The Incomplete Endings are lame.

It depends at what point it was cut. Although it sounds a simple thing. It's something that was going to be remarkably "scene heavy". And thats where the time sink is in RPGs. The actual making of levels and sticking in the monsters is comparitively quick compared to the "fleshing out".

Nice scene between Nihilus and Sion.

But I'm really glad he didnt get his zombie soldiers.

Still on the evidence of KOTOR II I doubt there are many who dont believe that given a 3year development window that Obsidian could create a game that would pretty rewrite the RPG book.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Nice scene between Nihilus and Sion.

But I'm really glad he didnt get his zombie soldiers.

Actually, he did get zombie soldiers in the final version of the game. They were on the Bridge of the Ravager, down on the (inaccessible) lower levels on each side of the room, busy working at their computer terminals. They were called "Nihilus Slaves"... If you select them from the upper level of the room (the only level you can access), a message pops up saying something like, "This man stares at you with vacant eyes."

Actually, he did get zombie soldiers in the final version of the game. They were on the Bridge of the Ravager, down on the (inaccessible) lower levels on each side of the room, busy working at their computer terminals. They were called "Nihilus Slaves"... If you select them from the upper level of the room (the only level you can access), a message pops up saying something like, "This man stares at you with vacant eyes."

Oh I rember them. I just had a different mental image of Zombie soldiers. Something akin to Resi Evil zombies in Sith and Rebel uniforms lumbering around.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

That definately would have brought more emotion to the story if you got to see your buddies all tore up in prison and you got to go save them.

although i am happy they didn't use the atton death thing because 1) I don't think his character really had enough buildup for that. Maybe if there were more options with him to talk or do stuff other than play pazaak - fleshed out more- and 2) I hope he comes back for 3. :) then they could build up the relationship and kill him if that's how it has to go (it would be nice to have a happy ending with him & exile though :blink: )

And I just loved Bao-Dur and wouldn't want to see him killed :blink:

And I don't think atton could take sion because you're the one whose supposed to knock off those 3 people like Kriea says - the one that likes pain, and power and the betrayer or something like that. You know, it's your job in the game ;)

• 2 weeks later...