Adding cut content to KotOR II. Some ideas...

I don't think anyone wants to buy the same game twice....unless they have some crazy idiosyncrasies. I have the XBox version of K2 and for the most part I was fairly happy with what I got. That is until I heard that the PC was getting a bug patch and possible content patch, while all Xbox patch (CD of course) questions are being ignored. With that being said, do you think that Obsidian and LA would just dismiss the Xbox gamers? I think not. Surely everyone can understand that if OB and LA release an expansion/content patch for PC and do NOTHING for the Xbox, OB and LA would practically shot themselves in the foot and lose a massive amount of Xbox customers for future games. All speculation of course.

I am willing to shell out some change for a SE K2 for the Xbox. However, I refuse to by the PC version just so I can get a patch of stuff that I should have already gotten. Nothing has been said about the Xbox version, so I assume nothing will be done. I just hope that K3 is better

I happen to be one of the ones who is waiting for fixes/additions. I had several problems with KOTOR (finally fixed in 1.02), and I was not going to make the same mistake with TSL.

I would be real open to a SE, or even an expansion. Of course, since I haven't bought the game yet, I'm not "losing out" like some of you.

With that said, I have, in that past, paid for games multiple times. They have to be freaking awesome games (IMO), or some serious extra content is added. If a game is good enough, like say KOTOR, then I have no problem shelling out a little extra cash for an even better version.

The other advantages with the SE/Expansion idea is that it would give Obsidian the ability to redeem themselves as developers. NWN2 could also do this, but it would not fix the hostilities that abound on account of TSL.

My 2

Myself, I'd love the option of buying an Expansion Pack, but, as has already been mentioned, I doubt that Obsidian has the time to create one right now. A content patch would be even better, for PC users if not Xbox users. This would also make up, to my mind, for the three-month longer wait that PC users had to endure before we could play the game. Although, while I know that Xbox Live users can get content upgrades-- this was done with the Yavin IV station in KotOR I, which came with the PC version but not the Xbox version-- to my knowledge, KotOR II for the Xbox is not Xbox Live enabled. So, Xbox users would really be SOL there... but you could also consider that to be the price of getting games months earlier, beside the fact that static content is one of the major drawbacks to playing games on a console. I tend to look at it as a choice one makes when one decides to play games on a console rather than on a PC, but there will undoubtedly be a lot of ill will from Xbox users, regardless.

In my opinion, though, the only truly likely way that we'll ever see the un-added content of KotOR II is if a modder scrapes all the pieces together from the unused code already in the game, and makes a player mod of it. It would be great of Obsidian to lend support to players who are willing to do this, as Bioware did with the Baldurdash mods of Baldur's Gate II, but with LA's position on player mods, I don't think we can necessarily count on Obsidian's active support. Not that I blame Obsidian; I'm sure that, like most programmers, they have an almost obsessive-compulsive need to make sure their software is as good as it can be. LucasArts owns the rights and writes the checks, however, so the decision is really up to them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been reading about the stuff that was cut from the game seemingly due to time constraints and would love to see a content patch. I'd espeically like to see the Droid Factory (which I assume is through that locked door at the Military Base?) and the Character Extended Endings. Hopefully Obisidian will add this content in this patch or an upcoming patch. Considering that it's mostly done and would make the already satisfying game even more satisfying then it was, I say go for it. :D I'd even pay full price for it. ;)

Changing the ending doesn't require to rehire any texture artists or voiceovers. That alone can be made with a minor team of programmers and someone fixing the animations. This can be released as a patch.

The HK-factory would require some more job though, i wouldn't mind if it was included in KotOR III instead.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Isn't the factory playable already, though?

Just bearly. While the ending needs some new scenes in the same enviroment, the factory is several levels that aren't even finished yet.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

unfortunately, yes, a new ending needs the voices of some actors at least, for ex. Kreia or maybe new scenes as Meshugger said, that's why I see it so far away but I have hope to see an expansion pack running by there :ph34r:

I thought the ending voice overs were already recorded? Hopefully they do finish the Droid Factory and Character endings for a content patch, though. :D

hope you're right, I didn't know about the voices recorded ;)

Some voices are recorded, at least, but there didn't seem to be quite enough to make everything flow together properly. At least from what I had heard.

Just adding my voice into the mix. I'd love a downloadable content patch, even if it was huge. But I also think it's unlikely.

IF an expansion had not only new endings, but some new areas to explore/fight in, and the like, I'd buy it - providing it was in the realm of 25-30 dollars and not 50-60. If it only had a few bits and pieces towards the end I'm not sure I would pay more - or at least, I'd wait till it was on sale for $10 somewhere.

Overall tho, I'd probably just rather they concentrate on making a 3rd one, if/when they do, and possibly answering some of the plot questions/holes in Kotor2 that way.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I probably should explain what I thought about the game: I think it's definately on par with the first one and has a great, mysterious story. It's definately one of my favourite games. I really enjoyed playing it and can't wait for a third one. The only things that stood out as missing was some stuff relating to the end, but I still thought it was a satisfying finish. I didn't use HK-47 pretty much at all throughout the game, GO-TO as well. Now after finding out that some of the end was missing as well as things relating to HK and GO-TO, I think it would be cool to have those aspects in the game. Especially the ending stuff to find out what was happening with the party members. The Droid Factory would have been a nice addition as well and I probably would have used HK-47. :D I think these things would add to an already great game. People want these cause they enjoyed the game enough to want it perfect. ;)