I hate Visas.

Guest Damar Stiehl

Guest Damar Stiehl

Aside from the lovely Kelly Hu voiceover, I see nearly nothing positive about this character.

She is weak, predictably tortured and whiny. She shows up and boringly throws herself at you over and over again. At that, she wouldn't sleep with you (Force sex doesn't count). And her arse looks huge in those burka-like robes.

I mean, Brianna requires you to be good enough to beat the hell out of her without weapons, Force or armour. Mira is feisty enough to tell you, straight out, to bugger off - but if you WERE to hook up, she'll beat the hell out of every other girl on the ship.

Visas is just... too easy. "I saw you across the universe, and I loved you, and I would do anything to keep you from harm, my life for yours, my life for yours." Something about her persistant, abused-wife loyalty gave me the creeps and made me dislike her.

Anyone else got that vibe?

Hating her is an emotional response. I didn't go that far. In my game I just had her teach me Force Sight and then she rotted in the starboard dormitory for the rest of the journey. As uninteresting for me as that Disciple guy was.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Not really. Her personality fits her history. Shame she didn't develop further, I think I would've enjoyed seeing her with a bit of hope back (after the Nihilus encounter would be a good place to start, presumably).

I liked Visas' character, but I think she had more potential. She is not a very deep and interesting character, but she has a wasted potential to be one.

Visas is just one of many elements I found having a wasted potential in the game. I didnt hate her character, I just didnt get attached to it.

She is weak, predictably tortured and whiny. She shows up and boringly throws herself at you over and over again. At that, she wouldn't sleep with you (Force sex doesn't count).

Perhaps that hole scene was a metaphor?

Lol, one of the dialogue options before that is "If I do, I will be tired for the fights thats to come" :)

She is weak, predictably tortured and whiny. (..)

Not really, but then playing the female version of the plot doesn't give her much spotlight so i didn't get to see the whiny part. As for being weak... i find her very much like Bao Dur -- she's soft spoken and very loyal which makes her appear weak, but under this all there's an edge to her you rarely get to see. Mainly in the cutscenes, like her final meditation in her room aboard Nihilus' ship.

Oh, and when she says "no" then it's no and it doesn't matter what you do. You don't get to see her former Master until she thinks it's ok, and you won't make her dance no matter what. Not really much weakness in this one, if anything she just tricks/manipulates you into thinking that's what she is... very appropriate attitude for a darksider, she's not far from Kreia in this aspect. :s

I like her, though I play as a lightside female Exile so I don't know how potentially whiny she is if your exile is a man or a darksider.

Concidering what she's been through I think she's entitled to be the way she is. She's watched her homeworld and civilization be destroyed and everyone she knows die around her. To be the lone survivor on a planet cleansed of all life would be traumatic enough. But then she's captured and enslaved by a brutal, ruthless "Sith" Lord who does his (its?) best to break her will and crush her spirit, eradicating any trace of her former personality and making her into a loyal and obedient servant. That'd be enough to scar anyone emotionally.

Maybe I'm easy to please, but being able to save Visas from that past, turn her to the light side and give her a new hope for the future was one of the more rewarding moments in the game.

I don't see anything even remotely romantic or love-ish about her in the game, but she's still endearing in a way. I can't help but feel sorry for her.

Aside from the lovely Kelly Hu voiceover, I see nearly nothing positive about this character.

She is weak, predictably tortured and whiny. She shows up and boringly throws herself at you over and over again. At that, she wouldn't sleep with you (Force sex doesn't count). And her arse looks huge in those burka-like robes.

I mean, Brianna requires you to be good enough to beat the hell out of her without weapons, Force or armour. Mira is feisty enough to tell you, straight out, to bugger off - but if you WERE to hook up, she'll beat the hell out of every other girl on the ship.

Visas is just... too easy. "I saw you across the universe, and I loved you, and I would do anything to keep you from harm, my life for yours, my life for yours." Something about her persistant, abused-wife loyalty gave me the creeps and made me dislike her.

Uh, no.

:) Visas ;)

Oh, and she's not weak, I rarely bothered keeping nayone else in my party on my first time thru, maybe I'd lat Atton tag along for doors and containers to be unlocked.

The comparison of her to Bau-Dur seems apt to me.

I don't see either her or bau-dor as weak (in character) but I don't really like the mysterious silent suffering personna. Although I did like Drizzt, in those FR novels, so perhaps it's something else. I can't put my finger on it. Just doesn't appeal.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hate is too strong a word. I would label Visas as annoying/boring. I didn't find her interesting and her constant "my life for yours" really got on my nerves. As some people have said, too submissive. She isn't weak though, I'm pretty sure most people would be pretty messed up if they'd had her past.

I consider Visas a pretty poweful char, she have very good stats that makes her good both with sabre and powers.

I agree that the char have a lot of unexpressed potential, but even now i consider her the most important party character after Kreia...

she will not tell too much :), but the things she have to say about you are really important to understand who you are.

She seems to me much like a rape survivor with full-blown Stockholm Syndrome. When I look at her that way, I believe she'll stand on her own two feet eventually. I don't really see her as submissive as some do, merely clinging to that which helped her survive everything she's been through so far.

I liked her, but your right about her falling in love with the Exile so easyily sucked since she is such a unique character. Hearing my life for yours all the time, knowing you can sacrifice her despite all that was a little chilling I'll admit.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

She's a horribly depressing character. Even with the cut content, she never grows as a person - okay, maybe she feels a little better after meditating in her old room. But her ultimate development: she's willing to die for the PC. Or she does die for the PC. Wow, just like she was willing to do ALL ALONG.

And beyond that, I think she's on the dull side. Yup.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

She's a horribly depressing character. Even with the cut content, she never grows as a person - okay, maybe she feels a little better after meditating in her old room. But her ultimate development: she's willing to die for the PC. Or she does die for the PC. Wow, just like she was willing to do ALL ALONG.

And beyond that, I think she's on the dull side. Yup.

I completely agree.

I also found her to be extremely ineffective in combat as well.

Actually, I don't think it's the kind of love you usually think of when you hear the word. Or at least not to start with. Think about it, she is all alone. Her entire planet literally died around her. And there is only one person who can understand how she truly feels, and that's the exile. You tell me you wouldn't be drawn (and I don't mean physical attraction) to that person in the same situation.

Actually, I don't think it's the kind of love you usually think of when you hear the word. Or at least not to start with. Think about it, she is all alone. Her entire planet literally died around her. And there is only one person who can understand how she truly feels, and that's the exile. You tell me you wouldn't be drawn (and I don't mean physical attraction) to that person in the same situation.

Her and the exiles experiences are fairly different IMHO.

True they were both present at the death of a world and of many of their friends and hundreds of thousands (millions?) of others. But I think that is where the comparison ends.

The exile was responsible for those deaths, Visas was not.

Visas was the sole survivor (perhaps of her species although the story isn't clear on this), the exile was not.

Visas became the victim of truley malevolent being, the exile from what we know lived a reasonable life in his memory / force less state - its only when Kreia appears that old wounds are re-opened, and even then its perfectly possible to play the game as someone who is quite well balanced and unaffected by what happened.

i think its problematic to compare the two because you can choose to a large extent the personality of the exile and how they have been affected by the events of the past. As I said you can simply play the a character who does not really care about Malachor V at all and isn't mentally unbalanced by it all.

There was some other reason for it. I thought this through some time ago (along with the other characters). I can't remember what I used to compare them, but it was not the events at Malachor. I'll get back to you if I remember it.

Edit: I think it had something to do with Nihilus and his powers. Gonna have to give it some more thought (in case you're actually interested. I mean, I've already convinced myself).