Who was the better Sith Lord?

Who is the better Sith Lord? Malak or Kreia?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better Sith Lord? Malak or Kreia?

• Darth Malak
    • Darth Kreia

I reckon Malak to be honest. Malak was a real sith lord, Kreia was just a conniving, manipulative old cow.

I actually don't think she's that old, just really disfigured.

LOL, actually, you could be right... I mean so many characters look like they aged 50 years (*cough* Disciple) when they go dark side... who knows, maybe Kreia was actually Exile's age. :D

I agree though, Malak was a sith lord... Kreia was... er... in a class of her own, really. She wasn't a jedi and she wasn't a sith either... she suited her own purposes and kinda forged her own path, although I found her way more annoying than a sith lord. >_<

Malak. The man ordered Taris bombed to oblivion because of ONE Jedi. Bastilla must have had God-level Battle Meditation, for that. He ordered Telos attacked, destroyed the Dantooine Jedi enclave, held those Jedi in that state of non-death, and sought to control the entire Republic.

Kreia sought to sever everyone's connection to the Force. While harsh, this is not nearly as destructive or evil.

If you consider that Kreia trained Revan and consider her reputation within the Jedi council, it could be argued that she was of far greater consequence to the galaxy than Malak ever was. She was pulling the puppet-strings behind the scenes; you could probably peg a lot of blame on her.

Malak. He almost brought about another Sith age. All Kreia does is watch the Exile, betray the Exile, and die by the Exile. Malak kidnapped Bastila, attacks Dantooine, and kept Jedi undead in a tank. Plus Malak actually used force breach on me. I had to fight him without the force. And he had moves! His Power Attack was the best attack animation in KoTOR 1.

Damn, I am a geek! >_<

If you had said character, then definitely Kreia. She has way more lines than Malak and a better backstory. :(

Janson, just because you trained a person doesn't mean you are responsible for that person's actions.

Well, no, but the Jedi Masters obviously felt Kreia to have some bad influence...and there are certainly several scenes in the game that indicate that she nudged her pupils in a certain direction...

Darth Malak. you can't be evil without an evil laugh, and at least one contrived death scene, and Malak had both of them. Malak was a proper James Bond-style villain.

"Do you expect me to turn to the dark side, Malak?"

"No, Revan. I expect you to die!"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Plus Malak actually used force breach on me. I had to fight him without the force. And he had moves! His Power Attack was the best attack animation in KoTOR 1.

Hey now. Kreia had Kinetic Combat, man. :o Plus, I seem to remember being stunned several times in a row by Kreia spamming Force Wave, Kill, Insanity, and other stunning spells against me, too... :p

But, hey, for the poll, by being a "better" Sith Lord, do you mean better as a representative and leader of the actual Sith or better as in a more interesting character? 'Cause Kreia wasn't really much of a "Sith Lord" since her beliefs weren't very in line with the teachings of the Sith at all, making Darth Malak the better Sith Lord, but I would say Kreia was a more interesting character...

OK. So Malak correctly identified Bastila's Battle Meditation as a possible asset and turned her to the Dark Side. But come on! ANY IDIOT COULD FIGURE THAT OUT!!!

Now, let's see what else Malak did:

- He destroyed Telos in a way that rendered its atmosphere acidic and inhospitable. Telos was one of the great industrial and technological centres of the galaxy and would have contributed greatly to the Sith economy. Pointless waste of resources.

- He obliterated Taris, a planet under HIS control, with taxes, industries, and an economy fuelling HIS empire. Why? It was the chance that ONE Jedi could escape his blockade. And she escaped anyway. Not to mention the fact that he had many of HIS OWN troops still on the surface when he fired upon it. Another pointless waste of resources there.

- He obliterated Dantooine to destroy a backwater Jedi academy. More resources he could have used gone to waste.

- He grew hopelessly dependent on the Star Forge and used it as a crutch when Revan came back to end his reign. And even that didn't help him in the end. At least Revan understood that even the Star Forge had its limits, hence leaving the infrastructure of the Republic mostly intact during his conquests so as to be able to use it himself later on.

- And finally, he took as his apprentice a childish psychopath who makes a hobby of hurling HIS OWN underlings into HIS OWN computer terminals on HIS OWN ships.

What a buffoon!

Traya may not have been a 'mainstream' Sith, but she was intelligent, cunning, manipulative, resourceful and deviously subtle; and obviously a heavy influence on Revan and on Revan's methods.

So in my opinion, Darth Traya > Darth Malak

Kreia isn't much of a Sith Lord actually, since her motives would've harmed the Sith as much as the Jedi as anyone with force sensitivity in the galaxy. But her way of doing things, was very palpatine-like. Malak on the other hand was a fool and bully with a fetish for spandex. I accepted him in the first game until the revelation, but after that, i loathed him. Especially after playing K2.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Malak was another "i wan't to rule the galaxy!" guy.

Yes, and they so rarely want to rule the galaxy because they have innovative policy solutions to social deprivation or inner-city housing. Unless you count Taris.

Still, Malak is the better Sith Lord, in that he fulfills all the stereotypes. We don't want subtlety in our Sith, we want crazed sociopaths and Malak delivers!

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Malak was another "i wan't to rule the galaxy!" guy.

Yes, and they so rarely want to rule the galaxy because they have innovative policy solutions to social deprivation or inner-city housing. Unless you count Taris.

Still, Malak is the better Sith Lord, in that he fulfills all the stereotypes. We don't want subtlety in our Sith, we want crazed sociopaths and Malak delivers!

The prototypes for sith are Palpatine and Vader neither of whom are crazed sociopaths. Palpatines plans are particularly subtle and Vader is quite cunning(In the OT anyway) and only kills his underlings when he finds them incompetent and in need of replacing.

Malak is a self-destructive clown who hitched himself to Revan, got a lucky break and then destroyed everything Revan had been building making his own destruction inevitable.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers

Malak, definitely, in the strict sense of Sith. He had a mind like a steel trap, and would never consider that he may have been wrong in his approach. And in that last battle with him in K1, he was using the 'consuming' technique of Nihilous to sustain himself. Most likely he learned it from Revan, who learned it from Kreia...

With regard to Kreia, I think it depends on what stage of her life you're talking about. Certainly as a Sith Lord, she must have been awesome, perhaps better than Malak ever could be because of her cleverness and grasp of far-reaching tactics. But her failing (and her saving grace) was her search for knowledge. She turned away from strictly adhering to the teachings of the Sith, becoming a unique shade of gray before you meet her in K2.

She has come full circle. She only became Darth Traya again because the situation demanded it, because Atris failed to pick up the role. As Kreia said to Exile, the identity of the betrayer was yet to be revealed. At that point, she didn't know how everything would pan out. (The follow-through was a plot cut, sadly. I'd have loved to give Atris what she deserved. She took my lightsaber and would not give it back!).

Once Exile grew powerful enough, the only thing that remained was to sever the Master-Padawan Force bond between them. It was his vulnerability, and she needed to distance herself from him. Darth Traya in full regale once again was only another manipulation; she remained true to her beliefs, which were not Sith or Jedi.

I enjoyed Kiera more so, she was a flawed yet cunningly captivateing character who suffered from fairly human frailties and oddly beautiful in her own unique way. However I never precieved her as evil for example.

Jedi=Good and Sith =Evil. The truth is that good and evil are often terms that people twist to suit their own purposes. Sometimes people will lie and try to make you think certain things just so you will do what they want you to do. Always remember that the final judgment is yours. That is both a great freedom and a great responsibility which really is a matter of prespective.

She was definetly an interesting and a more devloped character then Malak she also did not appear to be so one tracked she seemed to have a fairly large agenda.

Through the harshness of her lession's she would offer clarity. Understanding for those who would take the time to ponder. For ignorance is weakness and knowledge is as most know Strength.

Oddly enough, Kiera seemed to care and love the exile. Which, I would have loved to have seen more developed.

I tend to think Kiera probly was more of a person who believed, knowledge comes from experiance and through experiance no lession is truely poor unless you remain ignorant and failed to better ones self. Which to me represents" responsibility" To the "responsible" Where everyone must experience the consequences of his own actions for better or ill. One can hope they will learn from those experiances and be come self sufficent.

Which is how I also interperated her comments about giveing money freely to beggers in Naar Shaddan as an example.

I quite enjoyed her philophies and her unique belief's which oddly enough reminded me of (facist / Anton La veys Satanic Bible teachings/practices. )

I quite honestly loved her web of half truths and the clairity she would offer lession's she would offer which one might question yet theres a cold truths.

However I was disapointed Kiera was unfortunately not a love interest. As I felt the bond the exile and Kiera had could have really been somthing more and lead to some interesting scenario's.

As for Kiera being insane, as I said before with good and evil. It's truely a matter of prespective I did not find her actions of that of one who was mentally disturbed.

Lady Alenuska

P.s. Hopefully my post does not come across as tired rambleing and makes some sense.