What music are you listening to right now?

draakh_kimera

what? Genesis gay??

they are so fre**** awesome!

"Jesus he knows me" and "Mama", wicked sick!  ;) , are two of my favorite songs ..

Put it there fellow Genesis listener!

Fav tracks are "Living Forever" and "Tonight, Tonight"

Best album was "Lamb Lays On Broadway"

I dont recognize any of those songs. What album am I missing? Ive got:

A trick of the tail

And then there were three

Foxtrot

Nursery Cryme

Selling england by the pound

The Lamb lies down on broadway

I tend to dismiss anything that is made after 1979 when prowling for used vinyls

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Frank Black and the Catholics Dog in the Sand album.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Frank Black and the Catholics Dog in the Sand album.

That is probably my favorite non-Pixies Frank Black album. Nothing can step to Doolittle, but I am more often in the mood for the Catholics than the Pixies these days.

I've been listening to Black Love by the Afghan Whigs almost nonstop for a few days now. It's the perfect bridge between the styles of Gentlemen and 1965, a progression from angry, grungy hard rock to sleazy, funky hard rock. I also think it might be a concept album about adultery, and I'm a sucker for concept albums.

The only other albums I've been listening to are Bob Dylan's Desire and the new Gorillaz. :ph34r:

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I dont recognize any of those songs. What album am I missing? Ive got:

A trick of the tail

And then there were three

Foxtrot

Nursery Cryme

Selling england by the pound

The Lamb lies down on broadway

I tend to dismiss anything that is made after 1979 when prowling for used vinyls

No wonder. "Living Forever" was from the 1991 LP "We Can't Dance" and "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" was from the 1986 LP "Invisible Touch"

IT is better in my opinion, but WCD had several gems of its own.

Fugazi ----The Arguement

"Best Band Ever"

If you haven't bought your Fugazi CD yet, then the ninjas will be by shortly to flip out and kill you

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

:lol: on Rosjberg's avatar. Yarrrr

Right now I'm listening to:

Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie

Dissection, the quality over quantity group.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ive never heard Fugazi. Ever.

Genesis - Can(from "Foxtrot" 1972)

p.s

Dissection is gay. They were supposed to the 2nd most evil band in Sweden(after Dark FUneral) but their music is just.. pansy

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Dissection is gay. They were supposed to the 2nd most evil band in Sweden(after Dark FUneral) but their music is just..  pansy

Pansy...sure. I never thought the music to be particularly evil, but it has a more than fair share of good melodies, and that's why I keep on listening. Everytime I see Dark Funeral mentioned, I picture Lord K in leather and chains. Quite gay. :lol:

n/p: ELP - Lucky Man

ELP, my soft spot. :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie

One of the best black metal songs ever. No matter what Kaftan says... :p

Best black metal song is of course coraxo by Impaled Nazarene. They somehow captured the whole essence of black metal in 16 seconds.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"Where Dead Angels Lie" isnt even blackmetal, its more powermetal than anything.

I havent listened much to Impaled but real blackmetal to me would be almost anything by Darkthrone, just pure and raw, nothing fancy.

Out of interest:Kaftan, what's your take on Immortal's music?

kirottu said:

I love it, I have all their records(and demos), even though they're silly at times and the later ones are a bit too melodic. Back when I was a real black/deathmetal fan they were my fav band.

But they really have that brutal raw edge to them when they want to, especially on "Pure Holocaust" and "Battles in the north"

I havent listened much to Impaled but real blackmetal to me would be almost anything by Darkthrone, just pure and raw, nothing fancy.

Impaled has taken that to extreme... So far that it is usually considered as a joke band. The whole problem with black metal is raw and nothing fancy. It so simple music style that very few bands make more than one good cd after that they start to sound repeative. And after a while the whole genre... :devil:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.