other genre for SW games

AngryTarsier

SW game similar to Sid Meiers' Pirates

You have to admit the idea is not far fetched... I mean how many times have anyone of you dream to command an Imperial Star Destroyer and blast the Rebel scum into space or somesuch ideas... it would be based on the Pirates engine and it won't be the first time the a Starwars game borrowed stuff from a popular game...

Sounds as interesting as most of this forums SW-fans. We got about 350 Darths and 200 names starting with "Dark". Holy originality, Batman!

:)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd actually really like to see a star wars game based off the Prince of Persia: Warrior Within fighting system. That'd just be so fun, grabbing a dead enemy's lightsaber and wallrunning along, slicing up stormtroopers or whatever.

I don't know about grabbing the lightsaber but you can wallrun on Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy... plus the lightsaber fights are simply awesome.. maybe they will upgrade the engine... maybe use source on it...

as for the pirates.. yeah plenty of mini-games but they could concentrate on the more important stuff like the ship to ship fighting which is really fun... loading and firing a full volley of torpedoes to an enemy vessel or ramming it going for the boarding action... now that's fun...

Meh, If it had to spread to other genres, I would like to see a Master of Orion 2 SW version (especially if a re-release would fix some of the bugs in there) :rolleyes:

Edit: Or a Jagged Alliance 2 with stormtroopers and republic soldiers...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How about a game based on the Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings engine? Let's call it Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. I'm sure it's going to be a big success ...  (w00t)

Even better to give it a 3D engine and call it Star Wars: Force Commander, as 3D games are more loved by gamers these days and are generally selling better than C&C Red Alert looking games... o:) <_< o:)

I'd like to see a SW game with a turnbased system, something akin to Tactics Ogre. But I know that's a game I'll never see...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Someone made a joke about Star Wars in a Leisure Suit Larry setting ... :wub: ... actually, that's about the only type of game that would definitely not work with the Star Wars license. Point-and-click adventures just ... don't have the rhythm that Star Wars needs. They're too slow.

Sounds as interesting as most of this forums SW-fans. We got about 350 Darths and 200 names starting with "Dark". Holy originality, Batman!

:lol:

i do believe hades made a nice little thread about that somewhere :D i think the name was:

whats with all the darths around here?

are you guys that sad?!

thats my second most favorite thread of all time....the first is

darth scion is a sexy mofo!

for some reason they are both gone :(