Where did Malachor V get its name?

Where do you think that M5 got its name from?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think that M5 got its name from?

• Some ancient Sith named Malachor found the system.
    • It was a name just chosen for the whole system.
    • 'Darth' Malachor found the planet, and it was his 5th discovery
    • Other (Please Specify)

I'm thinking of making a fanfiction set in or shortly near the Golden Age of the Sith, and would like to know what most people think the planet was named after. Please say Malachor found the system, as this would fit my story idea best! :p

If not, then what do you think went on??? :)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I'm thinking of making a fanfiction set in or shortly near the Golden Age of the Sith, and would like to know what most people think the planet was named after. Please say Malachor found the system, as this would fit my story idea best! :p

If not, then what do you think went on???  :)

Don't call him "Darth." Just call him Malachor, either one name, or first/last name. Of course you would have to explain why is it #5 Malachor? :p :D

Maybe Malachor means "place of study" in Sith? But Malachor sounds like a Republic name. That's what the Republic calls it.

And where would you post a fanfiction?

I may post it on this one site I found, or I'd keep it in a folder for future ideas when and if I ever actually write a story.

I put Darth to signify his Lordship over the Sith. If you choose #3, then he'd probably be out exploring, and claim the Planet as his own (his fifth).

Oh, and if you put that the name was chosen for the whole system, can you tell me where that name comes from? If you choose #1, then Malachor found a 5+ planet system, and named it after himself.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

What inhabitants? The Sith? BUT, if it's on the edge of the Empire, and the Empire under Ragnos barely expanded, wouldn't it have to be discovered by somebody?

I know that the whole system is Malachor, with Malachor being #5, but is it named after somebody named Malachor? It could be, but it doesn't matter to me...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

I chose "Name for the whole system". It just seems like a Republic thing to do. They would name a star Malachor and it's susequent satellites Malachor I, II.... And I don't think the Republic ever colonized or even mapped Malachor V. They never found the "School for Converting Jedi."

Good thing the Romans had an imagination. Otherwise we would've been living on Sol 3. Yuck. :devil:

Wait a minute. So you're saying that the Rep. named it? There's an idea... What should I call it, then?...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Wait a minute. So you're saying that the Rep. named it? There's an idea... What should I call it, then?...

Don't bother with my idea. I want to read your idea. You said if there were someone named Malachor and the planet is named after him, it fits your idea best. That's what I want to read. My idea gives those fools in the Republic too much credit. :devil:

A Sith name for Malachor V? If only I could decipher those Sith holos on Telos. You could say, "On the world that will be known as Malachor V." Whew. Good thing I'm not a writer because I am sorely lacking in imagination. :wub:

Could you latin guys find something that sounds like "Scout/Recon" or "Deceat"... If you need to know a bit about the plot, let me know. I'm trying to find names for the Main character and his 'thugs' and assassins... Thanks!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Don't bother with my idea. I want to read your idea. You said if there were someone named Malachor and the planet is named after him, it fits your idea best. That's what I want to read. My idea gives those fools in the Republic too much credit. :ermm:

A Sith name for Malachor V? If only I could decipher those Sith holos on Telos. You could say, "On the world that will be known as Malachor V." Whew. Good thing I'm not a writer because I am sorely lacking in imagination. :(

If you listen with a loud volume, they yell at Atris calling her a foolish Jedi (on DS Exile). I like leaving her to them and watching as they chew her out and give her a heart attack... :devil::devil::devil:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Thanks! I found the names of the Lord, Assassin, and Warrior, using various synonyms for them... Cool!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Malachor: Mal = bad

So bad things will happen there.

Honestly, not the most inspired choice by the original settlers. They were asking for trouble. If you're choosing a name for your planet, choose something that won't sound cool as a Sith base or centre of galactic Evil. Planet 'Bob' works for me.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Malachor: Mal = bad

So bad things will happen there.

Honestly, not the most inspired choice by the original settlers.  They were asking for trouble.  If you're choosing a name for your planet, choose something that won't sound cool as a Sith base or centre of galactic Evil.  Planet 'Bob' works for me.

Have you been watching Titan AE?

Anyway. Malachor:

We all know Mal is bad so we are left with "achor" which for my twisted purposes I will shorten down to just "chor". Now what does "chor" sound like? If you said "Core" you get a cookie! So we have a planet named "Bad Core" on which there is an academy which is used for corrupting Jedi. And at the heart of this academy is the Trayus "Core".

We know that whenever bad guys talk about converting a good guy to evil they alwasy talk about some little seed of evil deep down in the good guy that just needs to be encouraged to grow and boot the good out the door. Now where do you get seeds? From the "Cores" of fruit!

In short we have a planet with a bad core that contains a Sith academy whose heart is called the Trayus "Core" which is presumably where they corrupt good jedi into evil Sith by attacking the heart of thier beliefs or the "Core".

I hope that made some sense. :cool:

Actually, Odinson, you gave me a brilliant idea. Anybody remember when Brianna said the holocron called her a student? :ph34r:

If anybody wants to read it as I work on it in the next week(s), let me know. It's just a fanfic, but it focuses on several points mentioned in the game, especially as a DS PC when you fight Atris... I played with the unknown Sith on the holocrons a bit, so in my fanfic, they're not as unknown as one may think... (Nothing that wacks out continuity, though... I'm a geek, so everything has to be just right :- )

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Actually, Odinson, you gave me a brilliant idea. Anybody remember when Brianna said the holocron called her  a student? :ph34r:

mmm maybe is because it tought she was her mother (Kreia?), they share the same face...

anyway i'm curious to read your story but don't use a too difficult english or i will not be able to understand it :-

Actually, Odinson, you gave me a brilliant idea. Anybody remember when Brianna said the holocron called her  a student? :ph34r:

If anybody wants to read it as I work on it in the next week(s), let me know. It's just a fanfic, but it focuses on several points mentioned in the game, especially as a DS PC when you fight Atris... I played with the unknown Sith on the holocrons a bit, so in my fanfic, they're not as unknown as one may think... (Nothing that wacks out continuity, though... I'm a geek, so everything has to be just right :blink: )

Odinson is flattered. :"> I will also have to replay the game to recall that dialogue.

No one thinks you're a geek. You have an imagination, and you which to share it. I used to think I could write, but then again I don't even read. :blink: