Why Darth Sion?

Guest Damar Stiehl

arg. and no one thinks of most obvious solution? and i need to register to show it to you?

sion's body, flesh and bone is shattered into thousands of pieces that are "sewn" together by Force.

Also, Darth Stich was already taken by some furry blue monster.

now meditate on that one. :ph34r: :-"

arg. and no one thinks of most obvious solution? and i need to register to show it to you?

sion's body, flesh and bone is shattered into thousands of  pieces that are "sewn" together by Force.

Also, Darth Stich was already taken by some furry blue monster.

now meditate on that one.  :ph34r:  :-"

:-

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Ooh, the Priory of Sion.  Memories of Gabriel Knight 3 and the Abbe's French accent.

As for Darth Sion, it sounds cool (I guess), and to be honest, I think they're running out of things that sound cool.  'Darth Grievous' is pushing it a bit in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure there's no "Darth" in front of Grievous. Just General Grievous.

Grievious?

Where did anyone hear  he is a "Darth"?

Hmmm, thought I heard it somewhere. But probably not in anything official, so I guess I was wrong.

However, the point holds for General Grievous and Darth Tyrannus. i.e. that they're having trouble finding names for villains that don't sound a bit silly. Sion was actually a pretty good name.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I definitely subscribe to the Malak/Malach=Angel

Dark Angel- oh yes!

In the end it just comes doen to what "sounds cool".

I mean that Sion etc....business. Sounds like he's a Dark monk of some sort, more than any particularly religious/Jewish/whatever reference.

OK.

Darth Traya betrays.

Darth Nihilus annihilates.

Darth Tyrannus is tyrannical.

Darth Sidious is insidious.

And of course Darth Vader is the Dark Father.

But what is up with Darth Sion? I can't seem to dredge up any useful hits on the forum search, so: why Sion? Is he supposed to be a scion? Or is he somehow Jewish? Or is he representing commune SW central Switzerland capital of Valais population 25,350?

Sorry it it was already discussed...

Maybe "Sion" is shortened from "lesion", meaning extreme scars and welts on the skin (would fit :thumbsup: )

Or maybe LucasArts and Obsidian is sending a secret message to the Prieure de Sion that the time is ripe for the Plantard/St. Claire family to claim the throne over all Europe as the rightful descendants of Jesus Christ through his marriage to Mary Magdalene. Yes friends and neighbors, the Merovingians are back and George Lucas is their herald!!

(Wondering how many people who never read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" will get that :luck: )

traya = betrayer

heh. never thought of that. ;)

makes sense, but that gives the traya a precognition of sorts, unless she anticipated being backstabbed from day one. "you guys will turn on me after i train you! sounds great, let's hook up!"

i took sion for "scion", and that he conisdered himself to be a descendent (or following in the footsteps) of the true sith.

but preferring "dooku" over tyrannus? :)

tyrannus is a little silly, but dooku sounds like baby talk to me.

Guest Damar Stiehl

Tyrannus would be a total loss of a name, if not of Ian McDiarmid's creepy "Welcome home, Lord Tyrannus" greeting at the end of the otherwise disgraceful episode...

Maybe "Sion" is shortened from "lesion", meaning extreme scars and welts on the skin (would fit  :thumbsup:  )

Or maybe LucasArts and Obsidian is sending a secret message to the Prieure de Sion that the time is ripe for the Plantard/St. Claire family to claim the throne over all Europe as the rightful descendants of Jesus Christ through his marriage to Mary Magdalene.  Yes friends and neighbors, the Merovingians are back and George Lucas is their herald!!

(Wondering how many people who never read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" will get that  :)  )

I saw one of the Irish St. Claire 'merovingians' on TV about a year ago talking about his stupid castle. He was a pompous bastard. Though, if I had a castle, I'd probably go on tv to be pompous about it.

Thanks for correcting the spelling on my french for the word prieure. I never was much of a speller in languages that I don't speak, but can sort of read.