What music are you listening to right now?

draakh_kimera

Has anyone heard the new Mars Volta record? Is it any good? Also, how are the earlier Bungle albums? I've been having a hard time finding them (for some strange reason I don't download music...)

Listening to:

Children of Bodom

Follow the Reaper

Alexi Laiho is a goddamnably impressive guitarist...

Has anyone heard the new Mars Volta record?  Is it any good?  Also, how are the earlier Bungle albums?  I've been having a hard time finding them (for some strange reason I don't download music...)

Listening to:

Children of Bodom

Follow the Reaper

Alexi Laiho is a goddamnably impressive guitarist...

Re: Follow the Reaper.

That is an excellent album. My favourite of theirs.

This is interesting (I think).

I'm listening to a lot of classical music, because my final exam is tomorrow in Exploring Musical Styles, something I am taking pass/fail to broaden my musical horizons a bit.

There's some pretty cool stuff here. I am especially liking Chopin's Nocturne in D flat major, Mozart's piano concerto no. 24 in C minor and this Philip Glass guy's Concerto for Violin and Orchestra. I really don't know much about this stuff, but I can appreciate it as great work.

Does anyone here have some classical music to recommend?

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

This is interesting (I think).

I'm listening to a lot of classical music, because my final exam is tomorrow in Exploring Musical Styles, something I am taking pass/fail to broaden my musical horizons a bit.

There's some pretty cool stuff here. I am especially liking Chopin's Nocturne in D flat major, Mozart's piano concerto no. 24 in C minor and this Philip Glass guy's Concerto for Violin and Orchestra. I really don't know much about this stuff, but I can appreciate it as great work.

Does anyone here have some classical music to recommend?

I highly reccomend Anotn

Been listening a lot to game soundtracks lately:

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3. - The MGS Main Theme is one of the coolest songs in a game ever.

Kotor 1 & 2

Morrowind

Also been listening to Mark Knopfler.

Right now I'm listening to Aenima by Tool. This has always been one of my favorite albums from top to bottom, and imo one of the best albums of alltime.

If anyone can really tell me what hes saying in German, I'd be greatly in your dept, I've always heard its a recipe for Hash Balls, but I've never known for sure

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

why do I get the feeling that you are very old, Loof?

Im listening to the soundtrack to "The Graduate" from 1968. I just saw the film and its so amazingly beautiful. The photography is probably the best of any hollywood film in the last century.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Currently listening to the latest Soilwork album : Stabbing The Drama.

Till I get sick of it ... may take a while though, I find it very good.

Still waiting to pick up Character - Dark Tranquility's new sonic rush.

\m/ :devil: \m/

Nah im not that old ... just 27 ...

Why did you get the feeling i was old from me likeing sisters of mercy?

childhood conditioning. SoM was "big brother" music. and age differances seemed so huge when you're that age.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Thanks for all the classical picks, people!

Right now I'm going in a slightly different listening direction - The Oncoming Storm, an album by an awesome metal band called Unearth. Those dudes have some serious chops. Dueling guitar solos, some sweet double bass to get the heart pumping, piano interludes (to give you a break from the beating the rest of the album gives you) - this album really rocks...hard.

in classics I've always had a preference of Chopin ..

and I just found my old copy of Live - Throwing Copper! that's just a fantastic album..

The Chopin I've heard (one nocturne and one etude) is all really good. Throwing Copper... that's a classic. That song "Waitress," oh man that was some really cool stuff. :lol:

under the sea - sebastien the crab from the little mermaid.

lots of pink

what a feeling - irene cara/flashdance

i will survive - gloria gayner

lots of gwen stefani

my taste in music is very sad isnt it ? :lol:

(no this is not a joke)