The itty bitty Light/Dark NPC dialogue differences

Not very spoilish but I'm playing it safe. I'm just noticing a lot of very tiny difference between Light/Dark. Nothing important or of any consequence, but interesting to me for idle speculation about the motivations of the writers.

Disciple if you're Dark - "Very well. What is it you wish to know?"

Disciple if you're Light - "That is hardly surprising. What do you wish to know?"

I'd be interested in any other little bits like that.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ruminating on the above a little:

Why is 'very well' Dark and 'hardly surprising' Light?

'very well' - a polite formal acquiescence, that I understand. He's bothered by my bad skin but still respects me enough to be moderately polite etc.

But the other - why is he hardly surprised? That sounds even less friendly & more mocking than 'very well,' and he's supposed to adore your Lightness.

.....this stuff runs through my head in the wee hours of the morning all the time... :huh:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Disciple if you're Dark  - "Very well. What is it you wish to know?"

It more as to how you say it not what is said in this case. Though I found the lack of real difference annoying myself. If your light side kreia complains about your deeds if you're dark she... Well overall nothing is different just how they say it in very slight differences. Almost none of their dialogues cahnge whether they are light or dark. the whole light and dark side didn't seem to make as much difference in this game as the last one to me.

The guy bows to a man. I think there is some problems there.

He actually bows (animation)?

All I ever see is the text but he keeps standing.

To phalzyr:

Damnit! I've met him about 3+ times now, and never a single bow.

Guess I must be happy with that?

Edited by Battlewookiee

What's wrong with bowing? Cultures for centuries have used the bow to express all kind of things - usually some version of respect. Kind of like a salute, perhaps.

Sheesh....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Reckon this is just a mass outbreak of homophobia, despite the fact that there really isn't anything homoerotic about a bow, :devil:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Back on topic...kind of.

So, if you're Dark and make Disciple leader of the Dxum tomb run, and then force him to revel in the DS, he later has a 'I failed you' dialogue, which in itself seems complete.

But if you're Light and he succeeds at staving off the DS influence, then later he tells you that he 'learned something' - and if you ask him what he learned, he says "It's not important, perhaps we will discuss it at another time."

Obviously...I'm wondering...does he ever discuss it at another time? Because so far, he hasn't .... and I'm on Telos for the Ravenger run.

Edit - makes me wonder if there was more to it, and when they cut stuff from the game they replaced it with that line to close it off...

I replayed it, only this time I sent Atton as leader, and made him 'resist' - he also says he learned something, but gives a better answer when you ask him what. ;)

I also love Atton's response if you tell him you single-handedly saved Onderon. haha

I like that response too.

With Disciple's dialogue, he always seemed/sounded reluctant to me when ds - that "Very well" bit, almost like he ws cutting off a sigh of annoyance. LOL And the ls counterpart, to me, sounds like he's all excited you want to talk about this stuff.

I read "That is hardly surprising" as him seeing you as an inquisitive person.

@ witchzenka - that sounds like a good way to view Disciples verbal mood.

I've now replayed Dxun temple & skyramp 4 times... think doing it again to see reactions of other NPC's will have to wait.

Side note: For some reason when my party leader got DSP points for the dark side 'patches' and for being tempted, it didn't lower my Exile's (or the party leaders) Light side Mastery at all. Still had the bonus. Seems...odd?

And I like being able to give another character affect mind, if they level up during that errand. Not they have any use for it. :D

What's wrong with bowing? Cultures for centuries have used the bow to express all kind of things - usually some version of respect.  Kind of like a salute, perhaps.

Sheesh....

It's disciple. <_<

Reckon this is just a mass outbreak of homophobia, despite the fact that there really isn't anything homoerotic about a bow,  :thumbsup:

It's disciple. <_<

----

Disciple sucks Donky Balls. Even the ladies here hate him - and they'll screw anything that moves! ;)

manthing2.jpg