What Gender?

What Gender did you choose for Revan & Exile?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What Gender did you choose for Revan & Exile?

• Revan-Male, Exile-Male
    • Revan-Female, Exile-Male
    • Revan Male, Exile-Female
    • Revan-Female, Exile-Female

I originally played both as male as a legacy of earlier roleplaying days, when males were generally favoured over females (and had better romances and there were more female NPCs). However, I find the genders in the KotOR games to be pleasantly balanced, and I've had much fun re-discovering my feminine side (being that I am female).

Now, I prefer playing both as female.

Of my two completed runs one was female/female and the other male/male. But in singleplayer games with 3rd-person/chasecam view I usually select a female avatar - if I am going to stare at something for hundreds of hours then it may as well be aesthetically pleasing.

Of my two completed runs one was female/female and the other male/male. But in singleplayer games with 3rd-person/chasecam view I usually select a female avatar - if I am going to stare at something for hundreds of hours then it may as well be aesthetically pleasing.

(w00t) :)

You should try Sudeki :p

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

revan is a dude; deal with it. the bastilla vs. revan story is a lot better, than the moaning carth vs. female revan thingy.

I dunno, the subtle tension between Bastilla and female Revan was quite interesting, and you get moaning Carth as a bonus (somehow that sounded.. wrong. :">

With Revan made 'officially' male that's a moot point though, i guess...

But Bastila was so smug and arrogant :p

And so sweet! :devil: And that accent. Take this man's breath away. :wub:

Consequently, regardless of gender, Exile should be DS. My pathetic reason is so we don't have to see the inexplicable scene of the Ebon Hawk rising from the dead, and flying Exile off to safety and then the Sith Empire.

Kotor 1:

First game: Revan male (DS)

Second game: Revan male (DS)

Third game: Revan male (DS)

Fourth game: Revan male (DS)

Fifth game: Revan male (DS)

Kotor 2:

Firt game: Revan male (DS)/Exile male (DS)

Second game: Revan male (DS)/Exile male (DS)

Third game: Revan male (DS)/Exile male (DS)

Kotor 3:

First game: Revan male (DS)/Exile male (DS)/New character male (DS)

:devil:

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

Revan was a male, deal with it? LMAO almost sounds like someone has issues with women.

Whatever the EU decided, I think the game suits a female Revan better, both in 1 and 2.

I like a female Exile, too, though I'm more likely to consider a male Exile than a male Revan.

I played 2 as a male twice just to round out the experience, and while I miss Battle Precog I do like the female storyline better.

Carth doesn't whine, really - but Bastila is a snot. I could never take being talked down to so often by a supposed "love interest".

But Bastila was so smug and arrogant :p

And so sweet! :ermm: And that accent. Take this man's breath away. :devil:

You mean prim and self-righteous, right?!

Her voice really irritated me!

;)

Awww. :( But in the end she "matures" and realizes her mistakes. And she tells Revan, male, that she loves him(me :p ) and isn't afraid to love anymore. :devil:

Now, let's talk about your boy Atton Rand. What's with that hair? And how could he kill someone he loved? :devil:"

And Carth? What a whiner. "I can never trust anyone ever again!" Just ask HK-47. :D

Hehe, just jesting with you :devil:

But yes, Bastila did redeem herself quite nicely in the end, and learn more humility. She also backed down if you accused her of being too nasty to her mother.

Atton's hair, though, is awesome. As for how he could kill someone he loved, I believe that I'd have to go into some complex psychology to explain how that could be appealing. There was an Agatha Christie novel that did quite a nice job of this.

Carth was pretty whiney, I'll admit that. But at least his arguing was more amusing than Bastila's priggishness. And since I am female and English and proper, her accent held no appeal whatsoever for me :ermm:

Ahh, Janson. I know you were jesting. I enjoyed it. :ermm: I'd choose you over Bastila anyday, my English muffin. :devil:

And it's a good idea not to go through with explaining the Atton thing. As a guy, I prefer to bash things rather than understand them. :D

What hive said, only female. :p

I know I'm missing out on some of the game that way...and I made a male Exile...but I just don't want to play him. I've played males in many games, doesn't bother me...but for some reason in this game it does. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here are my reasons for thinking Revan is female and the Exile is male:

At the beginning of KOTOR II, Atton states that Revan is female and the Exile agrees or disputes that Revan is a female, rather than the other way around. Another reason is the very powerful scene with Carth at the end of KOTOR II. Apparently there is a similar scene with Bastilla, but from my understanding, it does not pack the emotional wallop that the Carth scene does. I

Here are my reasons for thinking Revan is female and the Exile is male:

At the beginning of KOTOR II, the Exile Atton states that Revan is female and the Exile disputes that Revan is a female, rather than the other way around. Another reason is the very powerful scene with Carth at the end of KOTOR II. Apparently there is a similar scene with Bastilla, but from my understanding, it does not pack the emotional wallop that the Carth scene does. I