The Incomplete Endings are lame.

Why didn't Sion kill Kreia on the Harbinger? The same question arises for why Sion and Nihilus exiled rather than killed her when they defeated her at Trayus Academy. I don't know if Sith Lords have a history of sparing their enemies, but I doubt it. I can accept that Sion may have some mixed feelings about killing her, since she was his teacher. But Nihilus?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Why didn't Sion kill Kreia on the Harbinger?  The same question arises for why Sion and Nihilus exiled rather than killed her when they defeated her at Trayus Academy.

Oh I think at that point they just wanted her to suffer as a weak old woman. Since she tries to pull her lightsaber and cant you have to assume they either cut her off from the force, or did something similiar. There are also those "indignities" she mentions.

Obviously they underestimated both her hate and resolve.

As for why he didnt kill her on the Harbinger not a clue. Espeically as doing so would have cut the exiles force nuts off figuratively speaking.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Why didn't Sion kill Kreia on the Harbinger?  The same question arises for why Sion and Nihilus exiled rather than killed her when they defeated her at Trayus Academy.  I don't know if Sith Lords have a history of sparing their enemies, but I doubt it.  I can accept that Sion may have some mixed feelings about killing her, since she was his teacher.  But Nihilus?

I don't believe they "spared" her. They wanted her to suffer, and living without her power was worse than being killed.

As for Sion not killing her, see my post above there. ;)

Oh I think at that point they just wanted her to suffer as a weak old woman. Since she tries to pull her lightsaber and cant you have to assume they either cut her off from the force, or did something similiar. There are also those "indignities" she mentions.

Obviously they underestimated both her hate and resolve.

At that point, absolutely.. But what of the Harbinger? Sion knew that she had the Exile and he probably could guess that she was helping him. Even if personally he wanted her to be broken more, he would (maybe) have wanted to deprive an enemy of an ally.. Of course, that assumes that Sion understands anything about fighting other than reveling in dark powers.. And I could be totally wrong, but I just think that it's awfully convenient that Sion spares her life on the Harbinger, then is trying to get back in her good graces at the Trayus Academy...

At that point, absolutely..  But what of the Harbinger?  Sion knew that she had the Exile and he probably could guess that she was helping him.  Even if personally he wanted her to be broken more, he would (maybe) have wanted to deprive an enemy of an ally..  Of course, that assumes that Sion understands anything about fighting other than reveling in dark powers..  And I could be totally wrong, but I just think that it's awfully convenient that Sion spares her life on the Harbinger, then is trying to get back in her good graces at the Trayus Academy...

Maybe, or she could have ducked behind a box and gone invisible. She may have fed him a line about how she was using the Exile to draw out the Jedi and was still one of them because at that point he thinks the exile is the last of the Jedi. The only problem with that little theory is that I have no idea if Kreia thinks he's the last Jedi too. If he was that enamoured of her as a teacher he might just buy it. In a twisted sort of way she would have kept her word too.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

This one ?

I don't believe Sion ever intended to kill Kreia.  Whether it was to increase her suffering by letting her live or because he simply could not kill her because she had such a psychological hold over him, I haven't completely decided.  I'm leaning toward a combination of the two.

Sounds plausable especially given her training methods.

I dont know about letting her live to suffer. He must have sensed she had regained her link to the force however weak. Which would ultimately make her a threat. I saw Sion a bit like a puppy even if you hit it on the nose with a newspaper when it does something wrong it will still seek your approval and wag its tail when your around.

Not that I condone it, but if you take that to extremes it will become hostile to everyone else. But very subservient to it's master.

And that sort of fits with Sions behaviour ,even if he did "bite" Kreias hand.

478327[/snapback]

In what way would you develop him ?

Well, I don't know if this has been posted, but fooling around I found a cutscene between him and Nihilus on the Ravager's bridge. It seemed to shed some light on Sion's motives. Perhaps there were some more that developed his relationship with Kreia and Nihilus. I for one would have loved to see something of him before he became... rotten. Something like those Jedi Malak flicks in K1.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Um, there seems to be some confusion. I don't seem to have worded it very well, sorry. It's not exactly a cutscene, but I'm guessing it was supposed to have been one, but it never made it into the game. It's just another one of those dialogue files. I'll see if I can find it again.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ok, you asked for it. It's not much, anyway. I'm posting the only node that's complete.

{Gameplay Programmer: Sion walks onto the bridge of the Ravager. The zombie-like figures (or Sith soldiers, if we get no zombies) on the bridge part out of his way, as he advances.}

The Jedi Order is finished. {Snarling, defiant}I did, with what all your power, you could not do.

There is more. Darth Traya yet lives. You did not kill her, as you assumed.

