Very Difficult

This part of the game is very difficult, I lost two characters including Jedi to manage to kill all the mercenary that were keeping the door of the tunnel. I just stayed with Atton, I had to retreat constantly to manage to kill those two towers that stay in the ramp. I stayed without grenade and without Packages of energy. Do anybody also had problems in this part to manage to kill the rebels?

Or it will be that I was mistaken ha hour to choosing better my attributes??

post-11596-1110767973_thumb.jpg

Just a few tips for this one...

The "secret" for me on this one was micromanagement of your troops.

Tab between them all the time and keep their command queues full with the things you want them to do.

Keep an eye on your shields. In this fight, I prefer energy shields, as the guys can usually hold their ground in melee.

"Force speed" powers are your friend.

Remember Bao Dur's special ability, let him use his fists, thats what he does best, and especially let him have the first go at the veteran mercenaries (when they glow "reddish") with his special shield breaker attack.

Use stimulants.

Use medipacks.

It's one of the few interesting (challenging) fights in the game :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, that was the first (and only) time where I was confounded by difficulty and had to reload several times.

I found it easiest to go solo (place your party waaaaay away down the path you came in on), use a lot of energy shields, and use a grenade to attract only one or two forward at a time till it was thinned enough for the whole party to handle.

Then I didn't have any problems at all.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Stationary AI before triggering the encounter with the mercenary commander. After mopping the floor with his group, I just make my characters go back a bit.

Then either Atton or Kreia in solo mode to take long range shots of the turrets. Watch your energy shields and then everything else okay. The fact that the other mercenaries don't rush when you start taking potshots of the turrets is just faulty AI LOL.

It means that Bao Dur is good to give punches? With the same fists? Or better do he use a sword? what tells me of Bao dur Use a rifle?

It's not that he is better or worse than any other character, that can throw punches, but he does have a special attack form that only works when using fists.

If he uses fists, you get it on the same combat menu, where you find flurry, power attack etc. it's called "shield breaker" or some such.

It only takes one hit of that attack to remove an opponents shield. Then you don't have to do like 60-100 whatever damage first and then injure the opponent. If you send Bao Dur on a quick trip from one veteran merc to the other of those who uses shields (those who "glows red"), they die a lot faster when you and Atton start cutting/shooting them.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Flank them. Have Atton activate stealth mode (optional, but helps). Send Bao-Dur and the Exile in to attack. Then, have Atton attack from the side, or behind them. With melee or close enough with a blaster, it will be a sneak attack and do bonus damage.

Use Ion weapons on the turrets, as they are considered Doids. And Stun/Disable/Destroy Droid if you have it.

If Atton has sufficient Demolitions skill (Wouldn't know, my Guardian always handled it) have him use stealth to set some mines so when the mercs come towards you *BOOM* If you've got Demolitions and Stealh, then you can do it.

I did have to use Hit-and-run tatcitics to get thru this part

The real problem here is with the AI packages not doing right.

I've tried various combinations and it always ended with my sidekicks making banzai charges against groups of enemies or being somewhere else when their help was needed.