will there be a third

Sorry, but this game has made way too much money for there not to be a third. I wouldn't be surprised if it is "in the works" already. Everybody wants a payday, and the sooner the game is done, the sooner that day arrives. I just hope Lucas Arts' "want" doesn't overpower their common sense(what little there is of it) and have them force production scedules, again.

I just hope Lucas Arts' "want" doesn't overpower their common sense(what little there is of it) and have them force production scedules, again.

Indeed, if they are using the force in their production process, allowing the strength of their wants and desires to overpower them can only lead to the dark side.

It's probably not "in the works" at the moment, but it no doubt will be at some point in the future. :thumbsup:

what i thought...i guess i should trust my intincts alittle more. kind of hard seeing bot articles and then where that thread bout kotor3.com. anyway thanks

i posted that thread

Man, we really need a new game to talk about around here. I don't care what it is at this point.

I mean, they moved the NWN forums over to BioWare. And to be honest I'm probably not going to play NWN2 anyway because my pathetic computer wouldn't be able to handle it.

I have a computer for word processing and internet for the most part. Not PC gaming. That wasn't what I got it for. But it became that after I played the original KOTOR on Xbox. Now I find myself buying all sorts of games for my computer, and I'm surprised the damn thing hasn't blown up yet.

So, unless they release NWN2 for Xbox as well, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pass. ;)

So, yeah, we need a new game around here to talk about. Hopefully not K3. :thumbsup:

Its too sucussful of a franchise to not do another sequel. Like Final Fantasy, without the suck.

However lets just hope Bethesda doesnt buy up another franchise that is beyond their ability to do justice to. Poor Fallout.. you deserve better... *sigh*

Edited by Darth Hoebag

KOTOR is about upto Final Fantasies ankle.

It's inevitable there will be a third yes. But there is a big difference. Squenix loves its FF franchise , or perhaps respects would be a better word. Lucas Arts on the other hand to tend to milk, and move on when something more attractive comes up.

I can see two KOTOR scenario's. One that it's done ready for sometime next year with the same sort of layout as this one, perhaps using the droid planet.

Two, you wont see it for 2 or 3 years and when you do it will be all new and on the Xbox II.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'd be surprised if they won't conclude this trilogy. With the ending in this one, it would be pretty annoying not to have the whole Revan story concluded.

Having said that, though, I wouldn't like seeing another incomplete nightmare - so if they do not intent to do it right, then they should stop.

Old School FF pwns the recent crap.

I dont think so, but then I did play them pretty much in reverse. Starting with X and working down.

Ten seemed pretty good from the little I played of it, but, come on. X-2? IX? VIII? FFTA? Square is polishing the brass on the titanic with this series. And, yeah, I ripped that line off of Palahniuk.

I'm sure there has to be atleast a little debate over if Kotor 3 will be an xbox2 title and if it is they obviously will be waiting for some specs. I have little doubt that the game will be made considering alot of people were perfectly happy with a half completed game, so why not, even if its crap theres legions of fans ready to shell out the money

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ten seemed pretty good from the little I played of it, but, come on. X-2? IX? VIII? FFTA? Square is polishing the brass on the titanic with this series. And, yeah, I ripped that line off of Palahniuk.

What was wrong with X2? It's the one that finishes up the story started in X.

VIII isnt one I particularly enjoyed but that the thing about FF it changes so much.Even X and X-2 had a totally different game system. Me I love the job system.

If look at the preorders in Japan alone you wont even need to ask that question.

Dont know if your aware of this or not but FFTA is related to FFT and is more a tactical combat RPG (disgaie style).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Dont know if your aware of this or not but FFTA is related to FFT and is more a tactical combat RPG (disgaie style).

Wrong. FFTA is about a bunch of brat kids who get sucked into the upcoming FFXII. Same game designer.

FFT is much closer in story, theme and control to the Atlus/Quest Ogre games since square commishioned the Atlus/quest people to make it.

Wrong. FFTA is about a bunch of brat kids who get sucked into the upcoming FFXII. Same game designer.

FFT is much closer in story, theme and control to the Atlus/Quest Ogre games since square commishioned the Atlus/quest people to make it.

Story aside it's the same sort of gameplay.

FFXII dosnt have the same characters as FFTA , it does take place in the same world though only this time around it looks far more impressive.

478327[/snapback]

I posted this in a different thread. Now, like I said over there, I'm not trying to pile on the K3 bandwagon or anything, but IGN has a new article out today about the Xenon, aka Xbox 2.

In the article, it was noted that there are a handful of publishers onboard with the new console right now for the launch window that Microsoft has set aside for the new games.

One of those early publishers is LucasArts. :p"