What Gender?

What Gender did you choose for Revan & Exile?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What Gender did you choose for Revan & Exile?

• Revan-Male, Exile-Male
    • Revan-Female, Exile-Male
    • Revan Male, Exile-Female
    • Revan-Female, Exile-Female

oh yes, the great celtic empire. yeah, it was massive and impressive.... hehehe.

Thus you reveal how simple it is to conceal information from you in books.

...and there comes the personal attacks. so typically female.

Excuse me, but does it help to send a gender specific attack back at her?

Using personal or gender specific attacks when failing to use proper argumentation is not particularly female to do - it's just stupid.

I'm merely pointing out that Revan *offically* appears to be male...

Hmm i thought the aforementioned official source was the databank at starwars.com... ^^;; but then i checked it and curiously enough, they go to great lengths there to not provide even a hint on what Revan's gender is "supposed" to be.

I don't see how this thread could really have ended up any other way. While i have been making obvious jokes about women, I'm afraid that some might have actually thought I was serious. Revan was ambigious so that anyone could play the game anyway that they want. It doesn't get specific about it just for that reason, and though for whatever the reason the EU has thought it necessary to declare Revan a guy, I still believe this is one of those eye of the beholder deals

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I liek girls.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I thought you made it clear you were joking, Laozi.  ;)

Thank you, its good not to be precieved as a total ****. BTW Boudica was a great tactical leader and in alot of ways pioneered "guerilla warfare" Not to mention one of the most amazing things was that she even retained her lands and position after her husband died, something unheard of for the time. Not too many people at the time had too much success against the Roman empire

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I see Revan as a guy for some reason... maybe infulenced by our male-dominated society or history class? I can't really say. I like my Exhile female though... LS too -- to get the scraps of the Atton romance. ^_^. (Despite there is none.) I think the guys lucked out in this game -- sparring with a 1/2 naked girl while the girls get a messed up fruit.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

the offical website(!), says that Revan was male.

I wish people would stop using this bull**** argument. Just because Lucas Arts writes Revan as a man, doesn't mean that is what THEY want - it is what the majority audience wants. And the general audience is composed of males. This just goes to show you that Revan is however we interpret him or her as. The majority says Revan is a man, so it is thus.

And let's face it, more men than women have issues playing games that have a strong female protagonist. The only exception are games like BloodRayne, but then - male gamers are not playing said game because she is a strong woman. Male gamers play games like BloodRayne because the lead character is wearing next to nothing.

Just because Lucas Arts writes Revan as a man, doesn't mean that is what THEY want - it is what the majority audience wants.

Actually, if they say Revan is a man, then people will just have to suck it up regardless of what they think. At least until someone higher up the SW food chain says that Revan wasn't a man.

I just can't believe that so much men still believe that women are inferior, not capable of leading. It's so pathetic, I say you should all get killed

Hey, I was defending Revan can be a female.

Furthermore, if you're gonna use the argument that since Revan was ruthless and women are generally more ruthless, therefore Revan was a man, then apply the argument on all issues. I can tell you right now that men are more likely to be leaders, military especially, for a number of reasons (ability to handle stress, physical strength, suppression of emotions etc., and yes, there are studies about this). Yes, women can be leaders too. But if that argument discredit the rest, then so should "men can be ruthless too" discredit your argument.

You speak in the context of our own little world. This is in galaxy far, far away. Advanced civilizations run rapid. Woman CAN be strong, hide stress, etc. they just need more training and all that. But I'm not saying that men can't be ruthless. Women are just more physchaotic when falling to the dark side.

Just because Lucas Arts writes Revan as a man, doesn't mean that is what THEY want - it is what the majority audience wants.

Actually, if they say Revan is a man, then people will just have to suck it up regardless of what they think. At least until someone higher up the SW food chain says that Revan wasn't a man.

My point is only: of course, if Lucas Arts is forced to choose a sex for Revan/the Exile, they will always be male. More males buy video games.

I mean, just think how many people would have NOT bought KOTOR 1 & 2, if the sex had been restricted to female only. In contrast, women would still have bought the game if only a male character could be selected. Men could never handle being women. The mere thought of being female is repugnant to them. :p"

My point is only: of course, if Lucas Arts is forced to choose a sex for Revan/the Exile, they will always be male. More males buy video games.

Be that as it may, it's irrelevant. If Lucas Arts says how something is, then it's like that regardless of their reasons.