What music are you listening to right now?

draakh_kimera

The best thing Trent Reznor did was write Hurt so Johnny Cash could cover it

Subjective. My opinion is Johnny Cash's album is nearly ALL singles made by other people. and i was never a fan of puffdady in the same respect. I've heard many JC cd's and im not a fan in paicular. most likely because im from a newer generation. i do like many older artist though! including the beatles, doors, pink floyd.

Without Johnny Cash, there's no Mike Ness. Without Mike Ness, punk rock would be full of whining emo-pansies. Not that I necessarily hate emo (just most of it), but Johnny Cash made people want to be James Dean with a guitar, not Bridget Jones with a diary.

Joe Strummer, Lars Frederiksen, hell anyone who can be a tough guy and tell a story at the same time owes a debt to the Man in Black. If he didn't want to write many of his own songs for the American recordings, so what? He's Johnny Cash, he's earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants to do.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I still get all teary-eyed when I see that music video. :(

Playing right now:

Hootie and the Blowfish - Time

What? My mom used to play 'em all the time when I was growing up...and they've grown on me, damn it.

Jesus.... Your mom? Hootie and the Blowfish was my first concert. I'm gonna have a beer to remind myself that I'm still in college and I'm not old.

Heh... I still defend the quality of Hootie's music on a routine basis.

Anyway, right now: Todd Snider, this country-rock sorta dude who was up for a Grammy this year. He's playing tomorrow night about a half hour from my college, so I'll probably go check him out.

Lately: Jurassic 5 - Power in Numbers, Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen

Also: the new Queens of the Stone Age album sucks :)

Without Hootie and the Blowfish there may be no Crispy Bacon Cheddar Ranch

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

That commercial was a genius ploy by Darius Rucker to get back in the spotlight for the upcoming Hootie reunion tour!!!! WOO!

Well, it's probably just to help him pay that overdue electric bill.

Oh ya and btw I'm listening to Blind Melon Soup.

Its really sad that Shannon Hoon had to die, these guys would have been huge. All three of their releases are awesomtaculiar for completely different reason.

Plus its unfortant that most people only know them for the Video of "No Rain" and silly beegirl :-

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Impaled Northern Moonforest - Return of the Necrowizard :D :rolleyes:

At least kirottu gets this.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

;)
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Impaled Northern Moonforest - Return of the Necrowizard :D :thumbsup:

Seth Putnam is gay.

I actually sent him a prank email asking if I could have AC when he dies, when he was in a 2 month coma after some kind of seiszure. That was kind of insensitive I guess.

Im listening to Genesis. I have almost all their albums. I used to think stuff like that was gay, but now Ive lost all judgement. Im not into Emerson, Lake & Palmer yet but that will come.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I still get all teary-eyed when I see that music video. :p

Playing right now:

Hootie and the Blowfish - Time

What? My mom used to play 'em all the time when I was growing up...and they've grown on me, damn it.

Jesus.... Your mom? Hootie and the Blowfish was my first concert. I'm gonna have a beer to remind myself that I'm still in college and I'm not old.

Heh... I still defend the quality of Hootie's music on a routine basis.

I'm probably remembering things...incorrectly...but, I'm 17...so...hell, I don't know. Good music though, guy's got an interesting voice on 'em.

Now, its: STP - Plush

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Impaled Northern Moonforest - Return of the Necrowizard :D :p

Seth Putnam is gay.

And anyone else who uses corpsepaint isn't? :thumbsup:

kirottu said:

I was thinking along the same lines, only it's even worse for me - I don't think a single beer is going to cut it. *grabs a 6-pack* :thumbsup:

I loved Hootie's 1st album - didn't like anything else they did tho.

And right now, I'm listening to The Police's early music - it fits my spastic mood....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts