Nar Shadaa reunion quest--help?

Spoiler Alert--read at your own risk if you are unfamiliar with the Nar Shadaa quests...

I need help figuring out how to help reunite the husband and wife. I think the only way to complete this is to provoke the Exchange in some manner and slaughter all the guards.

The problem is that I've finished just about every other quest on the planet without actually raising the ire of the Exchange (I've already defeated the leader in his underground lair/arena as well).

Now I can't provoke his right-hand squid-face (the guy whose control room overlooks the refugee camp) or any of his thugs to attack me! There's no conversation string that allows me to fight him. I've even tried setting up mines in his office--heh. About the only thing I can do is pick a fight with the gate guards at the front--but that gets me dark side points (I'm going light). I raided the Exchange vault--which prompted the attacks of two pigs--but that was it...the rest of them ignored me afterward. I even robbed the rest of their cylinders in plain view--most of the guards just ignored me.

I read elsewhere that you can pay the little bat guy to give you Exchange influence one way or the other, but I must have miised that boat as well--he doesn't give me any options except to give me hints about the bar and the pazaak den.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to leave the planet--provoke the Exchange elsewhere and then come back? Or is it simply impossible for me to clear out the guards at this point?...at least without soiling myself in the process.

I need help figuring out how to help reunite the husband and wife. I think the only way to complete this is to provoke the Exchange in some manner and slaughter all the guards.

Does you character think it's worth more to avoid the taint of the darkside than to unite the husband and wife?

I think you only need to get rid of the two entrance guards. Which you should be able to do by failing intimidate on them.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think you only need to get rid of the two entrance guards. Which you should be able to do by failing intimidate on them.

That didn't work for me when i tried; killed both guards but when talking to the wife, i'd still only have option to [Lie] the path is clear, and she'd then die.... in the end that's just one of the few quests i had unsolved :/

Must be a bug then. When you kill them, your journal should update, saying the path is clear.

All those quests are seperate and unrelated. There's an Itorian in the docks who can help the woman who needs a pilot, but you have to help him with a docking fee, and then Persuade him.

Also, you can get those guards to attack with no DS points. Intimidate them, and if you succeed, tell them they cant back down after threatening you.

Must be a bug then.  When you kill them, your journal should update, saying the path is clear.

All those quests are seperate and unrelated.  There's an Itorian in the docks who can help the woman who needs a pilot, but you have to help him with a docking fee, and then Persuade him.

There are two alternative ways to solve the pilot quest and the refugee quest.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Also, you can get those guards to attack with no DS points. Intimidate them, and if you succeed, tell them they cant back down after threatening you.

Nope--that still gives me DS points. Guess I have to either abandon the quest or be willing to lose my lightmaster status--at least for a while (and the nice att bonus that comes with it). Kinda sucks that you are put in a position of having to commit an evil act to help someone else.

Nope--that still gives me DS points.  Guess I have to either abandon the quest or be willing to lose my lightmaster status--at least for a while (and the nice att bonus that comes with it).  Kinda sucks that you are put in a position of having to commit an evil act to help someone else.

Just like real life.

The net shift for helping should put you back up there.

478327[/snapback]

I ran into this problem myself after killing all of the exchange guards and everything. What I found is that I was using the speeder to get around and in order to set off the script that enable the wife to leave you have to actually go to the exit and it will say "The exit is now clear for so-and-so to leave".

I ran into this problem myself after killing all of the exchange guards and everything.  What I found is that I was using the speeder to get around and in order to set off the script that enable the wife to leave you have to actually go to the exit and it will say "The exit is now clear for so-and-so to leave".

I had a similiar problem getting the slavers to trigger using the airspeeder to get around.

The triggers are likely on or near the transition areas.

478327[/snapback]

Perhaps.  But then it winds up being the only side quest that doesn't offer you a completely moral alternative for resolution.  I think it's a glitch or a mistake.

Actually I never got DS points for killing the guards. But I think when you open up the alternate exit from the exchange that they are alredy hostile.

I dont know if you could really call it a glitch since there is a way to do it without DS points. Just not one you are able to do now. You could always try the different options with the guards see if anything happens.

478327[/snapback]

What I found is that I was using the speeder to get around and in order to set off the script that enable the wife to leave you have to actually go to the exit and it will say "The exit is now clear for so-and-so to leave".

There is something else odd with that for me--I was never able to use the speeder. I found all the parts for it, but when I went to put them in, the game says the speeder has been "sabotaged beyond repair". No clue who would have done it or why. Iwas not an enemy to the S(whatever) clan--so it doesn't seem likely to have been their doing.

I always used force persuade on the guards, then met with the leader of the Exchange in the Refugee sector, killed him, and then systematically killed the rest of his goons and the door guards. All this every time I've played and I've never once got a DS point.

There is something else odd with that for me--I was never able to use the speeder.  I found all the parts for it, but when I went to put them in, the game says the speeder has been "sabotaged beyond repair".  No clue who would have done it or why.  Iwas not an enemy to the S(whatever) clan--so it doesn't seem likely to have been their doing.

That always seems to occur when you trigger the Jak Jak meeting. Whether or not you previously repaired the speeder. At that point it's too late to fix it even if you have all the parts.

478327[/snapback]

I always used force persuade on the guards, then met with the leader of the Exchange in the Refugee sector, killed him, and then systematically killed the rest of his goons and the door guards. All this every time I've played and I've never once got a DS point.

Yup--see that's what I'm talking about Janson. Instead of killing the leader originally like you did, I force pursuaded him to help the situation. Now I'm stuck because he and/or his guards remain an obstacle that I can't surmount without DS usage. Just seems like Obsidian didn't consider this route and provide a lightside-only alternative resolution. *shrug*

Thanks for all the replies here. At least it appears I didn't miss anything blatantly obvious.

How frustrating for you...

I know that once I did force persuade the leader to leave everyone alone, but I think that I used the negotiations to release one of the refugee's daughter to annoy him and provoke him into attacking me.

Sorry I can't be much help anyway!

I did the quest without getting any darkside points and without taking out the exchange guy (squid-looking fellow) in the refugee sector. I think it worked because the 2 guys at the entrance to the refugee sector attacked me --I don't remember what response I told them but I didn't get dark side points for fighting them. Then I got all of the quests, solved the seroco and exchange quests peaceably, then went to the docks to talk to the husband. But I had to walk back to the refugee sector before it said that the path was clear for her to join her husband.

I just wanted to add that I finally figured out a way to complete the quest under these circumstances without gaining DS points.

As has been stated by others, you simply need to kill the front two guards.

In order to kill them without getting DS, I chose one of my evil characters (in this case, the GOTO droid). Then I made him my primary and switched to SOLO mode.

The conversation with the guards still seems to take place with the Exile, but when you refuse to back down and force the guards to fight, it reverts back to Solo mode with no DS points gained.

You are then free to kill the guards without penalty.

Some of the quests on N/S seem to be easily broken. I too ran into the problem with the guards and the reunion quest. I guess I was a little too persuasive with the guards, and from then on, they just let me pass. They liked me. I couldn't even insult them any more. I don't even think killing every last one of the exchange guards worked, at that point.

Finally ended up going back to the guy and telling him he should probably move on, that he would never find her. Even tho' that left her standing down there forever, it cleared the quest. He wasn't very upset. And Kreia patted me on the head. So it wasn't all bad, and I didn't get D/Sided..

The airspeeder thing, too. I was carefully planning out the influence points for various party members (at least two when you fix the thing), swapping them around... and then blam Red Eclipse/Jek Jek/Goto and by the time I got back, the airspeeder was junk. Sigh.