What music are you listening to right now?

draakh_kimera

Impaled has taken that to extreme... So far that it is usually considered as a joke band. The whole problem with black metal is raw and nothing fancy. It so simple music style that very few bands make more than one good cd after that they start to sound repeative. And after a while the whole genre... :devil:

Not to mention that way too many black/death metal bands sound pretty much the same nowadays..

I don't get death metal anymore. Maybe I'm just not as angry .Anyhoo, today I listened to 'wave of mutilation' by the Pixies alot and tossed in a little dose of DeLa Soul/Teenage Fanclubs 'fallin'

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well, the thing is the same with grind and hardcore. Its was never SUPPOSED to be all original and new. If a band makes 8 albums that all sound the same and they're all good, then thats fine.

These genres are all very narrow too, there not much space at all for invention before it turns into a diffrent style of music altogether.

Originality is good, it moves things forward but its not absolutely essential all the time. I mean, I like anything that sounds like Carcass on their first record and they pretty much did all they could with that style on that record. You cant get any more brutal than "Carbonized eyesockets" imo(the song that is)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

so this is not where I say .. Fugazi??  :huh:

(shortly after surronded by Ninjas)

:devil:  :blink:>_<:huh:  :-

Its hard to say what exactly Fugazi is since no one is much like them.

They are sort of a moralistic quasi-punk jam band, but thats really really saling them short. Theres a really good documentary on them, that shows how there fans come form all shapes and sizes and that being one of the reasons why its hard to "stick" them in a genre. They have certain ideals like they never allow a club owner charge more then $8.00 for a show, they sell their merchandise dirt cheap. They make enough money to survive as artist, but wouldn't want their art to suffer for need of the individual to substain a lifestyle or anything. They're whats right about music. Really only them and NOFX can really stand on sticking to their ideals in the face of being offeresd millions to "sell out"

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I can remember an uproar in the mid nineties when Fugazi left their minor label for a major and signed a new contract for a cool million dollars. Was it geffen? I can't remember. They signed just about everyone they could for about five years and then dumped most of them like a bad habit as soon as the grunge thing died.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I respect Fugazi's DIY-ethic, and I know some people that absolutely worship them - but I never could really get into their music.

Right now: Swingin Utters - The Next in Line

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

As far as I know fugazi has always been on Dischord

I wonder if anyone hear listens to Jawbreaker or Jets to Brazil?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Im watching the Transformers movie. The music is so blatantly homosexual that its ..inconcievable.

sing along with me:

You got the touch

You got the power

After all is said and done

You've never walked, you've never run,

You're a winner

You got the moves, you know the streets

Break the rules, take the heat

You're nobody's fool

You're at your best when when the goin' gets rough

You've been put to the test, but it's never enough

You got the touch

You got the power

When all hell's breakin' loose

You'll be riding the eye of the storm

You got the heart

You got the motion

You know that when things get too tough

You got the touch

You never bend, you never break

You seem to know just what it takes

You're a fighter

It's in the blood, it's in the will

It's in the mighty hands of steel

When you're standin' your ground

And you never get hit when your back's to the wall

Gonna fight to the end and you're takin' it all

You got the touch

You got the power

When all hell's breakin' loose

You'll be riding the eye of the storm

You got the heart

You got the motion

You know that when things get too tough

You got the touch

You're fightin' fire with fire

You know you got the touch

You're at your best when when the road gets rough

You've been put to the test, but it's never enough

You got the touch

You got the power

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hilarious!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Amazone Hackers CD SoundtrackPlaylist

I was surprised that the movie was only rated PG13 since you get to see Angelina's tit! (w00t) Anyways above are some the the sound tracks, a few of the good ones are:

Halcyon and On and On - Orbital

Cowgirl - Underworld

Connected - Stereo MC's

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I thought Id dig up the weirdest I have. "Panzerlied" (The tank song)

..say what you will 'bout dem jerries, but they shure could sing.

Saga - Ensamma Rum (not the canadian, portugese or german band but the swedish one)

swedish 70's proggressive pwns. if you can afford it.

I've been listening to the first Violent Femmes album lately. Those tunes have really stood the test of time.

Also, I ran across the Jets to Brazil (laozi mentioned them the other day) album "Orange Rhyming Dictionary" the other day and picked it up. I've listened to it almost the whole way through and I'm thinking it's pretty damn cool.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

as always,

listening to Metallica, KoRn, Dark Tranquillity and others.

Also, recently started listening to The Gathering. Really love the vocals.

At last, some good female vocals. I really hated Nightwish's vocals... just not my thing... that opera-style, coupled with horrid accent.... biuuueee