{Disgusted, stalks off}Our alliance is finished. I have no need of you.

{Gameplay Programmer: Nihilus does not move, camera shows him from the front, half side, as Sion walks away behind him. There is a few seconds of silence, then Nihilus "speaks" in the next node.}

{Nihilus speaks in this node, as Sion continues to walk away.}

[DarthNihilus]{Gameplay Programmer: Cuts to Sion's face, furious, Sion stops, ignites blade. Facial expression is already set to angry.}

{Nihilus turns, dark wave energy exploding from him, blasting Sion back, as supports smash down around him. It would be awesome if Sith soldiers are hurled about by Nihilus' power, or are disintegrated as he attacks Sion.}

[Kreia] Now it ends.

[Kreia] And the darkness comes.

There are a few more incomplete conversation nodes with references to a female exile and her alleged death, but nothing concrete.

Why was Kreia not killed by Nihilus and Sion?

= no idea, she propably feigned death as she did on the Ebon Hawk

Why did Sion not kill her on the Harbinger?

= she said something like "he has been blinded by the force long ago, he cannot see ...". Sion makes the impression of having made a blind fight lucky hit. He surely would have preferred to kill her, but he "Just" got her hand. She then retreated successfuly because of his blindness.

SADLY... this blindness thing is not very logical, compared to the rest of the plot; he seems to "see" perfectly well throughout the rest of the game... ;)

:: When the exile enters the Trayus Academy, she will be faced with a choice.

::{:: One path, assuming she survives, will allow her to save her friends, but she shall be the weaker for it. ::}

The Sith Assassins get up, and they begin to materialize off into the shadows.::

The other route will lead her directly to this place, through the ones that have hounded her steps through the beginning... and she shall have her vengeance.

Hey, I just thought of something...

As we all probably know already, there were two paths through the Trayus Academy that would lead to the final chamber with Darth Sion and the door to the Trayus Core. One path was called "Trayus Proving Grounds" and the other path was called "Trayus Crescent".

If you look at the actual Map when you're in the first area of the Trayus Academy, however, and you highlight one of the blue dots (nodes?) over one of the doors on the western side of the area (which led to what was called "Trayus Crescent" in the game), it listed the doors as leading to "Trayus Prison" instead.

Perhaps a part of what would've originally determined whether or not the other heroes survived the adventure or faced death was going to be whichever path you chose to go through to get to that final chamber with Darth Sion: either the Trayus Prison/Trayus Crescent (to rescue them somehow) or the Trayus Proving Grounds (to abandon them to death and move on alone).

I'm just thinking, maybe before these scenes were cut and everything, "Trayus Crescent" was originally going to be called "Trayus Prison" since of course, a "prison" might be where the other heroes were being kept in or trapped in or preoccupied in or what have you. Maybe after those scenes were ultimately cut, the name of the area was just changed to "Trayus Crescent" for the sake of it, but they left the original name on the nodes on the Map... ;)

I had always wonder why the section was seperately called prision when the only thing that was different about it was the workbench. That would make since, you could get your friends and make one last alteration to their weapons for the final battle

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

::{:: One path, assuming she survives, will allow her to save her friends, but she shall be the weaker for it. ::}

The Sith Assassins get up, and they begin to materialize off into the shadows.::

The other route will lead her directly to this place, through the ones that have hounded her steps through the beginning... and she shall have her vengeance.

Hey, I just thought of something...

As we all probably know already, there were two paths through the Trayus Academy that would lead to the final chamber with Darth Sion and the door to the Trayus Core. One path was called "Trayus Proving Grounds" and the other path was called "Trayus Crescent".

If you look at the actual Map when you're in the first area of the Trayus Academy, however, and you highlight one of the blue dots (nodes?) over one of the doors on the western side of the area (which led to what was called "Trayus Crescent" in the game), it listed the doors as leading to "Trayus Prison" instead.

Perhaps a part of what would've originally determined whether or not the other heroes survived the adventure or faced death was going to be whichever path you chose to go through to get to that final chamber with Darth Sion: either the Trayus Prison/Trayus Crescent (to rescue them somehow) or the Trayus Proving Grounds (to abandon them to death and move on alone).

I'm just thinking, maybe before these scenes were cut and everything, "Trayus Crescent" was originally going to be called "Trayus Prison" since of course, a "prison" might be where the other heroes were being kept in or trapped in or preoccupied in or what have you. Maybe after those scenes were ultimately cut, the name of the area was just changed to "Trayus Crescent" for the sake of it, but they left the original name on the nodes on the Map... ;)

That seems pretty much certain to be true, because there was some cut dialogue found where Kreia describes a choice the exile has upon enterint the academy: