakata are not like this naturally. The rakata stick to their own traditions but are curious about the force or in their culture are considered "magic". the rakata were under the idea they would be  able to control the power of the star forge. The fools didnt even understand its power and its purpose. Im suprised Revan and Malak didnt slaughter them, those fools deserve it.

So this supports

SITH DESIGN

BUILT BY THE RAKATA

Rubbish, play KotOR 1 again please.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So, Slaves I know. Massassi are genetically tampered Sith, right? Sorry, I never actually went into detail into the Old Sith (I read the history and Lords, etc., though).

Sith Magicians are like the Nobles when it comes to the Blood Sith...?

Did the Dark Jedi divide up in a certain way, or is this unknown. If so, I'll make something up! :lol:

There were normal Massassi who weren't sith achemical before the collapse of Sith Empire. When Naga Sadow was defeated, he used alchemical apparatus to modified his Massassi to become Mutated Massassi. The Sith homeworld is Ziost and people think Korriban is the homeworld of the Sith but its the tombworld. My friend has one hell of collection of Force related stuff on his site Force Users Information Site

Blood Sith are 3 types of their classes. Sith Magicians are more like the dominant class which only they can govern the Sith and its territories. Umm dunno about dividing. Ancient Sith interbreed with Dark Jedi which there would be some problems when humans breeds with insectiods but the problems would be gone through a series of generations. Naga Sadow is a half breed of Massassi and Human for example.

There are two things I hate, ignorance and the dutch.

(Ok there are more)

Now I hope this finaly sink in ... I doubt it because some people are so blind with the ignorance that even when exposed to the facts instead of trying to prove such facts as wrong (and since they are not they realize they were wrong in the first place) keep pressing their ignorance.

The sith race was a primative race when discovered by the fleeing fallen jedi fraction that lost in the "argument" (more like internal war) of the use of the dark side of the Force and when they seen those former Jedi they worshiped then as gods.

And do the Sith Empire was born, eventually as millenia passed the Jedi Order and the Republic existence became a myth until Marka Ragna funeral that lead to the Great Hyperspace War and the destruction of the Sith Empire.

drakron.png