I hate Visas.

Guest Damar Stiehl

There was some other reason for it. I thought this through some time ago (along with the other characters). I can't remember what I used to compare them, but it was not the events at Malachor. I'll get back to you if I remember it.

Edit: I think it had something to do with Nihilus and his powers. Gonna have to give it some more thought (in case you're actually interested. I mean, I've already convinced myself).

I remember!

Its that he like the exile is a wound in the force (although I never felt it was adequately explained why Nihilus was as he was, whereas with the exile it was Malachor V that did it).

edit: but the exile is still a very different being from nihilus who feeds on all life, the exile simply draws people too him/her because of the wound. Although having said that it was suggested that you were such a great leader because of the fact you are a wound, but you only became a wound after Malachor V.

both times i played through the games when I got visas she was twice as good as the handmaiden, plus she could use the force right off the hop. I usually brought her and atton with me because he was the first I trained and could have a lightsaber. the only part i didn't like is after i killed nihilius(i cna't spell his name) and then went and talked to her I had the same options to ask her, and it didn't really open up anything new.

She's a horribly depressing character. Even with the cut content, she never grows as a person - okay, maybe she feels a little better after meditating in her old room. But her ultimate development: she's willing to die for the PC. Or she does die for the PC. Wow, just like she was willing to do ALL ALONG.

And beyond that, I think she's on the dull side. Yup.

... Huh? I thought her character development was, after Nihilus bites the dust she has this sort of speech when she says she feels like now she'll be able to move on with her life and leave the past behind, and how that's thanks to you and whatnot. It was quite touching actually, really seemed like she's on the way to recovery... :p

To add onto that, if you're LS inclined, Kreia will say that you are responsible for Visas' salvation (at least in the terms you, the player, use). I think more could have been done to flesh out her character, but I kind of liked the fact that the 'relationship' you have with her is based on an understanding deeper than you'll find in most stories.

it's the dialog tree I tell you.... all along the development cycle someone forgot to add progresion into the dialog and now we end up with.. "play pazaak" or "yes general/never mind"

visas... no one else..

I would have to agree. Most the dialog trees, except for Kreia, got used up quite quickly. The previous game drew it out by making you return with a successful planet before you could advance the dialog. But you did make advances. You also had NPC -NPC interaction that made things a little better also.

As for her training in my LS games, I went high DEX, med CHA and then gave her the best blaster I could, trained the support powers and kept her in the back in Jedi Support mode. She was effective in that role as long as I had Handmaiden or Mandalore as melee support.

Visas boring as all hell. I still haven't found out the value of lip gloss to someone who doesn't "see" outside of the force

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah I wasn't a big fan either, I didn't nessesserily like her outfit much either, I wouldn't have minded the traditional Black hooded robed that the Sith wear, instead of Maroon with a veil, or even they could have done a grey veil with blakc robes......These Sith aren't evil looking enough in the KOTOR games, in my opinion......

we need palpatine-like evil man!

The Sith in K1 were even worse, skin tight grey spandex with hoods hahah......weak!

If Visas' wasn't so whiney and submissive and looked darker, maybe even pale-ish Sith Looking skin...but she was like tan and maroon outfit I was like wtf are the Sith located on Hawaaii now?!

If Visas' wasn't so whiney and submissive and looked darker, maybe even pale-ish Sith Looking skin...but she was like tan and maroon outfit I was like wtf are the Sith located on Hawaaii now?!

Well, to be fair, if you play LS and have a reasonable amount of influence with her, she's not so much a Sith anymore, hence the tanned skin. But if you're DS and her alignment matches yours, her skin becomes pale and veiny just like the rest.

Wouldn't be great if she wore the traditional dark sith robes.  She would look like Kreia copy, especially wen you switch between their camera views on board the ship.

Appearance-wise I didn't like Visas standard "robe" leather outfit. I think she looks much better in a normal dark jedi-ish robe (even if she isn't a darksider any more). Makes the veil look a bit like a hood on the cloak too.

This is how I prefer her:

Visas with robe

A red lightsaber goes well with that, too :mellow: